Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:59 AM Last edited by MyHeavyGunner : 27th Jan 2015 at 2:28 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default Doors, Windows, Objects, and Sims Snap to Miscellaneous places Even Snaps to the road
Every time I use Build/Buy to edit my house then go back to live mode Doors, Windows, Objects, and Sims Snap to Miscellaneous places. I'm sick of it help please here's a list of my mods.

Override: 23

JustAnotherSimsFan Interaction queue fits 30 1.50
NoZzzs
NoFightEffects
NoAutonomousCheckBedForMonsters
NoAutonomousAnswerPhone
0.8x HigherLower LTR - Unhidden Traits - AllTraits for All Ages
Lesbisim - a Drop (1 puddle)
Sit_Bathtub
Sit_Toilet
plantsLive1000xLonger
fer456_No More Autonomus go to Home! V3
MoreTraitsV4
500,000 cas money
UnrestrictedSpongeBaths
velocitygrass_nomosaic_1_63
Hack Anytime
cmomoney_LightingCeilingFan
NerdGamesUnrestricted by RyanEsau
Kylie's No No_Interactions_Available
NoCameraFadeonSims
TVchannelRenamesUSAjimTNW
LifeFruitGives10Days
nointro

Miscellaneous: 18

TNS3_BreastHeightSlider
Jonha_Sliders_BASE
Jonha_Sliders_BreastSize
Jonha_Sliders_ButtSize
Jonha_Sliders_CalfSize
Jonha_Sliders_ChestSize
Jonha_Sliders_HeadSize
Jonha_Sliders_HipSize
Jonha_Sliders_NeckSize
Jonha_Sliders_ShoulderSize
Jonha_Sliders_ThighSize
Jonha_Sliders_WaistSize
BreastDepth
BreastDistance
BreastFullness
BreastScale
BreastVertical
douglasveiga_GardeningSpells_v1.0

Core Mods: 21

Treeag - AutoTestingCheatsEnabledTrue
cmar_XCAS_TuningTattooAdult
cmar_XCAS_corefull67
The Sims 3 Violence And Aggression [MOD]
JunJayMdM.OnlineCenter
cmar_XCAS_TattooLocations
cmar_XCAS_TattoosForTeens_Basegame
The Sims 3 Disasters & Blessings [Mod]
Treeag - AutoBuyDebug
Treeag - BookofTalent
Treeag - HiddenTraits
Treeag - MiscStorage
Treeag - StorageBox
Treeag - TreasureBox
cmar_NakedAccessories
cmar_PregnancyControllerV5
cmar_XCAS_TuningClothingNaked
Awkward Moments And Humilations [MOD]
NRaas_MasterController
NRaas_MasterControllerCheats
Desecrate_DeathNote

And 12 Others:

SSC_BuyableRewards_Base
SSC_BuyableRewards_SN
velocitygrass_AddAnyLotSize
cmomoney_AnimationPlayer
cmomoney_CigaretteMod
cmomoney_PosePlayer
Desecrate_WeaponsLib
Desecrate-XanKriegor_Pistol
Desecrate-XanKriegor_SniperRifle
douglasveiga_Manekineko_v1.0
Douglasveiga_MixManyElixirs_v1.1
douglasveiga_ReplantInteraction_v1.0
Buzz_MoarInteractions
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 3:07 PM
This is going to be awful advice but do you have the moveobjects cheat on? I'm not sure what you mean by snapping onto things but wall decorations/windows/doors/things that go in walls can hover in the air everywhere. But, I agree with nitromon that some screenshots would be preferable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 4:11 PM
this might help understand what I'm saying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33m...eature=youtu.be watch the windows
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 4:52 PM
Thank you for the video. Are those windows from an expansion pack/CC/Store content or base game?

I actually get this glitch with doors occasionally after I used the moveobjects cheat. It works for me when I delete the door and place a new one. Also, are all of your windows facing the same way? Not that it should matter but it wouldn't hurt to check/try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annything
Thank you for the video. Are those windows from an expansion pack/CC/Store content or base game?

I actually get this glitch with doors occasionally after I used the moveobjects cheat. It works for me when I delete the door and place a new one. Also, are all of your windows facing the same way? Not that it should matter but it wouldn't hurt to check/try.
CC Natural Window V7. 1x1 Natural Window V4. 1x1 I don't use moveobjects cheat on door and windows.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 8:18 PM
I don't use moveobjects for doors and windows either but I'll accidentally leave it on a lot.

Hmm. I mean, I still get this glitch with certain doors but the angle they were in made the door cut away in cut away mode (or whatever it's called) so I only noticed when I put the walls up for a moment. But it was for doors. Like, my Sim was walking through a wall. But, yeah, I see the problem is that you play at an angle that makes that wall visible so you can't forget about it as easily.

Have you thought of trying to place a window on a community lot? As in, testing with a 1x1 wall with the same wall paint (It shouldn't matter so whatever) and see if that window or any window will work properly like that. And then try it on a residential lot like stealing your neighbor's house for experimental purposes.

If you're really desperate then you could test again with a new save game in a different world (Sunset Valley or something) to test on an empty residential, a townie's home, a pre-made community lot, your custom lots, and a copy of your exact lot excluding those glitchy windows (the rest should be kept).

At this point that's probably too much work so I don't blame you if you give up now. I, personally, would have long ago because I dislike building since it makes my mind wander too much. Good luck, though! c: