Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#4701 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:03 PM
Chreai, I know that you don't need to "unlock" interactions and definetely don't need to be friends with someone just to read his mind... My vampires can do that all the time with total strangers in clubs, in the street... everywhere!
About your problem, I'm just guessing and maybe I'm dead wrong here, but with all the strange things I've seen in this game, could it be that your vampire can't "read minds" in that particular situation because he is hosting a party (his wife is, but that's probably the same) and the game considers that interaction kinda "rude" when it's been addressed to your guests???

Edit: Just another thought, because you said that he has some of his "powers" during the party. What if he already knows all the stuff that vampires learn about other sims with the "read mind" interaction? Traits, relationship, favourits...
Just guessing again...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#4702 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 4:56 PM
Well, these were acquaintances so he couldn't have known everything about them already. I don't know why they weren't showing up. I read that there is a cooldown period after the interaction is used but I hadn't seen or heard him or my other Sim use it at all in the time that I'd been playing with them. I just got rid of the wish for now. Maybe it was because he was at home having a party. Maybe next time I'll send him somewhere else. After the party, the mom was invited to a party at the Whelohffs' house and I did notice that the interactions showed up there. However, I don't know if it's because my Sim was out of her house or because pretty much everyone at the Whelohff party was a stranger.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#4704 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 1:44 PM
How many Sims can you actually be BFFs with? As soon as I made someone new as a BFF, the existing BFF turns back into regular best friend. Most preexisting relationships in Appaloosa Plains have multiple BFFs however. .

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#4705 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Well, these were acquaintances so he couldn't have known everything about them already. I don't know why they weren't showing up. I read that there is a cooldown period after the interaction is used but I hadn't seen or heard him or my other Sim use it at all in the time that I'd been playing with them. I just got rid of the wish for now. Maybe it was because he was at home having a party. Maybe next time I'll send him somewhere else. After the party, the mom was invited to a party at the Whelohffs' house and I did notice that the interactions showed up there. However, I don't know if it's because my Sim was out of her house or because pretty much everyone at the Whelohff party was a stranger.

Was the party at night? If you don't have any mods altering vampire abilities, I think some things only become available at nighttime.
Field Researcher
#4706 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
How many Sims can you actually be BFFs with? As soon as I made someone new as a BFF, the existing BFF turns back into regular best friend. Most preexisting relationships in Appaloosa Plains have multiple BFFs however. .

Are the existing BFFs Sims or animals? I know a Sim can have a bajillion animal BFFs (those stupid messages are really annoying, plus the music), but I don't think you can have more than one human BFF, which is unrealistic and kind of dumb. It's treated almost like a steady romantic relationship, but of course the whole 'only one romantic partner' thing is unrealistic too. People who cheat on their partners with another partner still call the other one their boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever.

That one I can understand, they probably don't want to offend people, but only one BFF? Geez, it's not like a marriage.
Alchemist
#4707 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 8:50 AM Last edited by nikel23 : 13th Aug 2014 at 9:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kinseth
Are the existing BFFs Sims or animals? I know a Sim can have a bajillion animal BFFs (those stupid messages are really annoying, plus the music), but I don't think you can have more than one human BFF, which is unrealistic and kind of dumb. It's treated almost like a steady romantic relationship, but of course the whole 'only one romantic partner' thing is unrealistic too. People who cheat on their partners with another partner still call the other one their boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever.

That one I can understand, they probably don't want to offend people, but only one BFF? Geez, it's not like a marriage.

Oh, I didn't know those are different. The preexisting BFFs status in Appaloosa Plains are mostly Sims with animals, but I'm pretty sure I've seen some that have multiple human BFFs as well. I agree. It's pretty dumb that we can only have 1 BFF here. Clearly BFF isn't meant to be for everyone, but at least 2-3 people is a logical amount of BFFs!

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#4708 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:16 AM
I just looked at the game code and I can confirm that Sims can only have one BFF status with one other Sim and one pet. The old BFF will have a damaged relationship, will feel insulted the next time you talk to them, and will get "Betrayed" moodlet if they're nearby. Pets won't have damaged relationship however, but will still lose BFF status

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#4710 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:53 AM
What are these interactions: recruit and shakedown? I'm very certain they weren't there before. I just recently installed NRaas Careers mod. Did that mod add these interactions? What are they for?

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#4711 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:52 AM
What are these interactions: recruit and shakedown? I'm very certain they weren't there before. I just recently installed NRaas Careers mod. Did that mod add these interactions? What are they for?

Yes, those interaction came with Careers.
Alchemist
#4712 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
Yes, those interaction came with Careers.

What are those interactions for?

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#4713 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:45 PM
What I have understood, the Library folder holds all the sims and lots I have created and/or downloaded, right? So if I was to delete its content, I would lose all the houses, community lots and sims atc. that are in the family bin and lots bin. Other than that, what are the downside for clearing the folder. And if any, the upside? Would it help to improve lagging and freezing?
Instructor
#4714 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:02 PM
What are those interactions for?

I know with recruit your sim can recruit other sims to whatever job they have. I had a sim that was working in a grocery store and I hit recruit by accident and she recruited her mother.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Inventor
#4715 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:40 PM
if anyone knows a solution to this that would just be great.

Can't you see how he suffers?
Screenshots

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Lab Assistant
#4716 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:17 PM
What? Pigtails while wearing the tux are a fashion statement! Try blacklisting that hair with a configurable mod (I use Nraas). Unless the trouble is the suit; then you can blacklist that too... Now on to my stupid question: what's the maximum size allowed for a single package file inside the Mods folder? Is there an actual limit?
Test Subject
#4717 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:27 PM
Sorry if this is a weird question, but how do I make a post like this one? I have questions about some things... :$
Alchemist
#4718 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamTheSimmer
Sorry if this is a weird question, but how do I make a post like this one? I have questions about some things... :$

You mean thread? Go to The Sims 3 forum, and click the "Post New Thread" button to start a new thread. If you think you have a simple question that you don't think warrants a thread, post it here. Otherwise, just go ahead.

Quote: Originally posted by eman72
I know with recruit your sim can recruit other sims to whatever job they have. I had a sim that was working in a grocery store and I hit recruit by accident and she recruited her mother.

Thanks. I'm still wondering about Shakedown though. I think NRaas site either lacks detailed instructions of the mods, has very complicated manuals to comprehend, or has a very messy navigation because it's very difficult to find out a specific technical information!

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#4719 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 9:45 AM
You mean thread? Go to The Sims 3 forum, and click the "Post New Thread" button to start a new thread. If you think you have a simple question that you don't think warrants a thread, post it here. Otherwise, just go ahead.

Thanks. I'm still wondering about Shakedown though. I think NRaas site either lacks detailed instructions of the mods, has very complicated manuals to comprehend, or has a very messy navigation because it's very difficult to find out a specific technical information!

Oh, sorry I didn't answer the entire question! The shakedown interaction will "shake" household funds from that sim's household, it will cause the relationship to dip dramatically. I did a shakedown on Viva Alto and my sim got $272 from her. Try it sometime.
Alchemist
#4720 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
Oh, sorry I didn't answer the entire question! The shakedown interaction will "shake" household funds from that sim's household, it will cause the relationship to dip dramatically. I did a shakedown on Viva Alto and my sim got $272 from her. Try it sometime.

Oh, okay! Thank you. The odd thing is, the Sims on my screenshots are from the same household. Why would they shake the household funds from their own roommates... But I assume you meant Sims from different households.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#4721 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 8:55 AM
Can you (with cheats or nraas Master Controller) pull an imaginary friend that has yet to be made real into CAS? If you do can you change the way they're dressed so they look like normal sims?
Test Subject
#4722 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:40 AM
I can't install .sim files, it always says that the file is broken/damaged/cannot be found, does anyone have a solution to this? D:
Alchemist
#4723 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellarose14
I can't install .sim files, it always says that the file is broken/damaged/cannot be found, does anyone have a solution to this? D:

You just dump your .sim files to your SavedSims folder in your The Sims 3 folder in My Documents. You don't need to "install" it.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#4724 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 1:41 AM
So, CAW. With EA probably going to (or already have) stopped supplying patches, will the tool become more stable or is making a world still as pleasant and easy as walking on burning coals?
Instructor
#4725 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 2:13 AM
Why is it every time my sims eats toast with jam they get reset ?

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Page 189 of 385