Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#101 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 3:58 PM
In Mesh Toolkit, click the 'Auto tools for GEOM' tab, then the 'Auto-create Morph Mesh' tab. Select your mesh where it says 'GEOM base mesh to morph'. You'll need a similar game base mesh and morph meshes - select them where it says 'Reference base mesh' and 'Reference morph'. You can leave the options the way they are. You have to do each morph separately.

When I get time I'll do a tutorial and provide reference meshes that should work with most meshes.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 6:45 AM
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me?

I put in my mesh (a long dress for teens) which came in 2 separate files when i extracted them and currently i cannot see the same thing i see in Milkshape on the CTU preview. It turned out like the original one I started with.

This might be difficult to answer since its a general issue, but if you know of any solutions I would be so grateful. Thanks by the way for the simple tutorial
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#103 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 10:08 AM
Do you mean you can't see your own mesh in CTU instead of the mesh you cloned?

1. In CTU, select a similar clothing
2. Add at least one design in the Designs tab
3. Import your meshes in the Meshes tab (remember to click Commit)
4. Save the package
5. Open the package you just saved. Now you should see your modified mesh.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#104 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 4:57 PM
Okay, thanks . I went to go check in the game and it was there. The issue I was talking about was that in CTU I could only see the original clone in the preview and not my mesh.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 4:19 AM Last edited by SenPain : 8th Mar 2014 at 5:25 AM.
I'm at the very very beginning when we start selecting vertices, and mine won't select? I swear I've checked everything twice and stuff.... I try and select them and they just don't turn red? Can anyone help me?

ETA -
I went to Edit -> Refresh Textures and now I can select some, but not all.
It only lets me get the "front" ones, and anything behind that I can't get, even if I hold down shift and try and select it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#106 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 3:26 PM
In the model tab when you click the 'Select' button, do you have 'Vertex' highlighted under Select Options, and Ignore Backfaces cleared/not checked?

Lab Assistant
#107 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
In the model tab when you click the 'Select' button, do you have 'Vertex' highlighted under Select Options, and Ignore Backfaces cleared/not checked?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well thank you for showing me the obvious! I can't believe I missed that.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#108 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SenPain
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well thank you for showing me the obvious! I can't believe I missed that.

I was stumped by the same thing when I started using Milkshape. :D

Test Subject
#109 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 11:24 PM
Thanks for the time you put into this tutorial it has given me a good basic view of whats needed, I got frustrated trying to find witches clothing for the game so decided to try and make my own, with this tutorial might just be possible to get started Thanks again!!!!!
Test Subject
#110 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:08 AM
Hello, sorry to bother you but I had a question? I used the first part of your tutorial to lengthen afTopShirtTee_crew instead of amTopShirtMuscle and then followed the directions. I was happy to find that it lengthened perfectly! However, for some reason, I keep getting strange... bumps that appear near my test model's breasts. It's even worse because I'm positive I never touched a single vertices up there.

I've tried scrapping the whole thing and doing it over again, but I STILL get the weird bumps!

They look like this:

(Aside: It's afTopShirtTee_crew not afTopShirtTeeLayered_crew; she's just wearing a turtleneck undershirt.)

What am I consistently messing up here? :'(
Test Subject
#111 Old 29th May 2014 at 5:19 PM
So what if I wanted to upload it to tumblr or something?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#112 Old 30th May 2014 at 2:03 AM
@Alymira: Sorry, I didn't see this until now. If that's the shirt I think it is, the EA mesh's bone assignments are messed up and result in those lumps when you use the breast slider.

@unforgettable_me3: Upload what? If you make something using this tutorial you can do whatever you like with it.

Test Subject
#113 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 10:42 AM Last edited by CouchPotatoSims : 13th Jun 2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Adding something
Default Question..
Does it matter if maybe I duplicated the "lod1" 3 times so 1 of them are "lod1" other 2 can reenact the "lod2" and "lod3" files?

EDIT: Sorry if this is confusing. I am a first-timer that can be bothered copying the same edit three times.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#114 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 1:08 PM
Some people do that - using the same mesh for lod1, lod2, and lod3. It works but should be used only for personal use, since it's not the 'proper' way to make a mesh. It uses more computer resources to run the game since the purpose of low poly meshes for lower lods is to made distant objects or sims easier to render.

Test Subject
#115 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 1:38 AM
Hi, I got a question. Is anyone still replying?
Test Subject
#116 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 3:25 AM
I am getting an error - trying to make a pregnancy morph - "ERR: Base group "%'s" has incorrect face count". What does this mean?
Test Subject
#117 Old 28th May 2016 at 1:01 AM
I would love to use the tutorial, expect the first time it wanted me to log in using my face book account (no face book account), after that it keeps going to http://ww1.customsims3.com/ (which is up for sale)
Page 5 of 5