Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:07 PM
When I add a CC the slider in CAS disappears
I've been playing Sims 4 for awhile and recently I just decided to add some custom content in the game. However when I try to add one, for example a CC for eyes, when I open CAS the eye color options/sliders disappears. Anyone know why this is happening and have any idea how to fix it?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 3:29 AM
Sliders are tricky. Script mods are tricky. Custom content needs to be updated all the time with every patch. Are you familiar with Sims 4 Studio? Are you uploading defaults that are conflicting with something? It is hard to tell without a lot of information.

1. Make sure your mods are enabled in the game.
2. Run your mods through Sims4Studio for batch fixes. Sims 4 Studio is a user-friendly program that can help you manage custom content. You must register, but you really cannot play the game without using it (I think).
3. Make sure you are not installing a bunch of defaults for the same things. It is helpful to note which game packs/expansion/stuff packs you need to have the content show up. This goes for anything, not just eyes (although basegame stuff should be fine, some combinations of mods just cannot co-exist it seems)
4. If all else fails, remove your mods and add them one at a time, noting what shows and what does not. You may have something outdated/conflicting that simply won't be fixed with s4s.

5. I hope this is helpful. You can also upload shots of your mods folder so we can see what we're working with.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Sliders are tricky. Script mods are tricky. Custom content needs to be updated all the time with every patch. Are you familiar with Sims 4 Studio? Are you uploading defaults that are conflicting with something? It is hard to tell without a lot of information.

1. Make sure your mods are enabled in the game.
2. Run your mods through Sims4Studio for batch fixes. Sims 4 Studio is a user-friendly program that can help you manage custom content. You must register, but you really cannot play the game without using it (I think).
3. Make sure you are not installing a bunch of defaults for the same things. It is helpful to note which game packs/expansion/stuff packs you need to have the content show up. This goes for anything, not just eyes (although basegame stuff should be fine, some combinations of mods just cannot co-exist it seems)
4. If all else fails, remove your mods and add them one at a time, noting what shows and what does not. You may have something outdated/conflicting that simply won't be fixed with s4s.

5. I hope this is helpful. You can also upload shots of your mods folder so we can see what we're working with.

Sims 4 Studio is where you make custom contents right or am I assuming wrong?
I've noticed that all of the CCs and mods i've placed do not work does it have to do with my game version? do I need to have the latest version of the game to make it work? I haven't updated it for awhile after installing Get to Work & Spa day expansions.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jjling_sims
Sims 4 Studio is where you make custom contents right or am I assuming wrong?
I've noticed that all of the CCs and mods i've placed do not work does it have to do with my game version? do I need to have the latest version of the game to make it work? I haven't updated it for awhile after installing Get to Work & Spa day expansions.

Sims 4 Studio is a program that allows you to do many things - but for basic users you install it, and let it "show" your mods folder. You can then browse your custom content and delete, update, change. If you recolor or create content, it is also a program that will allow you to do that. You can also recategorize plants that show up as clutter, or fancy dresses that are categorized as swimwear.

Go to sims4studio.com, register and download the appropriate version (for mac or windows). After extracting and installing, when you open it, at the top left corner (I am assuming it is the same look for pc and mac, but please be aware that I am using a pc, so my description is for pc users if there is a difference) there is a "tools".
Go to batch fixes. Run every batch fix you can find, for your game packs.

1. It is important to run batch fixes for your content, even when you do not purchase new packs. Why? because EA updates games with bug fixes, patches in new game content, and expands your game's capability (so to speak) for when you do add the expansion packs (cats & dogs, for example) - these fixes on EA's side can often make your content unusable or look horrific.

2. You will find sometimes that game content doesn't look as great in the game anymore. I have had to cull a lot of paintings and mirrors that had odd shadows. - and batch fixes, while amazing, are not 100 percent perfect so S4studio can help you hopefully either fix, or delete the content.

3. Once you do run batch fixes, there will be backups of the original (unfixed) package files in your documents folder under Sims4Studio/batch fixes. You can safely delete these backup files (I do, because I don't want to bog my laptop down, and because I have external drive backups of everything).

4. Make sure you read the descriptions carefully of the content you are downloading. Some script mods are left unzipped, and just dropped into your mods folder. Some mods require meshes, or certain game packs (and even when you do have the game packs, sometimes content just will not show - I have had this with TSR downloads occasionally, and I can see them in the folder!!) Most script mods should not be buried in subfolders within subfolders, etc. It can be very frustrating when you are excited about some cool stuff, and then you have to go back and read the instructions because you were too hasty to understand them (yep, i have done it myself, so i do not judge).

5. Cats & Dogs broke a lot of mods (and that is even if you don't have the pack, because EA updated the game for everyone). You can check out Simsvip regularly for game mod updates when there is a patchageddon. It will help save you frustration.

TL:DR - update your mods. learn the basics of sims 4 studio. you will spend less time in the corner crying.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Sims 4 Studio is a program that allows you to do many things - but for basic users you install it, and let it "show" your mods folder. You can then browse your custom content and delete, update, change. If you recolor or create content, it is also a program that will allow you to do that. You can also recategorize plants that show up as clutter, or fancy dresses that are categorized as swimwear.

Go to sims4studio.com, register and download the appropriate version (for mac or windows). After extracting and installing, when you open it, at the top left corner (I am assuming it is the same look for pc and mac, but please be aware that I am using a pc, so my description is for pc users if there is a difference) there is a "tools".
Go to batch fixes. Run every batch fix you can find, for your game packs.

1. It is important to run batch fixes for your content, even when you do not purchase new packs. Why? because EA updates games with bug fixes, patches in new game content, and expands your game's capability (so to speak) for when you do add the expansion packs (cats & dogs, for example) - these fixes on EA's side can often make your content unusable or look horrific.

2. You will find sometimes that game content doesn't look as great in the game anymore. I have had to cull a lot of paintings and mirrors that had odd shadows. - and batch fixes, while amazing, are not 100 percent perfect so S4studio can help you hopefully either fix, or delete the content.

3. Once you do run batch fixes, there will be backups of the original (unfixed) package files in your documents folder under Sims4Studio/batch fixes. You can safely delete these backup files (I do, because I don't want to bog my laptop down, and because I have external drive backups of everything).

4. Make sure you read the descriptions carefully of the content you are downloading. Some script mods are left unzipped, and just dropped into your mods folder. Some mods require meshes, or certain game packs (and even when you do have the game packs, sometimes content just will not show - I have had this with TSR downloads occasionally, and I can see them in the folder!!) Most script mods should not be buried in subfolders within subfolders, etc. It can be very frustrating when you are excited about some cool stuff, and then you have to go back and read the instructions because you were too hasty to understand them (yep, i have done it myself, so i do not judge).

5. Cats & Dogs broke a lot of mods (and that is even if you don't have the pack, because EA updated the game for everyone). You can check out Simsvip regularly for game mod updates when there is a patchageddon. It will help save you frustration.

TL:DR - update your mods. learn the basics of sims 4 studio. you will spend less time in the corner crying.

Thanks i will keep in mind what you said and try using sims 4 studio. Hopefully it fixes the problem.