Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:20 PM
The new layout looks good! I like the parade street with the parks. Having houses along the canal will give it a more dense atmosphere, but the view certainly would be better with a sidewalk only
Advertisement
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
The new layout looks good! I like the parade street with the parks. Having houses along the canal will give it a more dense atmosphere, but the view certainly would be better with a sidewalk only

Yes that's it ... I have to give this some thought, but I think I might go for a promenade along the canal and move the houses to the other side of the canal.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 7:14 AM
What type of neighbourhood is it? If it's an upscale, representative area, they will sure have a promenade withouth houses blocking their view.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:01 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 20th Jul 2018 at 11:16 AM.
What type of neighbourhood is it? If it's an upscale, representative area, they will sure have a promenade withouth houses blocking their view.

I haven't quite decided on that either, yesterday I had a leg stuck in the testhouse I made for Angkor Wat. This morning I'm in upscale house territory.

I have to think about the shops along the Paradestreet as well. My original thought was some kind of asian market stores selling turist stuff, and I can't really see how upscale modern is going to look, but I don't have to decide on that now.

As a lovely looking paradestreet to the middle island, it's probably going to look better with a clean wall along the canal, so I think I go for the promenade instead.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:28 PM
OOH, an update! I am glad to see you are working on this. Looks good!
Theorist
#31 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:20 PM
While it's too early to have it's own personality or theme yet, there is the beginnings of something really really nice here. Well done Volvenom.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
OOH, an update! I am glad to see you are working on this. Looks good!

Thank you, I might be fiddling too much with planning and redoing things, but I tend get stuck in a cul-de-sack, and can't get out. I have to start doing something.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
While it's too early to have it's own personality or theme yet, there is the beginnings of something really really nice here. Well done Volvenom.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 5:57 AM
You are back building in TS3! I love the idea of a promenade.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#35 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 5:18 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 12th Sep 2018 at 5:28 PM.
I keep working a bit from time to time. Today I finished the walls around the palace island, and put in one of the Chinese bridges. I have also put in a road to connect rich houses by the canal beside the palace.

I'm working in the area of the red circle at the moment

Any ideas or suggestions?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#36 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:01 AM
Looks good!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 5:19 PM
Looks good!

Thank you :lovestruc ... and thanks for hanging out with me

I have been thinking about a tropical island or mainland theme and have tested Brntwaffles perfect day mod with IP water. I don't know is this tropical? If I put in some palms and tropical trees and colorful flowers, can this work? See the pictures below in the attachment list.

This is a place in the Shacks area by the big bridge. I was thinking a big or smaller lots to shape a favella area like the one's in Brasil.

I'm working on the layout for the beachside, but I'm not liking this for a reason.

I'm not quite liking this layout, so I have started on the mountainsides instead.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:09 AM
Beautiful photos! This is Sims so nothing has to make sense. If you want to mix things, go ahead and just have fun with it.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#39 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:25 PM
I have been working today and have planted some trees and bushes by the coast. I also made some terrainpaints. The pictures has been taken at different times of the day and with different cloudiness. I'm using plants and colors as from Cambodia I hope.

I'm thinking palm trees alongside the roads in the center? Would that be natural?

What do you think?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 7:45 AM
Love the second photo! Beautiful colors of the walls and bridges. And the rocks and trees look good. Can you scale down that terrain paint? What is it supposed to be? Rocks with branches/debris?

I am really looking forward to seeing a canal house!

This is looking good!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 1:11 PM
Love the second photo! Beautiful colors of the walls and bridges. And the rocks and trees look good. Can you scale down that terrain paint? What is it supposed to be? Rocks with branches/debris?

I am really looking forward to seeing a canal house!

This is looking good!

How do you scale down a terrain paint? I originally made it for this molo, but I think I should go for stones instead. A paint will look fake whatever I do.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#42 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 1:24 PM
Yes, there might seem like very little progression

I'm thinking about the middle palace and has been going through faces. At the moment I'm wondering about a redo of the stavechurch I made some time ago here

If I make it a square, like 4 of them, it will have the spires as in Angkor Wat, but still be made without any CC. I think I might make that work. I might make it in a stone look, but I feel like dark wood. It will look a lot like the house I made earlier, and the style will be something like the original. I can then have some modern houses in between, in their own hoods or just alone with old houses.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#43 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 7:59 AM
It has been years since I did it, but I rescaled the EA dirt one. I may have sized down the whole image and then copied and pasted the small ones into the right size for the new one? I also then changed the color and saturation. Did ground and street ones for my Greek world to make all blend together as closely as I could. In the town center I wanted it to look all like stone and not that there were roads, but wanted/needed roads so did that.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#44 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 8:23 AM
It has been years since I did it, but I rescaled the EA dirt one. I may have sized down the whole image and then copied and pasted the small ones into the right size for the new one? I also then changed the color and saturation. Did ground and street ones for my Greek world to make all blend together as closely as I could. In the town center I wanted it to look all like stone and not that there were roads, but wanted/needed roads so did that.

Yes, downscaling and multiply was one of the options I was thinking about. I was also wondering about making a bigger texture, because it seems to work like that, but it will be heavier, so probably not.

I'm recoloring all of the textures I use, not always that much. Just so they work together.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 6:03 AM
I would try the downscaling first as that is a steep slope and I think the smaller will look less like it is stretched down it. The coloration looks good. I think once the scale is adjusted it will look great.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:01 AM
Your canal decorations look great! The lighting looks acceptable to me (beautiful in any case). I never was in Cambodia or that region of the world. But as you don't want to do a representation of the "real" area it should be fine. The many bridges look lovely! That main road looks a bit L.A. to me though. But I think you just haven't fiddled with the road and sidewalk textures so that might change. Also for the sake of performance maybe not add that many streetlights? But again, it's such an early stage so just my thoughts when looking at the pictures.

I agree with daisylee that the rocky terrain paint can be improved. In general I find it difficult to add photorealistic terrain paints to a sims world, also it's dominant colours are white-ish and blue-ish which is not to be found anywhere else. So after downscaling, maybe change the hue to a more grey/brown-ish tone?
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#47 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 9:19 PM
I would try the downscaling first as that is a steep slope and I think the smaller will look less like it is stretched down it. The coloration looks good. I think once the scale is adjusted it will look great.

It looks like it tiles nicely, so perhaps I'll try downscaling it.

Your canal decorations look great! The lighting looks acceptable to me (beautiful in any case). I never was in Cambodia or that region of the world. But as you don't want to do a representation of the "real" area it should be fine. The many bridges look lovely! That main road looks a bit L.A. to me though. But I think you just haven't fiddled with the road and sidewalk textures so that might change. Also for the sake of performance maybe not add that many streetlights? But again, it's such an early stage so just my thoughts when looking at the pictures.

I agree with daisylee that the rocky terrain paint can be improved. In general I find it difficult to add photorealistic terrain paints to a sims world, also it's dominant colours are white-ish and blue-ish which is not to be found anywhere else. So after downscaling, maybe change the hue to a more grey/brown-ish tone?

Thank you

LA bit is interesting, perhaps I should do something about that. I can reduce the amount of streetlights. Do I really have to lay the entire road network all over when I used the default road? I can't seem to change that, the way I changed the added cobbleroad I made. Perhaps I can change it in s3pe, but then it might be easier to just do it over again.

I'm not sure I'm that early stagewise. It's just I'm working on the hole canvas at once. It seems to me like people work dots at a time. I will then be ready to build the hole world at once.

I just ditched the hole terrain at the moment. It's a bit too blue, but I'm not sure big stones will ever look good in such steep terrain, . I think I will do the molo in regular stones and then have a smaller stone texture I found on the inside with poles for boats.
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 5:57 PM
hey, how is the world ? are people still working on it? would love to play it!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#49 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by antoninko
hey, how is the world ? are people still working on it? would love to play it!

This s a wip, it's not finished and will not be in a very long time. I'm glad you like it though :p
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#50 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 12:02 AM
I'm just plopping the palettes here.

Screenshots
Page 2 of 3