Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 4:45 AM Last edited by Shaenora : 12th Aug 2017 at 3:04 AM.
Default Custom wallpapers on castaway ? Edit : found ! Me=dumb v2
Sorry for the long title o.o and hello again if you've already read me :D

I think it's good to begin with a little question here. I'll post in bugs if necessary. ^^

So I have custom content working fine exept my wallpapers, in fact they do show but with weird writings on it, and if just one person can tell me he/she have working custom wallpapers then I might be looking for a solution but if not, I'll just play with the original ones... errr :/

Thanks for any knowledge ~ :P
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:06 PM
not sure, but following section might be the place for this kind of thread.
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=674

probably wait for a moderator to comment.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:26 PM
Are you playing on a Mac, by any chance?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 4:12 AM Last edited by Shaenora : 10th Aug 2017 at 12:16 AM.
@mdsb759 I thought it was enough to select "stories" in the right corner of the screen when you create a topic, I didn't realise it was posted in a wrong section. I'll ask for move if needed. ^^

@Nysha : nope, I'm on windows 7 and not on a laptop.

For further information : I tried to remove my CC folders one by one (except wallpapers and then tried them one by one) to find if a corrupted file was making this stange glitch,but it didn't changed anything (didn't tried to clear some sort of cache nor to back up though). I tried my wallpapers on different lots and same appens everywhere, all the Castaway ones are working fine though. I tried wallpapers from the step by step "help" wiki, it had the writings too. I have absolutely no problems with any other CC, all my sim customs and objects and even my floors from same sets as my wallpapers are working fine. I use Cep, clean pack installer, no mod nor hack.

So as I said if somebody has custom wallpapers on Castaway showing right I might try other things later, and if not, I'll come to the conclusion that Castaway don't want CC wallpapers and leave it in peace, I'll decorate my walls with posters and such and it'll be fine enough. Don't want to bother anyone more than needed. ^^

Thanks already for replies n.n
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 4:20 AM
Just as an FYI, the OP has figured out the problem and now has wallpaper! Yippee!!
http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=598515

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 3:21 PM
Heh ? What's that got to do with anything ? It's a thread I created before this one to explain I have found out how to show custom content, the one here I'm telling I have a problem getting my wallpapers working properly... I thought my explanations were clear...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaenora
Heh ? What's that got to do with anything ? It's a thread I created before this one to explain I have found out how to show custom content, the one here I'm telling I have a problem getting my wallpapers working properly... I thought my explanations were clear...

Whooops. Sorry. I thought that other thread I saw was saying that you got it all figured out.

I play TS2, not Castaways, so I have no idea what the problem is. It might be best to ask other Castaway players instead of TS2 players.
That said, I do use extracted Castaway wallpapers in my TS2 game without problem. They work just like other wallpapers in the game. Maybe it works differently using TS2 wallpapers in a Castaway game?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
#8 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:02 AM
There was a rush of threads in the community on various sites around 2008-2013 regarding cc issues with castaway but i can't seem to find any solution to the issue though you're not the first to get it, so it's not a random fluke. The writing says something along the lines of wallpaperwscoffer-bump and a big x that covers the length of it correct? To me that seems to point to a missing bump map, but wallpapers shouldn't have that unless the coding for it differs from regular sims 2.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 12:24 AM
@SIMelissa as I said I checked the "story series" (screen 1) when I created this topic so it does belong to this category too (screen 2), I don't know why it appears in the sims 2. ^^

@SingleClawDesigns Yep that's exactly this very problem. I think it's a specific problem to castaway because I was able to sovle it in the sims 2 a few years ago and not now. I'll just leave it in peace, I already have enough working customs to decorate my rooms. ^^

Thanks for all the replies
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 1:09 PM
That was before we got our own forum for the Stories games: https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=674

All Stories posts were then moved to the new forum, and that is logically where new Life/Pets/Castaway Stories posts should be opened.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:00 AM
Ah sorry I saw the sims 2 stories (who didn't seemed to fit at all) but not this one who is not "sims 2" but all sims "stories series" at the bottom of the main forum page. I clicked the sims 2 forum first because my castaway is the sims 2 based version and then I saw the category thing when I created my thread and so on... With no moderator nor the admin telling me I was wrong, I didn't thought it was such a problem not posting in the "uber" right section. But anyway my problem is somehow solved thanks.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaenora
Ah sorry I saw the sims 2 stories (who didn't seemed to fit at all) but not this one who is not "sims 2" but all sims "stories series" at the bottom of the main forum page. I clicked the sims 2 forum first because my castaway is the sims 2 based version and then I saw the category thing when I created my thread and so on... With no moderator nor the admin telling me I was wrong, I didn't thought it was such a problem not posting in the "uber" right section. But anyway my problem is somehow solved thanks.

Can you say how you solved the problem, just in case someone else does a search and needs a solution?

Shipwreck Island
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 10:03 PM Last edited by Shaenora : 12th Aug 2017 at 3:06 AM.
Edit : /!\ Someone suggested me to just drop down my graphics textures option to from high to medium aaaaaand : it works !! \o/

Happy simming ~