Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 10:32 PM
Default Nraas Careers Self-Employed Help
I recently got the nraas careers mod plus self-employed package so I could self-employ my sim as a busker. The mod seemed to be working fine - I was easily able to register as self-employed and start progressing through the career. The problem is, my "earnings" don't go into my household funds, so although I've supposedly earned several thousand $s busking, my sim can't actually use it and is essentially broke. Anybody else had this experience?

Note: have the latest patch, and latest version of the mods.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:22 AM
In case anyone wonders, presuming your sims sign up for this career, this is what NRAAS Self-Employed can do:

Athletic
Earn money training sims using gym equipment

Chess
Earn money playing chess matches
More money is garnered for opponents closer in skill, with the big money from ranked matches

Collecting
Earn money selling gems, rocks, insects, and relics

Guitar
Earn money from playing for tips and performing at venues

Hacking
Earn money via hacking on the computer
Hacking is still only available during the night

Handiness
Earn money repairing and upgrading objects
Mop up puddles after fixing everything in the room and get a small bonus
Use the "Search For Broken Items" interaction on the computer to locate your next job

Martial Arts
Earn money sparring and training sims
More money is garnered for opponents closer in skill, with the big money from ranked matches
You can request a new ranked opponent using the computer

Source: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers+SelfEmployed+FAQ

I have this, but never tried it. I didn't know this is so cool. Sorry OP, didn't really answer your question, but I guess I elaborate a bit on the special career you are asking.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwaSwa
I recently got the nraas careers mod plus self-employed package so I could self-employ my sim as a busker. The mod seemed to be working fine - I was easily able to register as self-employed and start progressing through the career. The problem is, my "earnings" don't go into my household funds, so although I've supposedly earned several thousand $s busking, my sim can't actually use it and is essentially broke. Anybody else had this experience?

Note: have the latest patch, and latest version of the mods.

Not sure but you might need additional modules. Your question might be best asked over at NRaas in Chatterbox.