Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#4651 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NaeShelle
My game keeps making random couples.
Like every Sim in town that's of age is paired off with someone else.
There are literally no single Sims - only the ones in my active household.
I don't know what the hell is going on. Could it be an NRaas thing? 'Cause I have a bunch of those mods installed. How do I make it stop?

I think I found out how to fix it. You have to set the allow romance caste for the town to false. idk who agreed with my post but I guess someone else is having the same issue.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Advertisement
Instructor
#4652 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:55 AM
I have two Nraas Story Progression .package's in my mods file. One in the Package file and in the Packages file there is a NRaas_StoryProgression_V265 file and in side of that there is another Nraas_StoryProgression.package file. Are these suppose to be there is should I delete one of them? To me they look like the same.
Field Researcher
#4653 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
I have two Nraas Story Progression .package's in my mods file. One in the Package file and in the Packages file there is a NRaas_StoryProgression_V265 file and in side of that there is another Nraas_StoryProgression.package file. Are these suppose to be there is should I delete one of them? To me they look like the same.

Just to be safe, I would delete both and redownload the mod (for your patch level) from the site.
Top Secret Researcher
#4654 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:23 PM
I have never used the Overrides folder and I am wondering what type of mods/CC I would put in it? I'm running most of NRaas, a lot of mods from MTS and Simsasylum and some from Simlogical, about 100 MB overall.

I install everything else (except counters, lots, and worlds) via CCMagic.

Any suggestions what I should put in there?
Instructor
#4655 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kinseth
Just to be safe, I would delete both and redownload the mod (for your patch level) from the site.

I did that. I downloaded the mod again, this time there were only on .package file, but the mod did't work in the game. But when I had two .package files it did.
Top Secret Researcher
#4656 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:48 PM
I did that. I downloaded the mod again, this time there were only on .package file, but the mod did't work in the game. But when I had two .package files it did.

The file with the version number is the zip file that you download. It won't do anything. You extract the package file with WinRAR and put the package file inside into the Packages folder. It does not have a version number.

Also, delete your cache files before you start the game.

You don't need both, the zip file won't do anything.
Space Pony
#4657 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:35 AM
The overrides folder is mainly used for package files that "MUST LOAD FIRST" above every other mod file for the game. A best example of a file that should only be placed in the overrides folder is the "Store Fix" file used for decrapified Store content.
Top Secret Researcher
#4658 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:45 AM
I don't really have a sense of what "must load first". Default skins and eyes? Sliders? On Nona's site, it mentions EA hair replacements, so I assume that also means changed EA clothes?

Any type of mods that should go there? Tuning vs. scripting (not that I understand the difference)? Core mods?
Space Pony
#4659 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I don't really have a sense of what "must load first". Default skins and eyes? Sliders? On Nona's site, it mentions EA hair replacements, so I assume that also means changed EA clothes?

Any type of mods that should go there? Tuning vs. scripting (not that I understand the difference)? Core mods?

Go visit MATY and read all about the importance of the overrides folder on there.

Be warned though, there are a lot of hostile folk on there.
Top Secret Researcher
#4660 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:27 AM
Ok, I'll brave MATY. Wish me luck!

Thanks for your help!
Alchemist
#4661 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
The overrides folder is mainly used for package files that "MUST LOAD FIRST" above every other mod file for the game. A best example of a file that should only be placed in the overrides folder is the "Store Fix" file used for decrapified Store content.

I thought files in the overrides folder are loaded last? It means that if there's a script and core mod that potentially require / change the same resources, the core mod has to be loaded first (packages folder) and then the script mod has to be loaded last (has name higher in alphabet or placed in overrides folder). That's what I understood in TS2 though. I'm almost certain it's the same as TS3?

If the mod description doesn't mention anything about Overrides folder, you don't need to mind it at all; just pretend the folder doesn't exist. Some mods do require to be placed there. For example, Sims MX has a Variable Career Metrics mod that's placed in the packages folder. But if you have AwesomeMod, which seems to tweak the career resources, Sims MX's mod has to be placed in overrides folder to work properly. KissingToast and Notouching have fixes for Store and Premium Contents, but in case you have the .packages files of the Store and Premium Contents in the packages folder, you have to put the fix in the overrides folder.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#4662 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I thought files in the overrides folder are loaded last? It means that if there's a script and core mod that potentially require / change the same resources, the core mod has to be loaded first (packages folder) and then the script mod has to be loaded last (has name higher in alphabet or placed in overrides folder). That's what I understood in TS2 though. I'm almost certain it's the same as TS3?

If the mod description doesn't mention anything about Overrides folder, you don't need to mind it at all; just pretend the folder doesn't exist. Some mods do require to be placed there. For example, Sims MX has a Variable Career Metrics mod that's placed in the packages folder. But if you have AwesomeMod, which seems to tweak the career resources, Sims MX's mod has to be placed in overrides folder to work properly. KissingToast and Notouching have fixes for Store and Premium Contents, but in case you have the .packages files of the Store and Premium Contents in the packages folder, you have to put the fix in the overrides folder.

Hm. I don't have AwesomeMod but Twallans's Career mod. Would that also require the Variable Career Matrix mod to be put into the Overrides folder?

I really appreciate all the tips and help! Generally, I've ignored it but I'm overhauling my mods after I finally updated to 1.67 and started wondering about ti.
Instructor
#4663 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:00 AM
The file with the version number is the zip file that you download. It won't do anything. You extract the package file with WinRAR and put the package file inside into the Packages folder. It does not have a version number.

Also, delete your cache files before you start the game.

You don't need both, the zip file won't do anything.

Buts that's the thing. Their are both .package file, the one I dowloaded from the site comes as .package file. There is no zip file.
Top Secret Researcher
#4664 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:10 AM
That's not possible. This is the link:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/file/vi...ession_V265.zip

You unzip it with WinRAR and put that package file (it's NRaas_StoryProgression.package) into the packages folder.
Instructor
#4665 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:28 AM
Yes it is becouse it still sais .package. I have downloaded it like a million time. Even for different patch levels. Inside the dowloaded NRaas_StoryProgression_V265 is Nraas_StoryProgression.package no zip file. And I know how to unzip files, This is'nt my first time adding a mod.
Alchemist
#4666 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 8:50 AM
Hm. I don't have AwesomeMod but Twallans's Career mod. Would that also require the Variable Career Matrix mod to be put into the Overrides folder?

I really appreciate all the tips and help! Generally, I've ignored it but I'm overhauling my mods after I finally updated to 1.67 and started wondering about ti.

I'm not sure, since I don't use Twallan's Career mod. Although, there's no harm if you put your mods in Overrides folder, I suppose.

Just call me Nikel
One Minute Ninja'd
#4667 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 10:15 AM
Yes it is becouse it still sais .package. I have downloaded it like a million time. Even for different patch levels. Inside the dowloaded NRaas_StoryProgression_V265 is Nraas_StoryProgression.package no zip file. And I know how to unzip files, This is'nt my first time adding a mod.

I just downloaded the base mod of SP to check this out. It is the latest version, 265, and I did this 5 minutes ago. My download file name is NRaas_StoryProgression_v265(1).zip (the (1) is because I've downloaded and installed this file once before). Inside the zip is NRaas_StoryProgression.package. You unzip the download, and place the .package file in your mods/packages folder. You cannot download mods from the NRaas site other than in zip form, so I cannot explain why you are not seeing the download properly. What OS are you running?
Scholar
#4668 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 6:25 AM
How do I delete Sims from the pre-made simbin? I never use those puddings and I make my own or download sims from this awesome site.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Inventor
#4669 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:06 PM
It has come to my attention that I have a lot of unused simpoints (I have no idea where I got them from though) and since I already own the ballet-set I'm thinking of buying the violin to add some further class to my game, the question then is: Can a violinist be a member of the bands introduced in LN?

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Theorist
#4670 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:12 PM
No. Bands just use the guitar, piano, bass and drums.

I don't know how to delete sims in the bin - but I've heard that deleting sims from the bin can cause issues if you ever need to install another EP/SP or patch. If you're done with all that, I'm not sure if there are any bad effects but if you do it I would back up your game to make sure.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Inventor
#4671 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:19 PM
Well that is disappointing, I will have to assume they can't jam together either.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Alchemist
#4672 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 6:31 PM
I have a trick question.

If the bladder is full, does it mean my Sim really needs to pee or he has just peed?

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#4673 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 6:42 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 3rd Aug 2014 at 1:09 AM.
I got the Sandy Shores (Edit: 'Shoals') - or whatever it's called - house and I wanted to delete that outbuilding with the surfboards. Found out I can't delete the wood stilted foundation under it. Tried using the sledgehammer and the foundation tool + Ctrl. Tried putting a foundation over them and deleting that. Flattened the lot in my quest to remove the damn things. Googled but didn't find much. I quit without saving, but wonder if I'm stuck with that surfboard shack.
Lab Assistant
#4674 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I got the Sandy Shores - or whatever it's called - house and I wanted to delete that outbuilding with the surfboards. Found out I can't delete the wood stilted foundation under it. Tried using the sledgehammer and the foundation tool + Ctrl. Tried putting a foundation over them and deleting that. Flattened the lot in my quest to remove the damn things. Googled but didn't find much. I quit without saving, but wonder if I'm stuck with that surfboard shack.

I ended up using that stupid shack as another bathroom. Honestly, if EA's going to make a lot that houses up to 8 sims, the least they could've done was install two bathrooms...
Mad Poster
#4675 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 1:07 AM
One thing I read said you have to bulldoze the site to get rid of the foundation posts - not crazy about that solution as I have renovated and decorated the house. And with my luck I'd bulldoze everything and they'd still be there. Why would they use something that's bugged in a Store lot? Thinking of turning it into a potting shed.
Page 187 of 385