Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 4:09 AM
Default Transparency/Problem with 2 subsets
Hi everyone!

I've made an object that has 2 groups:

the first group has a texture with 50% of opacity (Curtain) set on Blend mode
the second group has a texture with alpha shading (spiderwebs) set on Blend mode

But there is a problem when i move across the camera, in game, the groud go in front of each other depending on the camera angle.

I was wondering how could i fix this problem without setting the second group to none because i need it in blend seriously.

PLEASE HELP ;(

thanks again.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 1:51 PM
You need to change the opacity settings.
You can do this either in Milkshape in the meshcomments or in SimPE in the Generic recol editor/Content/Groups(plugin view)of the gmdc file

The meshcomments(opacity) are set to -1 by default if i remmeber correct, set one group to 3 and the 2nd to 5.
Just keep in mind that you will have a correct opacity between the 2 curtains from just one angle.(either the front or back)
Moving the camera to the front(or back) will cause bleeding through from one group.

You could pull this off so it works from viewing both sides but i think you then need to clone a window(or door) wich has 2 sets?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:46 PM
Thank you Bloom!

You fixed my problem! Thank you thank you :D