Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:22 AM
Default Where to find a Pink Diamond Gem in Twinbrook
Can anyone tell me, where can I find a pink gem in Twinbrook. If there is no location, please tell me if I can spawn it(if yes, please include a name of the spawner).

Thank you!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:21 AM
To be a cheating cheater:
  • Bring up the cheat console (ctrl+shift+c)
  • Type testingcheatsenabled true
  • Press enter
  • Type buydebug on
  • Press enter
  • Go into Buy Mode -> Sort by Function tab
  • Click the ? button in the bottom right
  • Click the 4th tab (Rock/Gem/Metal Spawner)
  • Select the Gem Spawner-Epic object (2nd row, 6th object)
  • Put it on the ground wherever you want (can be put on your home lot for easy cheating)
  • For extra credit, experiment with all the other spawning all kinds of other cheaty money making objects

Warning: This has never borked my game, but it could bork yours. Please use responsibility and never cheat and drive.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:56 PM
Use a drill (lvl 7 inventing needed IIRC). I keep finding pink diamonds all teh time.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by des-demmonia
Use a drill (lvl 7 inventing needed IIRC). I keep finding pink diamonds all teh time.

Bingo, same here as well as soulpeace gems and that palladium stuff.

- D.a.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:26 PM
or download the treasure box mod http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=383093 , it have all gems and metals
or drill(need 7 inventing and takes some time)
or just look around the city(very long)
you can use the buydebug spawner, but it takes long time until it actually appears. (Not instantly appear)
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 10:54 PM
The problem I am having with drilling for gems is that the ones you find that way don't seem to count towards the collecting challenges. I have several pink diamonds but haven't been able to unlock the heart cut.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 11:07 PM Last edited by GiveTheNineARide : 17th Jun 2010 at 4:16 PM.
There are two spawners in Twinbrooks that can produce Pink Diamonds. One is behind the Diner and the other is next to the road leading to the Amphitheater.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:57 AM
What do you have to do to invent the miner? I understand that you need to be at a certain level of inventing, but is there anything else? Like a certain amount of scraps or something?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:07 AM
You have to "Invent" using the table (I dunno it's name in english, but you know what I mean). When your sim is lvl 7 inventor he will invent (means: build for the first time) a drill. I'm not sure how many scraps it needs. 50? *scratches*
All my inventors built drill as a first invention after getting to lvl 7 of inventing. With my newest (and lovest) sim I got 15 pink diamonds already (and almost 200 other gems - including the rarest from WA).
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:12 AM
You have to "Invent" using the table (I dunno it's name in english, but you know what I mean). When your sim is lvl 7 inventor he will invent (means: build for the first time) a drill. I'm not sure how many scraps it needs. 50? *scratches*
All my inventors built drill as a first invention after getting to lvl 7 of inventing. With my newest (and lovest) sim I got 15 pink diamonds already (and almost 200 other gems - including the rarest from WA).

Thanks. I hope it's not a problem with my game because my sim is at level 8 and still hasn't invented it yet and she has 200+ scraps. I just got a Sim Bot that came with a pretty high inventing skill level (around 6 or so), so I'll try with her instead.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 1:24 PM

Where are you guys drilling? And for how long? I've had my inventor drill at home and both junkyards, and all he gets are silver, gold, and some common and uncommon gems (quartz, tanzanite, luminorious) -- no pink diamonds yet. I know I've been able to pick them up around town because he got two before somehow (unless he found them in France -- he did some collecting there, too). But after scouring the town using the collection helper at least twice, he hasn't been able to find another.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 2:05 PM
I think it's all luck of the draw. I drilled up a pink diamond after tons of not so good gems & metals, and my "martial arts" Simbot got two by breaking space rocks, both in the same day! Or maybe needing them for building a Simbot might be a factor, once I got that opportunity, I started finding them a lot more easily. I have 3 in my inventory right now, wish I could send you one.

I did pick one up from the ground once too, I am sorry that I can't remember where, maybe by the Darer house? (there were a whole bunch of gems there one time)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 2:56 PM
Thanks for the tips! My inventor has to build one more Simbot to fulfill his Lifetime Wish, and he has a time limit (I'm doing a challenge), so I'm anxious to find one.

I forgot about the space rocks, and I would love to see a 'bot doing martial arts. That has to be amusing. Time to send the fam to China!
Inventor
#14 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 3:34 PM
I spotted one in the consignment store when my sim was looking for stuff one day.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Eminence Grise
#15 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:34 PM
The order in which you invent things is largely random... after you've reached the required level, of course. As is the chance of finding a pink diamond through drilling or any other means. Your chances of finding a pink diamond on your thirtieth hole are exactly the same as your chances of finding one on your first. It's interesting how reluctant people are to accept this, and how quickly they start searching for explanations other than luck when they get frustrated, though

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:47 PM
I have no problem accepting randomness...I just didn't realize it was random. Spawners are predictable in what they spawn, just not when they spawn it. I thought maybe drilling was similar, and that maybe location (junkyard vs. home) might have something to do with it. But if it's all just random, I'll keep doing what I've been doing and hope to get lucky.
Scholar
#17 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 10:52 AM
Just build more miners and get the whole family to drill. That's what I did and I found it pretty quickly. Heh!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Just build more miners and get the whole family to drill. That's what I did and I found it pretty quickly. Heh!

It's funny, I had my inventor drilling for a long time and he had the most crap luck finding anything of value (he does have about 10 gnomes now though!). Then I stuck his wife on the drill and she came up with tons of rare gems very quickly. To finish the challenges, I just had her wander around town and pick up everything, then go to France and pick up everything. That completed the metal and gem challenges rather quickly (I'm sure it would be more difficult without WA)
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LVRugger
The problem I am having with drilling for gems is that the ones you find that way don't seem to count towards the collecting challenges. I have several pink diamonds but haven't been able to unlock the heart cut.

You have to dig up 10 different kinds of gems to unlock the Heart Shape Cut on your mailbox. Took me awhile to find 10 different kinds gems but I'm sure it will be easy.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Outsmoken
You have to dig up 10 different kinds of gems to unlock the Heart Shape Cut on your mailbox. Took me awhile to find 10 different kinds gems but I'm sure it will be easy.

LOL I thought it was the amount of gems you sent to get cut, I was going broke sending everything out for cutting cause I thought I was getting 'heart shape' exp...unreal.

Also, I dont know what affects this but my sims wife has INCREDIBLE luck (but does not have the trait). I sent them both deathfishing, the second the water changes she is pulling out deathfish after deathfish (she pulled out 9 in one night!!). She's not an angler, she started fishing after he did so.../shrug
Field Researcher
#21 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Outsmoken

I have dug up all kinds of gems in other games and never got the heart shaped. I was told else where here, that there is a glitch that makes you have to go hunt for gems. Digging gems up would not count for getting the heart cut. Did it get fixed with the patch?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:33 PM
Pink Diamond may appear at random location. If you use LTR Collection Helper it might help a bit. Just mark the places that you have found the Pinkys and try to go there once every few days after you have collected. As you may know, it might spawn a new one or just spawn a normal gems. I always marked where I found the Pinkys.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 12:19 AM
have you tried breaking a space rock? You can do that if you have a high martial arts skill, and it produces a whole lot of ifferent rare gems, like tiberium, pink diamonds, fluorite etc.
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mspacapan
Can anyone tell me, where can I find a pink gem in Twinbrook. If there is no location, please tell me if I can spawn it(if yes, please include a name of the spawner).

Thank you!

Use the drill and go to the graveyard (Twinbrook) and drill around. That's how I found mine. Hope I helped.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 6:44 PM
Yes, but they posted their question 2 and a half years ago, so you're a bit late. Where were you when they needed you?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Locked thread