Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 6:03 PM
I actually gave up on the series, a bit too preachy for me. And my hood is still in the developing stages, although I've kicked all females out of the colleges and made jobs EXTREMELY hard for them to get. If a man wants the job even if it's the lowest level, which in my hood, has ten positions, a female is now fired so the man can have her job.

I play rotations, so it won't be a problem for me. If you don't like doing that, though, you could make your household one of the highest ranking ones, ignore the rest, and just truck in handmaids for that family. I'm not sure it will be as much fun, though.

I seriously didn't stress about the book when it came out. I read it as an interesting piece of scifi, not as some type of prediction for the future. Now, with what is going on, it does take on a different air, doesn't it?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 7:53 PM
I'm doing something like this now. Not quite as strict, but I use a couple of mods (Insiminator and the hacked ambulance to turn community lots into hospitals). I have the handmaid get pregnant by the husband and then when she's in the 3rd trimester, I have her go to the hospital (which is actually the Wee Ones Adoption Center for which I redid the interior decor a bit). When the handmaid goes into labor, her baby is adopted to family, and I choose the wife's name. I use the relationship mod to sever the relationship from the handmaid to child and voila... the child belongs to the adoptive parents. Once that's done, she finds her own place and starts the process over. With the insimenator, there's no damage to the husband and wife relationship status since he's never actually cheated on her. The handmaid pretty much has the run of the house, but I concentrate on her, keeping her busy with cleaning, cooking, and gardening since women aren't supposed to read. I use the Book of Talent (I believe that's from MTS) to adjust their skills, and the wife is barred from the husband's office, where the computer and bookshelf are kept so she can't read either. I also have fertility potions (I can't remember where I got those from), and infertility potions for both male and female to make it a bit more interesting. For the mods I mentioned by name, a quick web search on each of them should get you links I wish one of the modders by now had made outfits to fit the storyline. I guess it's a bit of a touchy subject since the women in the book, movie, and series are basically forced, but that's impossible in the sims, and with so many pregnancy and other mods, there's no reason for any of the Sims to be traumatized.
Page 2 of 2