Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Simlover7114 : 7th Jan 2015 at 9:29 PM.
Default Pet Legacy Challenge
Alright everyone! I'm to Mod The Sims. So please don't make fun if I'm not the greatest. Cuz then I'd be really sad Well I'm sorry if somebody has already done this challenge. Now lets get onto the challenge!
Back story time!!!!!!
You are a young dog (or cat) who just wants a family. You decide to run from your owner's loving household, for they do not like the idea of pups (or kittens depending on the first choice).
FOR STARTING THE GAME
First you will choose if you'd like to become a dog or cat. Dogs cannot hunt but, they can drink from ponds which, by the time they are done, will fill their hunger bar completely. If you do choose dog though, you must have something to feed the puppies when they are born, because they cannot drink from ponds. Cats can hunt but if you wish to be a dog you should have a cat in the household so that they can hunt for the pups. If you are a CAT you can hunt for the family, end of story. Well then you have to add a Sim to the household. The Sim should have only the bare necessities in a shack on the corner of the lot. Now for the pet house or den/cave. Since most pets would more than likely find a place to stay out of the weather, you could create a cave that leads into a basement where the pups/kittens would live, this cave is not mandatory but it will keep the "fleas" moodlet from popping up. you also should put a pond on the lot if you have a DOG legacy but that is also not mandatory. You must have a pet house in the den if you have one or just by the shack ONLY FOR MATING!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST FOR RUNNING THE PETS

Leave the Sim in the shack for you will not be playing this character. When playing as your dog (or cat) you must find another neighborhood dog (or cat depending on what you play as), and mate with them and you may ONLY use cheats to add them to your household using "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotes. It is necessary to have the mate IN the household! If you are playing as cats, then you have to have each member of your family to have their hunting skill to AT LEAST 4 by the time they are elders. If you're playing a dog legacy you do not have to hunt because you cannot eat what you hunt. When running the pets, you MAY NOT ON ANY CIRCUMSTANCES socialize with the Sim in the shack. Heirs must have at least one of the traits from ONE of the parents so it can have 6 opportunities for traits that haven't been learned on their own, or else you have to have another litter to continue to the next generation. You can use the Sim in the shack to put bad heirs as I call them on for adoption.

SCORING!!!!

+5 for every generation born.
-2 for every pet who interacts with the Sim in the shack.
+2 for each extra pet born into a generation (2 or more baby animals)
+1 for every 10 promised wishes completed.
-10 if the social worker takes the animals, then if you wish to continue (or win) you must adopt another dog (or cat whichever you had before)

Easy (3 generations): lose if you cannot create a correct heir for each generation=2 good heirs. Win! If you get through 3 generations FULLY which means 1st gen has a litter and 2nd gen has a litter and 3rd gen. has no litter or a litter doesn't really matter.
Medium (5 generations): lose if you cannot create the correct heir for each generation for 5 generations=4 good heirs. Win! If you get through ALL 5 generations with gen 1-4 having a litter and possibly 5 if you wish.
Hard (8 generations): lose if you cannot create a correct heir for each gen.=at least 7 good heirs or the Shack Sim dies before the last gen is born. Win! if you can fully get through all 8 generations, Gen. 1-7 having a litter, possibly 8 too.
IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!(12 generations): lose if you cannot create a correct heir for each gen or the Sim dies before the last generation is born. Win! same as the others, if you can get through all the generations before the sim dies.

OPTIONAL RULES:
Notice: I newly added these so if you are just checking after you are working on it already or have completed it don't feel like you missed anything but feel free to add it at any time throughout.
1) Use the roll board every 1-3 days. (roll board at bottom of list)
2) No interacting with any sims unless you have no choice on the matter.
3) No staying in one spot for more than 24 hours
4) No adding new pets to the neighborhood unless there are none you could ever find, then you may add a few but don't abuse this!
5) No being on a lot with a sim and if one enters the lot while you are there you have 1 hour to leave.
Here's the roll board!!!!
1-3 Your pet is sick (you must keep them lying down inside for 12 hours!
4-6 Your pet mate wants another litter! (even if you already have your heir you must have them get the female pregnant again)
7-9 Your pet is agitated (whenever another animal socializes or does anything with your pet they must hiss/growl and fight)
10-11 The food's gone inedible! (all cats must discard all prey it has caught. If using dogs with no cat you must keep the water blocked for 6 hours starting as soon as they all are awake, if they were awake then it must be as soon as this is rolled.
12 Animal Control!!! (Animal control catches your pet out with no sim around and takes it to the shelter, you must either use object-delete or put your heir up for adoption, if you don't have a new heir you must get rid of your heir/founder's mate)
13-16 Rats... (if doing cat legacy put 8 rodent spawners onto the home lot that will stay there until your next roll. If dog legacy with no cat I'm sorry but you get nothing this roll, no rerolling though!)
17 New Friend? (have your sim adopt a new pet, if you have a dog legacy it must be a cat if you have a cat legacy it must be a dog looks like the dogs lucked out, more food!)
18-19 Yum, Free Food! (Have the sim in the shack cook some kind of a dish and grab a plate to put down, drag the plate outside every time and there will be 8 plates I believe. Enjoy the free meals)
20 What are the odds? (There is a grand opening of a new shelter and they are giving out bags of dog and cat food for some reason, you may fill up the bowl today!)

I apologize if this is the same as another challenge out there, I know it probably is because its a "legacy" challenge just for pets... But please do not post anything mean. If you try this challenge upload some pics. I'd love to see how things are going. If you see anything I should change just tell me! Happy Simming!!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 1:36 AM
To everyone who views. Please remember I do not appreciate anything mean being said about my posts and if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'd love to see some pics once you start! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 1:38 PM
Come on guys, I need to know how things are going! We have 32 views and not a single comment
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 3:29 PM
It's only been 12 hours since you posted, and it's not uncommon for challenge posts to go days without a reply. Don't worry, if people are interested in doing this challenge, they'll let you know, just maybe not right away.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
It's only been 12 hours since you posted, and it's not uncommon for challenge posts to go days without a reply. Don't worry, if people are interested in doing this challenge, they'll let you know, just maybe not right away.
Yeah... Sorry so what do you think of the challenge?

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 11:08 PM
Does anybody out there think they might try this challenge? If so I love to hear stories and see pics of what's going on in your pet's legacy.

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 4:50 PM
I'm trying it!
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Does anybody out there think they might try this challenge? If so I love to hear stories and see pics of what's going on in your pet's legacy.

Looks like fun . Only one thing .
Do I have to have to add the Sims? Can I do it with only the pet?
(I wanted to try the emotes btw )
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM
Nvm
Quote: Originally posted by SweetBunnyLove
Looks like fun . Only one thing .
Do I have to have to add the Sims? Can I do it with only the pet?
(I wanted to try the emotes btw )

Nvm
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:18 PM
Just to let you know, I already have a challenge called the "animal madness" challenge like this. But I'm not trying to be mean but I saw this and thought... I don't know but I didn't know that this would happen. And soz I would have put the link down to it if I knew it. But I see that you have a twist added to yours, so do I but, you know, different. I like it and I'm glad it's not TOO similar.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 6:47 AM
Cotty200 - This challenge was posted earlier this year, before you were even a member here. So it was posted before yours.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:21 AM
Oh no woops. I did not see this one. I am sorry for the misunderstanding and am sorry for the accusation of you stealing my work. Oh I feel so bad. I will have to edit my post and give simlover7114 credit.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 2:25 PM
It's quite alright Cotty, I have actually done the same thing before. So don't feel bad, we all make mistakes.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:50 PM
I have one question, if the pets run away from there owners, shouldn't they stay off of the lot? Sorry if I missed something. I can be a little clueless at times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HorseSimmer09
I have one question, if the pets run away from there owners, shouldn't they stay off of the lot? Sorry if I missed something. I can be a little clueless at times.

Yes, they did run away so they stay away most of the time, but sometimes they go back but keep their distance quite a bit.

Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 8:01 PM
I did the 'impossible' legacy.not too hard
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jjamy123
I did the 'impossible' legacy.not too hard

Did you add any extra pets or anything into the neighborhood?

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 1:29 PM
Yes, they did run away so they stay away most of the time, but sometimes they go back but keep their distance quite a bit.

Thank you for answering me, and sorry it took so long for me to respond.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:40 PM
Default horses
Are you allowed to use horses :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauren.simmer
Are you allowed to use horses :D

You are but it is much harder to survive as a cat or dog, adding more of a challenge to it. I suppose you could use horses but I feel as though it would be very simple with them. I hope you like the challenge but if not I'm sorry about that. Good luck to you!

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 11:50 AM
Default i like a good challenge
You are but it is much harder to survive as a cat or dog, adding more of a challenge to it. I suppose you could use horses but I feel as though it would be very simple with them. I hope you like the challenge but if not I'm sorry about that. Good luck to you!

i will try it with horses when i finish the horse i will go on to dog then cat so i can go from easy to hard .
to make it easy and quicker i will do the easy stage i will post feedback and maybe pictures :-D
i might be starting the challenge today :-D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 7:30 PM
i will try it with horses when i finish the horse i will go on to dog then cat so i can go from easy to hard .
to make it easy and quicker i will do the easy stage i will post feedback and maybe pictures :-D
i might be starting the challenge today :-D
Cool! It's good to see that not all of my threads have been left, especially this one. I'm glad you're also trying your options. Please post updates and pics!

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 9:30 PM Last edited by lauren.simmer : 27th Dec 2014 at 10:17 PM.
Cool! It's good to see that not all of my threads have been left, especially this one. I'm glad you're also trying your options. Please post updates and pics!
i am gonna start now cos ive uploaded pets (finally) onto my computer
iv decided to change my mind instead of a horse im gonna start with a cat

i will try my best to get pictures up
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 11:40 PM
i am gonna start now cos ive uploaded pets (finally) onto my computer
iv decided to change my mind instead of a horse im gonna start with a cat

i will try my best to get pictures up

Cool! Can't wait to see it!

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 9:52 AM
Default what word would you reccomend
Cool! Can't wait to see it!
i will post an update tonght !
any way what world would you recomend ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 1:55 PM
i will post an update tonght !
any way what world would you recomend ?

I recommend Appaloosa Plains (I believe that's what it's called), the one that comes with pets, as it has plenty of animals and such. Well, that is if you were wanting a fairly easy challenge. The hardest world that I have for me would probably be Bridgeport. So just go with the difficulty you want of the challenge!

Page 1 of 2