Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AnyGameStarter v. 2.1.3 (for CD/DVD games) * UPD 29 Dec 2017

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 28th Dec 2017 at 11:28 PM by Numenor

516 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 473 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 20 of 21
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#476 Old 28th May 2015 at 10:10 PM
Essential to any sims 2 game, but sadly it not work with Ultimate Collection.
Lab Assistant
#477 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 10:44 AM
error prompt
"The Sims 2 Deluxe
You are running the wrong version of The Sims 2. Please run
The Sims? 2 Double Deluxe instead."
the file name with a question mark......
Scholar
#478 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 9:46 AM
Default I cannot access my full game
Trying the reset to access my full game did not work, I tried it three times.
Canceling the AGS installer (Standard) and Restarting the Computer did nothing, clicking on the Sims 2 Apartment Life Icon would set off the disk but it terminated the task when normally it would switch from the Desktop to bring up the EA Games logo.
I also cannot find the "AGSinstaller_Log.txt" it is not on my computer's desktop and does not appear under the search function.

I hope that this issue can be resolved, or else I could just transfer all the data into an Anygame and make it a Permanent game.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AppFiles.rar (474.3 KB, 11 downloads)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#479 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 3:41 AM
I started using it recently and it really works perfectly for theme hoods !
I wanted to say thanks, even if you don't log to MTS anymore. We'll miss you.
Test Subject
#480 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:01 PM
Can you please update this for Ultimate Collection?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#481 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 1:00 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#482 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:58 PM
Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It Ruined My Game It Says Im Running The Wrong Version What The H!?!?!?!?!?!?
Test Subject
#483 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chris091104
Can you please update this for Ultimate Collection?

It's been a long time since numenor last logged in
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#484 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 3:12 PM
The only way The Sims 2 will run on my computer (Win10) is through the ultimate collection, would absolutely LOVE it if someone would update this program :D. I'd like to play a legacy up to NL only. Although I can deal with adding mods to take care of nuisances for me for now. Please update though!!! :-) Let me edit to leave a thanks and not only a request and also add that this program is great! I've used it in the past for one reason or another, was very useful.
Instructor
#485 Old 30th May 2016 at 2:11 AM
I love this program, and I use it all the time. However, it would be cool if someone could make it use the "Angel & Nurses" unofficial EP from Back Alley Sims ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Scholar
#486 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 7:26 AM
Unfortunately this is complicated and I don't recommend it, it actually messes with your system path files redirects your personal Documents elsewhere which messes up other software.

If you want to change it run any game it's easy done manually by simply changing 1 value in the registry, for a 64bit OS just go to,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2

Then go to the string 'EPsInstalled' and change this to whatever EPs your system thinks you have installed.

Example: If you only want to run the Base Game, University, and NL, just change it to

Code:
Sims2EP1.exe,Sims2EP2.exe

Then run the latest EP at the time which would of only been EP2, so you would run, Sims2EP2.exe.

Leave string blank for the Base Game only, and simply just run, Sims2.exe

You get the picture, this is how simple this really is.
Top Secret Researcher
#487 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 4:08 PM
Okay, I seem to have figured out a very easy way to get this to work with 64-bit Windows 10. Simply choose 'Advanced User - Select Directory' upon installation of the game and any packs, and then remove the (x86) from the path. This worked for me as it installed everything into the correct programs directory.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
#488 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 3:00 PM
If the AGS installer won't do anything to the Full Game and the PermaGames then how do I delete any existing PermaGames (Permanent games)?

I recently encountered a problem with the AnyGameStarter where I had created a Permanent Game, but then deleted the Main Sims 2 folder (which had the FullGame ID) because I had to reset the neighborhood and start from scratch. This then caused the PermaGame 1 to become unplayable and to give an error message about the missing FullGame ID.

I then resorted manually deleting the AnyPermaGames folder because I could not find the option to remove the Permanent Games in the AnyGameSttarter.

I haven't played the Sims 2 for a number of years so once again this is all new to me. I have all Sims 2 Expansion Packs, Glamour Life Stuff, Family Fun Stuff and Mansion & Garden Stuff. I am running the game on Windows 10 Professional (64-bit).
Mad Poster
#489 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 12:38 AM
I just installed, and noticed pathways are changed, AND I can't open my C-drive! I get the pop up "autorun.exe wants to make changes to your computer" and when I click YES it still doesn't open. I have windows 7

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#490 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 1:54 PM

PEEK-A-BOO!

There's something boiling in the pot....
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#491 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 10:07 PM
Attention ULTIMATE COLLECTION users:
a special version of the AnyGameStarter (v. 2.2.0-UC) has been posted
in a separate thread.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#492 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:33 PM
I seem not to be the only one getting the "wrong version" message. I've installed it up to AL, and I put my CD in, and I keep getting the "Wrong version, please run Mansions & Gardens Stuff instead" kind of message. Quite frustrating--any solves?

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#493 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:34 PM
NEW ANYGAMESTARTER VERSION 2.1.2 AVAILABLE!

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION
  • FEATURE: The AGS installer now correctly manages both 32bit and 64bit game installations (while previously the installer could run under a 64bit Windows, but couldn't create a working Registry file in such environment).
  • The useless online check for updates has been removed; the AGS now does not require any more an active internet connection.
  • The screen resolutions has been updated to more... modern values (1024x768 / 1280x720 / 1600x900); Bodyshop max resolution is still 1024x768. In order to use these resolutions, some users may need to fix the issue with the Sims2 not recognizing the latest video cards (search Google for a replacement of the "Graphics Rules.sgr" file).
  • The installer, in order to correctly manage some game configurations that include specific stuff packs (H&M, IKEA and K&B) now permanently renames the three mentioned game folders, so to remove any non-standard characters like "®" and "&". This won't affect in any way the normal "full" game.
  • Minor improvements in the internal code and the batch files.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#494 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:39 PM
@Deastrumquodvicis - I don't think it will work, but it worth a try: please download the new AGS 2.1.2 and see if the problem is solved. If not, I need to read the LOG file (it's located in Documents\AnyGameStarter\AppFiles). Please zip it and attach it to your post.

Test Subject
#495 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 11:46 AM
I have an error "Can't install files to 64-bit locations...", but i have 32-bit Windows XP. Help!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#496 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 3:06 PM
@6ATOHbl4 - I'm not sure why this happens; it's hard for me to find a 32bit system to run more tests and it will take some time. But in your case the solution is extremely simple: keep using the previous version 2.1.1 (still available in the downloads section)., that has long proved to work fine in 32bit environments.
Apart from the 64bit compatibility, the new v. 2.1.2 has very little differences with the old 2.1.1.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#497 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 11:33 PM
NEW ANYGAMESTARTER VERSION 2.1.3 AVAILABLE!

WHAT'S NEW IN THE LATEST VERSION
  • Version 2.1.3 (29 Dec 2017)
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the AGS to run in a 32bit environment.

Please note that the bug affected only the 32bit systems: 64bit users don't even need to download the new version (unless they like to).
Thanks @@6ATOHbl4 for pointing out the problem. Solving it was easier that expected

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#498 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 3:39 AM
Good to see you back!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#499 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 12:25 PM
@Numenor Thanks for the updates and for the UC version of AGS! Good to see you back.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#500 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:29 AM
Thanks!
Page 20 of 21