Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#576 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 6:47 PM
Sharing with you few interior pics from the manor where my sims live for generations...

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#578 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:12 PM
Oh my..I discovered Architecture today. M&G came out in what..2009? For the first time today, I decided to use some pieces from it I never cared about before. I also used a style I rarely use all of it, besides mansard roof pieces, and colors..that I never used before either, from that same M&G. This is the first Lot I built on this new custom map of mine. An Apartment one. (only one unit, on 3 storey)
Welcome to Apart6!

I decided to use a fence that...guess what? I never used before. But then..something was missing. Posts up in the air with nothing on top?...And no roof would place there, and awnings are all too low.
This is on a 1X1 lot. First time building on a 1X1 lot as well for me, today. And then came the amazingness....I am so happy.
This will be packaged to a file, and used as many times as I need apartment lots (A total of 8, in the apartment district) on that little map of mine.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#579 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:56 AM
That's a very pretty house - you should upload that (as long as there have been no sims living in it).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#580 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 2:32 AM
No sims yet, be sure of this, as I wanted to package it to a file first anyway.
See how I used the cement-sidewalk floor tile as a fake awning? (fake? not anymore!) Well I have better now. I created floor tiles that matches the M&G deco pieces perfectly. (3 colors, as there are 3 different presets for those) Presets are named dm1, dm2 and dm3. Not my choice, EA did.

I only furnished Apart6. Since there are 3 presets for the pieces I used, I made 2 more houses, but didn't furnished them.(Apart7 & Apart8)
After all, I just wanted to be sure Sims would have room for everything. They do! But no back yard...This is whatchoo get by choosing to reside in a quite City-like district.

I have a total of 4 pictures for each Floors, and 4 picture for just the bathroom...hard to show when small.
If I decide to upload it, I'll show them all for sure.
It has not been play-tested yet, not even turned into an apartment.
If only I could fit it so the fence around the build IS at last Lot tile...as it is now, I am not even sure a sim can use the garden plots..lol
So when everything is perfect according to me, I'll think about uploading it.
@maxon told me about Grid adjuster? Maybe it can do this.

Mad Poster
#581 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 1:12 PM
Inspired by ongoing contest I stealed foundation for round two and built on it my next boxhouse. It took awfully long time because I am not a builder at all.
So here is my attempt from 3 sides.
It is not occupied yet, waiting for creation that sporty guy.

Mad Poster
#582 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:36 AM Last edited by HarVee : 1st May 2017 at 6:26 AM.
The cement tile always is useful when building as it works exceptionally well as filler floor. Not sure I could ever build anything without using it. Make-over time:

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#583 Old 2nd May 2017 at 4:48 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 2nd May 2017 at 8:00 PM.
I'm not much for building myself, I'm much more interested in the interior part of lots. So when I need something new, I often look at lots here and try and find a shell that fits what I'm going for and then re-do the insides. Most recently I needed a bar for one of my Sims to run as business, and I found Fisk's Bar by @Zarathustra that had a nice ambiance and already resembled a lot of what I was going for. I figured Zara might like to see what people do with his lots, so I decided to post photos here.

I generally don't like multi-story lots for businesses, so I've emptied out the second floor and left it as an empty shell (mainly to make it cheaper to buy). I'll pretend there's businesses of some sort up there, and that my Sim only owns the bottom floor. I wanted more room in the bar area, so made the entire downstairs one room, and built an extension in to the yard to fit in the bathroom and an office for the owner. I kept the aesthetic Zara had, because it's quite nice, but made the bar bigger, added poker tables and a stereo for dancing, and buffet tables so people could get some food without being forced to have the host podium.

All in all I think it came out rather nice, and definitely very different from anything I could have built myself from scratch. That's the great thing about using someone else's lot as base, challenges you to use a different style than you might have used yourself. I liked Zara's aesthetic and general idea, but wanted it a little less trashy, so I kept it but switched things around and tidied up just enough to suit what I wanted. Hopefully he doesn't mind what I did with the place

EDIT: Did some final decorating. All CC though so not very Zara-y

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#584 Old 2nd May 2017 at 9:55 PM
I love that lot @gummilutt. It remind me of bar from American television show "Cheers".

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#585 Old 3rd May 2017 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I love that lot @gummilutt. It remind me of bar from American television show "Cheers".

Something you could never have said about it the way I first designed it! I think it's interesting how there aren't all that many changes from my design, and yet somehow it's gone from a place you'd be as likely to get shot as to get a decent drink, to a place you might go for friday night drinks with coworkers, or to watch the big game!

And I'm always happy to see how people are using and re-imagining my creations, that's part of why I post them in the first place! That includes CC- I don't use it, but I'm curious as to how other people who do use it find ways of working it into my lots!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#586 Old 3rd May 2017 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I think it's interesting how there aren't all that many changes from my design, and yet somehow it's gone from a place you'd be as likely to get shot as to get a decent drink, to a place you might go for friday night drinks with coworkers, or to watch the big game!

That was the general idea Less murder-y and more loud, rowdy but friendly bar. The will-be owner is the police chief of my hood, would have been weird to have him own such a back alley watch your back joint Yours is perfect if I had been aiming for a secretly-working-with-mafia kind of thing, but I'll leave that to some other simmer out there

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#587 Old 3rd May 2017 at 9:39 AM
I was staring at that bar thinking, gee that reminds me of Frisk's. because it is, tweaked. I downlaoded that and did some tweaking myself, upstairs now has strip poker since it's my seedy poor neighbourhood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#588 Old 8th May 2017 at 8:41 PM
Jo made me post this here she said I had to start sharing my 20s hood as I build it..

This is just the outside. I promise more pics are coming

Mad Poster
#589 Old 9th May 2017 at 8:09 PM
On a lot that (when flattened) created a cliff above the outside terrain, I added rock in terrain view, AND in the lot, and like the results..You can see where the lot is by the grid

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#590 Old 11th May 2017 at 8:38 PM
ok Different house. These are all for my 1920s hood

I forgot to have ceiling tiles showing in picture "bangs head"

Instructor
#591 Old 11th May 2017 at 10:19 PM
So I have been in-active for a while now. But I am back!
And to celebrate that I did build a fairy tale cottage for my god witch Glinda.

I am so happy with the result!
Instructor
#592 Old 12th May 2017 at 9:15 AM Last edited by emmyjulia : 18th May 2017 at 12:16 PM.
Default Fairy tale cottage
God I can't help myself. Changed the fence and put some more gardening on the lot.
Who doesn't love flowers and more flowers! :lovestruc

And an overview picture of the lot.
Mad Poster
#593 Old 12th May 2017 at 12:02 PM
It is SO pretty.

Instructor
#594 Old 12th May 2017 at 12:21 PM
@Rosebine Ah thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#595 Old 15th May 2017 at 10:56 PM

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#596 Old 18th May 2017 at 1:30 PM
It's done! I am finally done!
It took me three days to finish my camping site. Or my remake on SimplyRuthless Camp Plumbob.
I am so happy with the result and I think my sims would love it here.

The camping ground has a main building were your sims can hang out away from the sun and just relax.
The smaller building includes toilets and shower room. There is a lot of activities, why not try trowing an ax!?

Or why not have a barbecue? Or maybe go sauna? Fish a little in the lake? Damn.. Henry need to work on his fishing skills.
Scholar
#597 Old 18th May 2017 at 2:50 PM
I would go to your campingsite emmyjulia. I say: time well spent!
Instructor
#598 Old 19th May 2017 at 11:08 AM
@Mrmo Thank you so much! :lovestruc
Scholar
#599 Old 24th May 2017 at 12:05 AM
A kind of different student’s home.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#600 Old 24th May 2017 at 4:40 AM
That is impressive Voeille.

Page 24 of 39