Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:24 AM
Default Sims 3 Cheat/Hack?
I recall in Sims 2 weren't we able to create a file with a list of cheats we wanted enabled in the game and it would load them at startup of the game for you. Does this work in Sims 3 and if so what was the process of it again? Thanks ;-)
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:42 AM
It is a userstartup.cheat file and it is in the wiki. I'm not sure if it works in sims 3. There are a lot of things we're still figuring out.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:13 PM
I've tried doing the "aging off" cheat but it doesn't work in the sims 3. Is it not there or is it called something else?
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:50 PM
Aging control is now built into the game. On the Options/Gameplay panel, you can move a slider to adjust the speed of aging and there's a toggle to turn aging off completely.

I don't know if this is global or on a per-household basis, since I've only played with one household so far. Since the slider and aging toggle are grayed out when accessed from the load saved game screen, however, I'm guessing it's set per household, since setting it before loading a saved game would probably mean it is a global setting.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:31 PM
I've read at sims.wikia.com that aging control affects the entire neighbourhood. It is stated in the articel about sims3:
"Aging and Story progression are different settings. You can have aging on while story progression is off, both of them turned off, or both of them turned on. Both of these options affect the entire neighborhood and not individual houses."