Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 11:07 AM Last edited by Al_Alchemist : 27th Nov 2010 at 2:21 AM. Reason: Don't delete UI! D:
Default Tutorial: Extending Maximum/Minimum CAS Sliders for Thin/Heavy Blend, Muscle Blend, Muscle Definition Blend, and Breast Size Blend
Introduction
I'm posting this because I recently saw quite a bit of comments on Drakah's CAS Sliders mod (he hasn't been on for a long time last time I checked) asking for him to update it for Late Night, as the previous versions are outdated. He details in his mod how to make it for yourself and with a couple of fixes I dumbed it down and made it so you can make it for only modding Thin/Heavy, Muscle, Muscle Definition, and Breast Size Blend Sliders. I thought more people should know about this since it seems there already isn't a tutorial on it. I made this pretty much as dumbed down as I can get it, so please tell me if there are any mistakes, typos, confusion, etc.. thanks . Um this is for beginners I suppose too :D.

Notes: I use this with Awesome Mod so this should work fine with any mods that don't alter the CASBasics file in the UI.package I think, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Programs you'll need: S3PE (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=362412)
Notepad

Steps:

1. Make a new folder anywhere and name it anything just remember where and what it is. Let's call it the folder you made for the purpose of these steps .

2. Go to Computer -> (C: ) -> Program Files (x86) -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 -> Game -> Bin -> UI

(or whatever the actual link is to for your computer, just NOT through your Documents Folder)

3. Select and Copy the UI.package file, then paste it into the folder you made. DO NOT RENAME ANYTHING OR DELETE ANYTHING. VERY IMPORTANT DO NOT EVER DELETE UI.package.

4. Select the copied UI.package file and open it with s3pe.

5. Look for the file named "CASBasics" (click on the name column for easier navigating), right click on it then choose Export -> file.... and send it to the folder you made. AGAIN DO NOT RENAME ANYTHING.

6. Open the "S3_025C95B6_00000000_97DB9E9DDA2D2671_CASBasics%%+LAYO" LAYOUT File (or whatever it's called) with Notepad.

7. Look for these lines in order to change min/max values, I'll break this up into sections for each slider:
Thin/Heavy Slider

-Look for:
"<prop name="Comment" propid="Comment" type="string" value="Thin/Heavy Blend" />"

-Then scroll down a tiny bit until you find:
"<prop name="MinValue" propid="0xeec1e002" type="int32" value="0" />"
<prop name="MaxValue" propid="0xeec1e003" type="int32" value="256" />"

-Change them to:
"<prop name="MinValue" propid="0xeec1e002" type="int32" value="-256" />"
<prop name="MaxValue" propid="0xeec1e003" type="int32" value="512" />"

-The other sliders are pretty much exactly the same except the value name, where you find it, and how much of the value number you want to change. The numbers are doubled on values for both the minimum/maximum extremes, but you can decide how far you want to go. I'm not exactly sure how much the game can handle, so yeah. I'm going to list the other ones just because.

*Muscle Slider

-Look for:
"<prop name="Comment" propid="Comment" type="string" value="Muscle Blend" />"

"<prop name="MinValue" propid="0xeec1e002" type="int32" value="0" />

-Change them to:
"<prop name="MinValue" propid="0xeec1e002" type="int32" value="-256" />

*Breast Size Slider

-Look for:
"<prop name="Comment" propid="Comment" type="string" value="Breast Size Blend" />"

"<prop name="MinValue" propid="0xeec1e002" type="int32" value="-256" />

-Change them to:
"<prop name="MinValue" propid="0xeec1e002" type="int32" value="-512" />

*Muscle Definition Slider

-Look for:
"<prop name="Comment" propid="Comment" type="string" value="Muscle Definition" />"

-Change them to:

8. Save your changes to the LAYOUT File and do not rename anything yada yada :D.

9. Open up S3PE again, look at top left, click File -> New, now click Resource -> Import -> From File... and choose the LAYOUT File you just edited. Just press OK if the Resource Details window pops up.

10. Right click on the file on S3PE that appeared, choose Export -> To Package... and name it CASBasics. Now put that in your Mods -> Packages Folder. I use the new Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 -> Mods -> Packages framework, but I'm pretty sure it will work with the old framework if your other mods do.

11. I'm not sure if you need to, but I did just to make sure, clear all caches in your Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 Folder.

12. After that everything should be fine and your sliders should be extended. If not, make sure to recheck over any steps to see if you did everything right, if still not post here I suppose and we can try to help? :D

Hope this helped!

Edit: I made the corrections and it works fine in my game, hopefully this should be correct for the most part now. Please post if there are any other mistakes I missed or stuff thanks :D!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 12:15 PM
DO NOT DELETE UI.PACKAGE FILES

Doing so will prevent you from patching, and may break your game! Use S3PE to import the LAYO file into a new package file, and place that package file in Mods/Packages. The new file will override that part of the UI.package file, but will not cause patching errors. If you do delete your UI.package files, you will have to completely reinstall unless you can restore them from the recycle bin.

Al_Alchemist, please fix this tutorial.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 12:25 PM
And if you replace the CASbasics layout file in UI.package as in the tutorial and use that in Mods/Packages as your mod, it'll conflict with every other UI tuning mod. There's no need to have anything in your mod package except the one layout you've changed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 12:25 PM Last edited by Al_Alchemist : 27th Nov 2010 at 3:01 AM. Reason: Changes made and I added package file to post
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
DO NOT DELETE UI.PACKAGE FILES

Doing so will prevent you from patching, and may break your game! Use S3PE to import the LAYO file into a new package file, and place that package file in Mods/Packages. The new file will override that part of the UI.package file, but will not cause patching errors. If you do delete your UI.package files, you will have to completely reinstall unless you can restore them from the recycle bin.

Al_Alchemist, please fix this tutorial.
OOF! That's what I get for writing a tutorial at 1am. I'm really sorry about that mistake D: I'll fix it right away! I'm extremely sorry for this mistake.

Edit: K I made the changes and tutorial should be fine now. I made a personally customized final product for my game, where I only changed two sliders (ignoring thin/heavy and muscle definition, because I didn't really care to much about those ones) and added it to this post.

I only wanted to change the Maximum extreme (doubled) of the Muscle Blend Slider, and the Minimum and Maximum (doubled both) of the Breast Size Slider. so I only changed three lines in the LAYOUT File to these:

(under muscle blend string)
"<prop name="MaxValue" propid="0xeec1e003" type="int32" value="512" />"

(under breast size string)
"<prop name="MinValue" propid="0xeec1e002" type="int32" value="-512" />

Edit2: Also what type of modding is this called, sorry lol I'm really new at this. Thanks :D.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CASBasics.rar (13.2 KB, 135 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 11:01 PM
I am very new to modding, and I appreciate this tutorial very much! But I'm afraid I've been unable to successfully download and use s3pe. If you don't mind, would you post the complete mod? I feel like such a newb...
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:13 PM
i second Ambs offer