Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Texture+Unitool v1.9.3569 r131 (Updated 9th October 2009 - Now works on OS X and Linux!)

by CTU Team Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:07 PM by Nysha

790 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 729 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 32
Scholar
#201 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
fluttereyes: The reason the 3d view doesn't update is becuase the meshes aren't actually added to the package until you save it. So the only way to get the meshes to show up would be to close it and re-open the same package. Additionally, the 3d view isn't shown until you Add a Design. If all you are doing is finding a mesh and extracting it, then it wont show (and, in fact, would just slow things down since at that point there are no textures)

Ok, as long as I know that's the normal operation of the tool, at least I'm not doing anything wrong
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#202 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 6:12 PM
RacSas, sounds to me like the 3d view isn't working properly (since 1.8 introduced this). Have you made sure to follow the installation prerequisites including the DirectX update?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 7:31 PM
No, I mean the CTU 1.8 with it's 3d view still work perfectly in Windows 7. But when I tried the CTU 1.9, that problems came up. I can only add new design for (none) type categories (face,scalp), and the 3d view also work for this type. The other type is always resulting error message right after I choose add new design. I'm not sure about DirectX update, I try to updated it. I'll report back later. Thanks Delphy.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#204 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 11:21 PM
RacSas: You haven't actually said what the problem is, nor provided any error messages or logs.

Test Subject
#205 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 12:06 AM
Delphy,

When attempting to load any of RogueSquadron's meshes or "enabler" files in 1.9xx, I recieve an unhandled exception and the following string:

System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt32()
at MadScience.Wrappers.RcolHeader.loadFromStream(Stream input)
at MadScience.Wrappers.RcolHeader.Load(Stream input)
at MadScience.Wrappers.VPXYFile.loadFromStream(Stream input)
at MadScience.Wrappers.VPXYFile..ctor(Stream input)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.showMeshDetails()
at CASPartEditor.Form1.cmbMeshName_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.setComboBoxes(String casPartName)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.displayCasPartFile()
at CASPartEditor.Form1.loadFile(String filename)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.loadToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I extracted the mesh files using postal and attempted to load them with the textures I wanted to reassign and encountered other problems (bump map errors, fat/fit sliders not operable).

TIA for your response.

Fionn
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#206 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 8:49 AM
Fion: That error will be fixed in the next version.

Lab Assistant
#207 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:04 AM
Sorry about that. Okay, I've updated the DirectX, but the problem still there. I can't add new design except for (none) Type categories.

It said Parameter is not valid

Test Subject
#208 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 11:15 AM
Delphy,HELP
When I replace my texture on the original texture gives this error!

[/QUOTE]
Test Subject
#209 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 9:38 PM
I haven't touched any files or anything. I downloaded the Mac version, and the casparts one, but I can't open the application. It trys to extract it but it won't work for me.

That's why you never see it coming. That's why you never see the lies behind those eyes...
Test Subject
#210 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 3:59 PM
3D Preview doesn't work.
It gets a lot of Java Exception errors.
Scholar
#211 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 1:05 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 6th Sep 2009 at 1:37 AM.
Delphy, I just did a face retexture for an elder female. I got the face out and did my thing, now when I go back in and do add design, I don't have a place to import it back in. Can we not do that with this tool? I was basically adding more realistic wrinkles and ageing.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#212 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 9:12 AM
Kranidos, You cant just open the application. You have to use Mono to open it.

AsakuraStar, Did you read and follw the installation prerequisites?

fluttereyes, Do you mean face overlay or... what? Skintones aren't usually done using CTU as you can only default replace them.

Scholar
#213 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Kranidos, You cant just open the application. You have to use Mono to open it.

AsakuraStar, Did you read and follw the installation prerequisites?

fluttereyes, Do you mean face overlay or... what? Skintones aren't usually done using CTU as you can only default replace them.

Delphy. I changed the lines on the af face for elders and yes I wouldn't mind if it was a default replacement. I'm a makeup artist to trade and the ageing makeup is pretty dire for sims, I did one that makes them look old for real. What do I use to do it then? s3pe?
Test Subject
#214 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:50 PM
Hey where do I save this to? Plus there is 3 files which 2 do I download or do I have to download all three of them? Please someone reply because I really want to try making custom patterns. Thanks for making this and I will be using this often.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#215 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:57 PM Last edited by daluved1 : 8th Sep 2009 at 11:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BNZ1
I really want to try making custom patterns.

If you want to make patterns, you have the wrong tool :D

You need the Pattern Packager found here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=342998

---------

Anyways if you still want this tool, what files you download depends on what operating system you're using:

If you're using Windows then you"ll want to get the CasTextureUnitool.rar AND the CasParts.rar. (Be sure to extract those into the same place/folder)

If you have OS X/Linux then you'll want the CasTextureUnitoolNo3D.rar AND the CasParts.rar as well. Then like the above, make sure to extract them into the same place

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#216 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:53 AM
thanks for this, looks cool and can't wait to use it.

There is one problem though, when I open it and go to Find A CAS Part, I select All ages, Unisex, and Top. Then below Instance ID it says No specific meshes could be found using this particular filter. If you want YA stuff, try under Adult instead. When I go to adult the message does not change. It also will not allow me to use the mesh drop down or write in Mesh name and Instance ID.

I am probably missing something obivious, but I am new to this and if you could help I would appericate it.

Thanks,
Sly
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 3:16 AM
It is loading now. I've upgraded my video card and tried it again. Was using an ATI 4670HD and went to a GeForce 9800GT. My Sims are much happier since the vid up too.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#218 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 8:12 AM
SlyWilliam: Try Adult -> Female -> Top. The dropdowns work based on which categories the *game* has the items in, so selecting All Ages only lists items that are in-game as "All Ages" - it doesn't list *everything*, if that makes sense.

Test Subject
#219 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 8:40 PM
You my friend, ARE MAGIC.

Thanks for the help,
Sly
Test Subject
#220 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 1:00 AM
Okay I neeed help. I don't know why, but whenever I try to open CTU it won't open. It says something like Casparteditor has stopped working. The same thing happens when I try to open DABOOBS.
Advice?
Mother Function
retired moderator
#221 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 1:15 AM
Do you have DirectX 9 and .NET Framework 2.0 installed?

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#222 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 3:13 PM
I met a problem: I could't make alpha channel work for accessories, those parts mean to be transparent always show as black both in CAS and game

Could anyone please help? Great thanks.
Test Subject
#223 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 8:58 PM
I have .NET Framework 3.5 or whatever it is installed. Or atleast, i just installed it.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#224 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 4:54 PM
Just so everybody knows there should be another release of this in a few days. We haven't forgotten about it!

Mad Poster
#225 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 2:45 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 15th Sep 2009 at 1:32 AM.
Er, a strange thing happened to me when making a new outfit for my previously-uploaded 'Postal Dude' sim. I had made a couple of other outfits for other sims using a new (altered TS3) mesh I'd created with no problems using the version 1.8 CTU, but when I made this outfit with that same mesh using the current 1.9 CTU, it disturbingly came out with Postal Dude's head detached slightly from his body. I went back and created the same outfit in 1.8, and it came out fine. See pic - the result with 1.8 is on the left and the result with 1.9 is on the right:

??? Spooky!
Page 9 of 32