Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Download Organiser - v1.2.6365 updated 6th June 2017

by Tashiketh Posted 11th Apr 2007 at 3:54 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2020 at 4:57 PM by Tashiketh : Updated bbcode for headers

1661 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1565 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 62 of 67
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1526 Old 30th May 2012 at 10:43 PM
I dont know who you are Delphy, but you are a LEGEND!!!
Forum Resident
#1527 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 2:14 PM
true
Quote: Originally posted by JCSpencer
I'd say it's an issue. It's one of the main things I was interested in with DDO. It's a feature that apparently doesn't even really work. Also I have to say that, after trying in vain to find some sort of online tutorial for this program, I discovered there appears to be absolutely zilch in official guides (and a lot of dead-end threads on MTS2 forums with people asking for help that never got a reply).

My Google searches *did* find many people referring to the orphan glitch, so I came back here to re-read the OP (as it was about 2 years since I last downloaded it).

I have several other Sims 2 utilities and programs, but DDO is the only one that features an orphan scanner. So I guess my question is: What good is an orphan scan if we can't really trust it in the first place?

EDIT: BTW, in case anyone is wondering, I figured out the orphan scan part. After selecting "Scan For Orphans" from the Database menu up top (and after it finishes scanning), you then have to check the Show Orphans box at the very bottom. It *should* now be displaying only those files tagged as orphans. Good luck figuring out what to do next. I'm afraid to delete anything because now I'm not sure if they are all really orphans or not, and it would be a painstaking process to check every single one of them. In retrospect, I'd say the Download Organizer is only good if you are already an organizing freak and have everything sorted in subfolders. From the looks of it, you would really need to have everything sorted by creator name at a minimum. This doesn't really help you organize your downloads unless they are already basically organized, since there's no easy way to determine what is what, and thus to try and figure out what recolors *might* be missing a mesh.

Most sorry to creator for great effort given. Was great project with high hopes. There is no way to avoid careful work to sort and delete cc. This program offers more damage than good with Orphan. So sorry.
Test Subject
#1528 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:05 AM
What would a skintone overlay be classified as in this program? Would it still be under "Skintone" even if it's changed all of the maxis' skintones to it's horrible overlay? (Ex: Bella Goth, Jan Tellerman, Goopy GilsCarbo, etc) all have changed to this ugly overlay.

Please help, I need to find this ugly skin overlay so I can delete it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1529 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 6:10 PM
I think I love you...
THANK YOU SO MUCH! My Downloads folder contains approx. a gazillion downloads (a gazillion being a hanban term for just under 20,000) and it's so difficult working out what '4a9707bda99375f37229bd42647acab3' actually is!
Absolutely brilliant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1530 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 8:36 AM
thanks i like it
Test Subject
#1531 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 12:16 AM
I do have the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer, and I just downloaded the DDO, but it won't open for me. Can these two programs exist together?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1532 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 12:12 AM
OMFG!! This is awesome!!! Just spent 2 hours reorganising my downloads folder which I hate to say was a complete disaster
You have made my life so much easier

Thank you thank you thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1533 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 6:27 AM
This will really help me because I have tons of CC I need to organize. Thanks you so much! ^_^
Field Researcher
#1534 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dulcetpurr
OMG Delphy. OMG. ACK. Thank you. Thank you so much. I ...*hangs head* I have a downloading addiction...and it's really getting out of control. Over 18,000 files now, all just hanging there in my downloads folder.

This will help me so much. Thank you so much, to you and everyone who's taken the time to make this.

And also, I could use someone to make lunch for me. :-D SQUEE!

Lol haha this cracked me up
Yeah me too.Too many files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1535 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 11:40 PM
This sounds like a great program,by some chance is there something like this for Sims 3?
I do have all of Sims 2 but I don't have them installed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1536 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 11:53 PM
Delphy, you rock! Oh to have a brain like yours; we're all morons compared to you. Thanks for you hard work!
Test Subject
#1537 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 12:01 AM
Default Yes, there's help for all your custom content!
Quote: Originally posted by Darklighter70
This sounds like a great program,by some chance is there something like this for Sims 3?
I do have all of Sims 2 but I don't have them installed.

Yeah, I have the Sims3Pack Multi Installer, which converts Sims3Pack files to Package files. (Allows you to bypass installing via the frustrating launcher.) And there's Delphy's Dashboard Package Cleaner. This program checks your package files for corrupt files, files that conflict with one another, duplicates, empty package files, and Sims 2 files.

I love, love, love these programs. They make dealing with custom content a breeze!

There's also a program (Not one of Delphy's...I think) that lets you compress your many, many custom content files into packages. It makes your game run as fast as it would if you didn't have any custom content at all. Here's the URL with more info:

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=478.0
Test Subject
#1538 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 7:14 PM
Mirabellarose, thank you , I have Dashboard and its great, I'll look at the other mods , there is one called CCMagic that helps with CC as well. here is the link for it

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1539 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 5:57 PM
Hi. I dont know if I'm plain stupid, but... I downloaded new files today, and after that bodyshop went crazy. So I downloaded this tool to help me find them again and remove them. And I found them och deleted them, from the download organiser, and they seem to be gone from my downloads folder. BUT they still show up in the game, and my body shop is still crazy. What did I do wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1540 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 10:57 PM
This is probably the single most useful program that I have, right beside Photoshop, Bodyshop and Sim PE. Thank you so much for this program!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1541 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 11:01 PM
Thank you so much.!
Test Subject
#1542 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mirabellarose
Delphy, you rock! Oh to have a brain like yours; we're all morons compared to you. Thanks for you hard work!

Yeah, I think Delphy is a great genius, as great as the game creators themselves.I also love this site more than anything else. But I posted a message on 4th Nov 2009 11:19 PM but nobody answered me till now.
"Hi, Thanks very much for this wonderful program, I just love it!
Sorry to bother you, but I'd like to know two things: what to do when DDO doesn't show any object category in catalog placement for downloaded objects, can I add one? or change the actual one when it shows a different place I don't agree with? Any help I do appreciate, Thanks again."
Delphy, although I'm sure you are a very, very busy man, could please give me an answer for that?I have this problem all the time.I have Windows 7 Home premium 64bits. I do appreciate all your help.One thousand thanks in advance. Please, answer me any time you can, please!!!! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#1543 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 8:34 PM
This has been very helpful to me; however, every time I open the program to organize my downloads folder, I see some things that alarm me. (1) It shows that green bar in the bottom left corner that says it's "scanning X of Y files, but (2) X + Y > the number of downloads it claims to have found on its initial, installation scan, even though I have not added any new downloads, (3) when it's finished, it says "Scan finished, Z packages removed as they no longer exist," and when I open my game, after seeing that message some of my content is missing!!!!!! Where did it go!? Why is this program deleting my content!? How do I make it stop? I really like the idea of being able to organize my folder, but if I can't keep reinstalling my backup downloads if it keeps deleting things!!

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1544 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 8:40 PM
You are a life saver, I'm a terrible organiser, but this has seriously helped me! Finally have everything in its own folder and I no longer have to search through millions of files to find what I'm looking for!
Inventor
#1545 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 9:57 PM
Has anyone figured out why this isn't working on Win7 64-bit? The tool doesn't even launch. It crashes immediately after launching the exe-file.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1546 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:03 AM
This is amazing! Now I can find the bad defaults my sister downloaded and replace them! Thank you!

(Just a question, though... what is an empty package? Does it have no information inside of it, and doesn't show up in game?)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1547 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 9:36 PM
I have been play sims since it came out and yet have only just discovered this program and the make collections one....why oh why didn't I find them years ago. Thank-you so much for keeping my 15,000 downloads in order AT LAST !!! X
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1548 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 5:52 PM
Absolutely love it! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1549 Old 15th May 2013 at 6:47 PM Last edited by Chrissy17 : 15th May 2013 at 6:49 PM. Reason: Typo and additional information added
Hi, Delphy! I absolutely LOVE your download organizer, but I have a question. Some of my custom content, it is in my download folder, does not show up in the download organizer. Does this mean the file does not work? I am not a technofile, much as I wish I was, so any help would be awesome! Thanks again for the AMAZING organizer!

PS - I would love to know as my game is crashing, and I have a feeling some broken files may be causing this. I deleted a lot of packages that would not show up in the organizer, and that seems to have stopped everything, but after downloading new content, the game crashes. Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1550 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 9:31 PM
it says " couldn't load language file.... exiting" help! >
Page 62 of 67