Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Texture+Unitool v1.9.3569 r131 (Updated 9th October 2009 - Now works on OS X and Linux!)

by CTU Team Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:07 PM by Nysha

790 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 729 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 32
Test Subject
#176 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 10:18 AM Last edited by Mermaid Bellamy : 28th Aug 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Delphy,, I so am grateful to you for your work! I use almost all your tools from their most occurrence)))))

sorry if I copy someone's question,but I can't find the answer((
when I add new design (copy from base) and when I want to see the 3D prewiew of anything, it isn't work..
the text of error: (1) error X1507: filed to open the source file:D:/ ... / BodyShaper.fx
what I should do?
All the rest works fine)) the .fx file is in CТU's folder.. I have 2.0 fnd 3.5 frameworks and SlimDX march 2009 CTU version 1.9.3523
Test Subject
#177 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 10:53 AM
Delphy..great work this program is very good but I have a little problem >.<

When I want open same files .packages (CASpart) or I save my work the program crashes and appears this error message:

http://i26.tinypic.com/2nsvvio.jpg

I use v1.9.3525 version and I have .net framework 2.0 sp2 and directx runtime installed

What is my problem? >.<

Thank you for your attention...regards

° I don't create sims on demand °

* I'm Sorry *

My YearBook :)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#178 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 12:45 PM
@..:BlueSky:..@, please make sure your decimal place seperator is set to "." and not ",".

Mermaid Bellamy, 3523 is an older version. Download the newer version and it should work ok.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#179 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 12:05 AM
Delphy, I downloaded but the error is the same((
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#180 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 7:52 PM
I have a bug where changing the bumpmap on a mesh results in the mesh developing a hairline neck gap that is barely visible in CAS if you know to look for it, but the most glaring symptom is that the sim's head may implode in their thumbnail.

Steps to reproduce:
Open the DelphyTool, select A/F/Body, "swimsuit_plunge", extract meshes.
Tab over the "Meshes", change mesh name, reload the extracted LODs, and altered bumpmap. Push commit.
Tab over to "Designs", add new blank, commit
Save
Load in game
Equip sim. Zoom in real close to look at the neck gap. Note how this gap is not present in the original unmodified EAxian version. Something seems to have happened to it.

Also, OtherBug:
Open an existing item.
Tab over to Meshes, change mesh name, reload LODs and bumpmap, Commit, Save: Save now fails due to claims that the file is in use, even though Unlocker says it is not. Apparently, it is opening the file in the process of attempting to save the file, thus blocking its own save. If the file is deleted before the attempt to save, the program will complain the file no longer exists, instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#181 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 8:44 PM
Mermaid Bellamy: The file *is* in the rar file. Maybe you aren't extracting it correctly?

Test Subject
#182 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:37 AM
Hey Delphy, thanks a ton for this tool. Any problems I've had with it are dwarfed by how much fun I've had getting custom content working.

I'm trying to add a custom pattern created by the Pattern Packager and getting this EOF error:

Reproduction steps:

- Open CTU - Select Adult, Male, Body
- Hit Designs, Add New Blank
- Hit Patterns, Browse, Import Custom
- Select one of the pattern files I've attached below
- Select the pattern thumb and hit Ok. Exception occurs.

The pattern displays fine in PP and loads perfectly in game.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  xhva_patterns_ctu_bug.zip (104.9 KB, 5 downloads)
Description: Two sample patterns that cause an EOF exception when loaded in CTU 1.9.3525
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#183 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:16 AM
xhva, thanks for the report and the file. That is fixed here, so it'll be in the next version.

Pescado, thanks for the report. Thats is fixed here and will be in the next version.

Banned
#184 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:06 PM
The program donnot work on my PC. It just showed "Cas part editor has stopped working...windows will try to solve the problem" and stopped the program... What can I do?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#185 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:11 PM
MLVC: Well, thats about as helpful as a chocolate fireplace. Did you make sure you downloaded both rars, as per the instructions? Did you make sure to get both the .NET framework and the DirectX, as per instructions? Sounds like you didn't, to me, but hey, I can't really diagnose anything with just a "The program donnot work on my PC". I left my crystal ball at home.

Test Subject
#186 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:00 AM
Delphy,I'm not a fracking idiot :S

thanks for the reply
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 4:12 AM
Don't run on my computer. Went back to v1.7.3495.37382.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#188 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZippyZX3
Don't run on my computer. Went back to v1.7.3495.37382.

why not?

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#189 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 1:47 PM
ZippyZX3: You probably didn't follow and install the Installation Pre-requisites. Maybe you thought they where optional? (Hint: They aren't).

Mermaid Bellamy: Do faces work ok? Ie makeup. What about hair? Becuase I can't see anything wrong with your setup.

Scholar
#190 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
ZippyZX3: You probably didn't follow and install the Installation Pre-requisites. Maybe you thought they where optional? (Hint: They aren't).

Mermaid Bellamy: Do faces work ok? Ie makeup. What about hair? Becuase I can't see anything wrong with your setup.

Delphy that was one of the things I was talking about, before I made a total moron of myself over the thumbs debacle. Sometimes the 3D view just says "3D view not initialised", yet it is. Though for me, once I start to add files to it, it showes up. It didn't happen in the previous version.
Test Subject
#191 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 5:29 PM
Delphy,no(( body,face and hair shaders failed to open.. it's a pity :'<
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#192 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 5:53 PM
fluttereyes: You mean the message shows up even with a mesh loaded? Can you screenshot it?

Mermaid Bellamy: Can you screenshot the error message and attach the renderWindow.log file please? Thanks.

Test Subject
#193 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 9:30 PM
Delphy)))) I haven't do anything,but it works!!!! I have just turned my computer on.. I don't know why it's so! And I'm so happy!!!
Thanks you for all you're doing!))))) And thanks for your attention
The 3D prewiew is magnificent I have been very waited for it
Scholar
#194 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 9:39 PM
Delphy. How it happens with me is, I extract the meshes, I close CTU. I go do whatever to the meshes. I then go back to CTU to bring them back in. Now when I do that I don't get a 3D view unless I extract the meshes again. I told you about this. Basically I keep a folder called dump and I extract the meshes again then just empty that folder. It's the only way I get it to work. Truth is, if I don't shut it down it's fine. In saying that, if I extract something tonight and it takes me till tomorrow night to do the work, then I have to close it. This is no biggy, I only mentioned it again as MB was having a similar problem.

Yes, it does show once I load meshes, but I get nothing till I extract first. Could be my own fault because I have to close it
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#195 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 11:27 PM
fluttereyes: The reason the 3d view doesn't update is becuase the meshes aren't actually added to the package until you save it. So the only way to get the meshes to show up would be to close it and re-open the same package. Additionally, the 3d view isn't shown until you Add a Design. If all you are doing is finding a mesh and extracting it, then it wont show (and, in fact, would just slow things down since at that point there are no textures)

Mother Function
retired moderator
#196 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 6:15 AM
Quick Questions

1. What exactly does "Copy All From Base" do?
2. Can you import a bump map without adding a custom mesh to a design?

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#197 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 8:08 AM
Copy all from Base copies all of the original designs from the original CAS part in the game. So if you use it on, say, afTopShirtTee_crew you'll get all 7 designs showing up.

You can't import a bump map without the custom mesh option, no. This is on our list of things to fix.

Test Subject
#198 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 1:21 PM
do i have to download the cas parts thingy
Mother Function
retired moderator
#199 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leon4burock
do i have to download the cas parts thingy

Yes, you must download both rars and then extract the contents into the same place.

Lab Assistant
#200 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 4:51 PM
I don't know what happen, but every times I choose to Add New Design in the Design Tab for every categories, I got error message. I'm using Windows 7, and all the CTU version I've tried (until 1.8) works well in this OS. Is there anything I've missed?
Page 8 of 32