Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#251 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 5:36 AM
MTS Forum Members to Real Life People Dictionary.

Sweet.....................................................................Stupid.
Self-sacrificing........................................................Naive.
Sensitive.................................................................Whiny.
Unselfish................................................................Spineless.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#252 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 5:44 AM
That's kinda sad though, Lance.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Mad Poster
#253 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:50 AM
Lance, that's a pretty strange lens through which you view the world and KJ is right - it's sad, not to mention pessimistic.

It also looks more like the beginning of an argument more than a vent. Are you sure you meant to post it in this thread?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#254 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lance
MTS Forum Members to Real Life People Dictionary.

Sweet.....................................................................Stupid.
Self-sacrificing........................................................Naive.
Sensitive.................................................................Whiny.
Unselfish................................................................Spineless.

Lance, Nevermore Raven is not stupid, naive, whiny, or spineless. She is a very nice, sensitive, and good human being that cares for people. Nevermore Raven, you just need to develop more confidence in yourself. There are people that hate just to hate for no reason, and you are not one of them. You are not a bully, who fits the stupid, naive, whiny, and spineless characteristics that they pretend others are whom they abuse. You have to understand that many people are difficult to deal with, and try to hurt your self-esteem. These people are not truthful. You are a good person.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
#255 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
"Is that bad?"

Being self-sacrificing is very noble, however if you do not have the ability to financially or emotionally assist, and you are perpetually giving, then you must consider why you don't value your own needs as highly as those of the other person. In order to continue to be generous, my feeling is that you must first be generous to yourself, and that means caring for your needs, not depleting your resources beyond what they can afford. Since you say you know that already, just reinforcing that idea, but I think caring for self, and being kind to yourself is equally important as the needs of a stranger.

Just my crummy advice for what its worth. =-)

Its not crummy. Its good. Because you take the time, to be there for someone that was down, and couldn't see anything past the tears that had fogged over their eyes. It wasn't like that, you gave a shoulder to lean on, and an arm to lean into, so someone could feel better, instead of worse. It wasn't crummy advice at all.

It actually made me look at things in a different light, and this I thank you for

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Lance, that's a pretty strange lens through which you view the world and KJ is right - it's sad, not to mention pessimistic.

It also looks more like the beginning of an argument more than a vent. Are you sure you meant to post it in this thread?

Then we go on debating! Booya! Honestly, I guess...He is just one of those people that speaks without thinking, and tends to bring other people down, just to make himself feel better. But we all know that feeling never lasts for long. Its like a high, once you are so far up, there is only one way to go...Down.

Quote: Originally posted by KKiryu007Joker
Lance, Nevermore Raven is not stupid, naive, whiny, or spineless. She is a very nice, sensitive, and good human being that cares for people. Nevermore Raven, you just need to develop more confidence in yourself. There are people that hate just to hate for no reason, and you are not one of them. You are not a bully, who fits the stupid, naive, whiny, and spineless characteristics that they pretend others are whom they abuse. You have to understand that many people are difficult to deal with, and try to hurt your self-esteem. These people are not truthful. You are a good person.

These words, meant a lot to me. You have no clue. Thank you so much, for not only sticking up for me, but helping me see, that I am not any of those things that Lance pinpointed me as. You actually showed that you cared, and is not out to hurt someone. Thank you for seeing that I am nice, sensitive and a good person. Believe me, it means more than I can put into words

*hugs to all of the people that helped me and made me realize that I am a good person*

I got some awesome friends ^.^

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Banned
#256 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KKiryu007Joker
Lance, Nevermore Raven is not stupid, naive, whiny, or spineless. She is a very nice, sensitive, and good human being that cares for people.
Now, I didn't say that. I was trying to guess how people perceive her in real life based on her own description of how people treat her.
The truth is, I don't know her. You don't know her either. Those people, they know her. But again, they may be wrong. She's the only one person in the world who can probably know the truth as to what she is, but even that is not guaranteed - or at least not for a person who has tea with all her late ancestors every tuesday.
Scholar
#257 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:23 PM
They euthanized a cat I liked at the shelter today.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#258 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:28 PM
Lance - That was pretty damn rude in any case. This thread is for venting and a bit of commiseration. This is not the first time you've been rude like this for no good reason. Do not post in this thread again, and know that if you keep this attitude up - even once more - you're not going to like the consequences.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#259 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando
They euthanized a cat I liked at the shelter today.

{{{{{{{{hugs frankokomando}}}}}}}}}

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#260 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:55 PM
The reason, I am like this, is because all I have ever come to know is let downs, after let downs. I do it to myself. I know this! And on top of that, I let the (mind my language) bastards wall all over me! Because I am just this fat loser, that can never stand up for herself, and say no. I don't care anymore, because no matter what I say, I am always freaking perceived wrong, or I perceive things wrong! This is so freaking stupid, I am always having to defend myself! Thanks for calling me out, and thanks for making feel like a worthless piece of shit. I guess that is how my friends and the world perceives me. Now, everyone else knows. . .So much for a Vent thread, its become Nevermore Raven's whiny bitch thread. Because hey, Lance said it all. GO FREAKING ME!

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Instructor
#261 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 8:12 PM
Let it roll off your back Nevermore Raven. Don't let others make you feel bad. They usually aren't worth it. =-)
Top Secret Researcher
#262 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 8:14 PM
Yeah, you're right, SimsLover50. It just sucks when it seems to just attack you repeatedly. I mean where ever I go, I see him, just mocking me, or so it seems. Its like...REALLY?! *le sigh*

Scholar
#263 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
{{{{{{{{hugs frankokomando}}}}}}}}}

Thanks. I was happy I at least got to say goodbye to her before they took her the vet.
Banned
#264 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Lance - That was pretty damn rude in any case. This thread is for venting and a bit of commiseration. This is not the first time you've been rude like this for no good reason. Do not post in this thread again, and know that if you keep this attitude up - even once more - you're not going to like the consequences.
Hi, my name is Lance, and I am a judgamental prick.
Two weeks ago, I got fired... again. This time for telling around how I've seen my boss with whores. That was pure truth, and the boss was so fucking scared it would come to his wife that in his fury he threatened to kill me.
Now I am wondering - I am supposed to be sad over losing my comfortable, well-paid job and returning to my usual bread & water diet, but every time I remember that red, spitting face distorted with hatred and fear, I can't help but laugh.
Being judgamental is not useful for your health and well-being, but it certainly is fun.
Top Secret Researcher
#265 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lance
Hi, my name is Lance, and I am a judgamental prick.
Two weeks ago, I got fired... again. This time for telling around how I've seen my boss with whores. That was pure truth, and the boss was so fucking scared it would come to his wife that in his fury he threatened to kill me.
Now I am wondering - I am supposed to be sad over losing my comfortable, well-paid job and returning to my usual bread & water diet, but every time I remember that red, spitting face distorted with hatred and fear, I can't help but laugh.
Being judgamental is not useful for your health and well-being, but it certainly is fun.

Let me state this first, I'm not here to argue, or nothing. Second, I am sorry that you lost your job. And third, as I have seen, you can be very judgmental around people that you do not even know. People don't anyone on the internet, but what they do know is how they are treated by that said person. They can be the biggest bitch or ass in the world in the world that is actually reality. But on the internet, they could show their true colors, or not so true colors.

Either or, just because you too have had misfortune in your life, doesn't mean you have to spit in everyone's face, when they vent or share an opinion. I remember when I was talking to one of my Asian friends (He is freaking awesome!) but anyway he told me this:

"A wise person, never speaks in the heat of the moment or when upset. For the conversation will only be filled with hate, and sorrow. If the matter of an opinion makes you sick or you find the word, moron, filling your mind. Then your heart is just as what your mind sets. But if you are wise, then you will hold your tongue."

Honestly, I never knew what that meant, until I had someone arguing with me, about something, of course, I KNEW was right. I bit her head off, and told her to shut the F*ck up. But in the end, she was right, and I ended up apologizing.

What I am getting at here, Lance (Believe me, I am NOT lecturing, or trying not too) is that sometimes the way you say things, or the way you come off...It can be a little rude, this doesn't make you judgmental or a prick. Just rude.

I will apologize for my whiny posts, I was upset those few days...And I didn't know where else to go. And I should just waited until the "upset phase" passed, but it didn't, and I didn't want to be alone, or have that feeling of being alone.

Therefore, I'm sorry that you lost your job, and I do hope that you will find a new one.

Mad Poster
#266 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nevermore Raven
What I am getting at here, Lance (Believe me, I am NOT lecturing, or trying not too) is that sometimes the way you say things, or the way you come off...It can be a little rude, this doesn't make you judgmental or a prick. Just rude.

I will apologize for my whiny posts, I was upset those few days...And I didn't know where else to go. And I should just waited until the "upset phase" passed, but it didn't, and I didn't want to be alone, or have that feeling of being alone.

Therefore, I'm sorry that you lost your job, and I do hope that you will find a new one.

I really really agree with this Nevermore, but I don't think you are whiny. Lance, you sounded almost like you want to apologize, and explaining your job situation to me is fine, but then going on to say being judgmental to people is really fun is uh........

Top Secret Researcher
#267 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 8:18 AM
Thank you, KKiry007Joker, it does mean a lot that you and a few other people do not see me as being whiny. So, thank you

Banned
#268 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 9:10 AM
So, you think now I've come here to hate on a teen girl to get myself feel better after having my ass kicked? Cool. I'm rather talented on leaving really good impression, ain't I?

Nevermore, I admit I am prejudiced against you. Which is my problem, not yours, and does not justify my rudeness. I had not in mind to hurt your feelings, so if I did, I am sorry.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#269 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 11:01 AM
Aaaand because Lance apparently doesn't understand what "do not post in this thread again" means, he is now banned, despite his halfassed apology.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#270 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:38 AM
Sometimes, I wish I had the balls to post my asylum challenge on a sims 2 site so maybe it would actually get read.
Instructor
#271 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 1:02 AM
My vent today is hangnails. I hate them. Especially when they are on the difficult hand and I cannot cut them off. They always seem to hurt at night, when I'm in bed and notice one for the first time. Then the last thing I want to do is get up and cut them off.

My second vent is tomorrow I have to work and I so do not want to go... Mondays are the worst sometimes.
Top Secret Researcher
#272 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
My vent today is hangnails. I hate them. Especially when they are on the difficult hand and I cannot cut them off. They always seem to hurt at night, when I'm in bed and notice one for the first time. Then the last thing I want to do is get up and cut them off.

My second vent is tomorrow I have to work and I so do not want to go... Mondays are the worst sometimes.

OUCH! That sucks, I hate hangnails as well. They do suck, and they do hurt. I remember having one, and when my girlfriend held my hand, I thought I was going to cry. They hurt a lot!

My vent is the fact my brother the whole day didn't want to talk too me, and then made me feel like utter shit, when he did talk to me. >.> BUT all is good now. But still it sucks when you are trying to be there for someone, and they just bite your head off, for no apparent reason.

Scholar
#273 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:31 AM
My happy pills are not working and I meet a potential boyfriend tommarow. Nothing says perfect first pre-date like a cramping, bloated, unbalanced, ticking time bomb. And never mind the other thing I have to deal with. -_-()

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#274 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 9:44 PM
It's only the second week of school and I already feel overwhelmed.
Inventor
#275 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando
Sometimes, I wish I had the balls to post my asylum challenge on a sims 2 site so maybe it would actually get read.

Aaw, I wouldn't worry, unless you're using your asylum challenge as a platform for neo-nazi rants or something (just kidding here, in case it didn't come across), I don't think that anyone would mind at all, and it would help you out too. After all, if it's your writing skills or sense of storytelling or something like that which you're worried about, then posting would be a good chance it get some positive feedback and constructive criticism to help you improve your writing through practice. If it's something else you're worried about, well, it's still no big deal, since, after all, you are fairly anonymous here unless you choose to be otherwise, and (if accidentally offending someone is what you're worried about), the people here are fairly forgiving.
Just take the plunge I say (though I do also get what you mean about feeling shy about putting out something, I feel it sometimes too).
Locked thread | Locked by: jhd1189 Reason: Please use the new thread!
Page 11 of 47