Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Chax : 18th Nov 2020 at 9:31 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default -------
-------
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 5:20 PM
Is it a stupid question to ask if it does this for "Save" and "Save as. . ." because you should be making multiple save files. How long have you been playing it and how large/developed is the world you are playing in? As in, are you on Week 10, Day 5 or whatever. Do you have Overwatch and ErrorTrap and do they give some sort of script errors? If you are receiving some then you should look to see if they already have a thread that exists or to just upload it yourself:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload

I'd recommend that you don't install both at the same time just to be safe. It's probably unnecessary but I like to put a mod in, open it up in the game, play with it for a few minutes, and see if the game reacts well to it. But, that's just me and that's assuming you don't have it already.

Have you tried saving in other game files? Maybe you could try to use your .backup file and see if that works? You should check if in your Saves folder there is a save with a corrupt error after it. I think it says "bad" in it but I don't remember off the top of my head.

I know, I hate losing games too so I hope you get this settled out! c:
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 6:31 PM
Do you have other save files that do the same? As in, if you were to start a completely new game and test if you're able to save in that game?

I suggest ErrorTrap first:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap

And then after some testing that then Overwatch:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch

Those have various FAQs, pages, and forum type things to explain it better than I can right now. c:
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 7:58 PM
Quick question: before you save, did you use buydebug in build/buy mode?

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 1:22 AM
I find Crinrict's blog on this topic to be invaluable: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...2-13-or-16.html

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 6:11 AM
Honestly, I can't give a solution yet.

Only that: I avoid doing buydebug in my game.

Rather, if I *really* need some buydebug item's, I'd do the following workaround:
  1. Export the lot where buydebug needs to be done
  2. Switch "The Sims 3" folder with "The Sims 3.plain" folder (a folder without mods/CCs except absolutely essential ones)
  3. Copy the lot from the "The Sims 3.orig" folder into the (newly-renamed) "The Sims 3" folder
  4. Edit in-game, freely using buydebug when necessary
  5. Export the edited lot
  6. Switch back "The Sims 3.orig" with "The Sims 3" (plain)
  7. Copy the lot from "The Sims 3.plain" to (the original) "The Sims 3" folder
  8. Replace the lot with Edit Town

Interestingly, using the eyedropper tool to copy an already existing buydebug object on the lot won't cause neverending save... but if I ever did "buydebug on" and place an object from the buydebug category, save will get borked.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:33 AM
I haven't had this issue for a long time though it has happened to me after installing Supernatural from a defective disk and again when my computer fan needed to be replaced.I always do save as and to several slots.I use TCE and buydebug in build mode and buy mode though I always disable the cheats before I save.I've used them in edit town in an active game to edit a lot and turned them off before going back to the family I was playing.
Alchemist
#9 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pepoluan
Interestingly, using the eyedropper tool to copy an already existing buydebug object on the lot won't cause neverending save... but if I ever did "buydebug on" and place an object from the buydebug category, save will get borked.
Interesting. I've had the never-ending save issue a few times but it went away the next playthrough (I still had to manually close TS3 via Task Manager).
Does this happen if you turn the cheat off after you're done using it? I recently decorated a lot with fishing and plant spawners and haven't had the never-ending save issue.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Interesting. I've had the never-ending save issue a few times but it went away the next playthrough (I still had to manually close TS3 via Task Manager).
Does this happen if you turn the cheat off after you're done using it? I recently decorated a lot with fishing and plant spawners and haven't had the never-ending save issue.

Yup, it's 100% reproducible. With buydebug turned off afterwards, or without. Any happening of "buydebug on" will bollix the game.

Doesn't happen, though, if I do the buydebug part on a clean TS3 userfolder, even if I do not turn off buydebug. So, I try to plan ahead, edit the lot in the clean userfolder to place all buydebug objects there, before switching back to my fully-loaded userfolder.