Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#2676 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 3:47 PM
Thanks Srikandi. I used to know everything about the Sims 2, now Sims 3 is making me feel like an idiot.

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
However, the patches that come out when EPs come out... are typically full of a lot of free new gameplay features...
I did want to get the new patch (I heard 26 had a fix for the WA camera in it, and I really want that), but what CC did patch 26 break? I heard a bunch of people complaining about it, but now I can't find any details to see if it's worth updating my patch.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2677 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 1:30 AM
does anyone know how to delete a sim that you can't see?
(some mailman keeps erroring & twallan's error trap keeps catching it, id rather just delete him altogether than deal with the crapload of error messages.)

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#2678 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
does anyone know how to delete a sim that you can't see?
(some mailman keeps erroring & twallan's error trap keeps catching it, id rather just delete him altogether than deal with the crapload of error messages.)

You could use a sim (or make one just for this), do a "Make me friends with all", invite him over, and delete him then...

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Alchemist
#2679 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
You could use a sim (or make one just for this), do a "Make me friends with all", invite him over, and delete him then...

will that work if its a service NPC?

Scholar
#2680 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
will that work if its a service NPC?

Well, you can befriend NPCs, so it should. I'd suggest making a sim and moving him into the neighborhood especially for this, otherwise whatever family you're playing will end up friends with everyone in the neighborhood.

Alchemist
#2681 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:36 AM
alright, thank you.

Lab Assistant
#2682 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
I'd suggest making a sim and moving him into the neighborhood especially for this, otherwise whatever family you're playing will end up friends with everyone in the neighborhood.
Unless you have a very small neighborhood, definitely use a Sim you don't play when you befriend everyone. Also be prepared that befriending everyone may take a bit.

If it looks like your computer froze, don't worry right away, it's probably just thinking. Go make yourself a sandwich, get something to drink, and then come back.
Field Researcher
#2683 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:04 PM
Is chicken pet food for dogs. . . or for chickens?

And. . . what are those wierd little static pets that move when you're not looking? Are they a completely random thing or do they pop onto the property because of something a simmie has done? My simmie house has three now - possibly more, considering how small they are. I'm just glad its not garden gnomes. Garden gnomes freak me out. Is it okay to sell them?
Mad Poster
#2684 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 17th Dec 2011 at 6:35 PM.
Chicken pet food is made with chicken (or turkey apparently) to feed to your pets. There are no chickens in The Sims 3.
Have you got a picture of any of these "static pets"? I can only think of the new 'wildlife' that came with Pets. You should be able to catch them and put them in cages if it is them.

Amberland, The CC affected was anything that a Sim interacted with. So chairs, tables, sinks, baths, beds, etc. Most of it has been corrected now but will require you to redownload it all or use one of the available community tools to fix it yourself.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#2685 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:24 PM
Have you got a picture of the static pets you're talking about, MsScribble? Small animals - like snakes, tortoises, birds, etc. - will spawn for cats and dogs to hunt, but they do move.
Inventor
#2686 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 10:17 PM
If a pet has hunted down something and caught (killed) it, it can drop it and it won't move. I've had my cat drop snakes, birds, etc from their inventory. They were all dead and they won't move.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Test Subject
#2687 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 12:51 PM
From what I understand, if you delete the "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder, the game will regenerate it upon loading the game, but without any saved data right? Does this also apply to things like installed worlds and store content?

Basically, I want to clear out everything (particularly store content) and start over with as vanilla a game as possible, short of uninstalling/reinstalling. Would deleting the folder work?
Eminence Grise
#2688 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stepper
From what I understand, if you delete the "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder, the game will regenerate it upon loading the game, but without any saved data right? Does this also apply to things like installed worlds and store content?

Basically, I want to clear out everything (particularly store content) and start over with as vanilla a game as possible, short of uninstalling/reinstalling. Would deleting the folder work?

Yes it would.

If there's anything in there that you MIGHT want back again someday, though, you might as well just move it to a different location on your disk rather than removing it... or just rename it. Unless of course you are really short on disk space

Quote: Originally posted by MsScribble
And. . . what are those wierd little static pets that move when you're not looking? Are they a completely random thing or do they pop onto the property because of something a simmie has done? My simmie house has three now - possibly more, considering how small they are. I'm just glad its not garden gnomes. Garden gnomes freak me out. Is it okay to sell them?

My guess is these are the new animal gnomes... in which case... sorry... they are, in fact, garden gnomes They generate in response to particular actions; for instance, you have a chance of getting a horse gnome when a horse licks a saltlick.

It's fine to sell them.
Test Subject
#2689 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 10:30 AM
Thanks for the response!

I did create copies of what I planned on keeping, and I have a backup of the entire The Sims 3 folder just in case things go badly.
Alchemist
#2690 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
My guess is these are the new animal gnomes... in which case... sorry... they are, in fact, garden gnomes They generate in response to particular actions; for instance, you have a chance of getting a horse gnome when a horse licks a saltlick.

It's fine to sell them.

Do you have any idea what generates the dog gnome? I just got one, I don't know why. My family does have a dog. It has also had two cats (one is deceased, the other is an elder), but I've never gotten a cat gnome. I don't think I've done anything particularly special with dog, so I'd love to know what triggers the pet gnomes.
Scholar
#2691 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:48 PM
The dog has a .7% chance to spawn per dog best friend you have. And the cat has a chance to spawn when a cat gets a Whacked Out moodlet, which judging by the moodlet description they get from catnip or a toy containing catnip or something.

Additionally the freezer bunny gnome has a chance to spawn when your dog barks at the fridge.

While looking that up I discovered there is apparently a moodlet called "Every day I'm Rustlin'." I really don't know what to make of that.

Alchemist
#2692 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 6:16 PM
Thanks, Zoku. My cats are frequently whacked out, but still no cat gnome. I guess I'll just keep Rowley good and stoned until I get one.
I'd really love to know about that Rustlin' moodlet now.
Scholar
#2693 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 9:46 PM
The image is a cowboy on a horse and the description is something like "Might never give this horse back" so I suspect it happens when you ride/lead around one of your neighbor's horses for a long time.

Test Subject
#2694 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 6:04 AM
Default Are mods updated for exp packs still usable in the base game?
Yeah stupid question here. Okay, I only have the base ts3 game, no expansion packs.

If a mod is updated for an expansion pack, would it still be compatible with my base game? What if there's multiple versions for different expansion packs available to download. Would those only pertain to people that have those expansion packs? Would it even matter which version I picked if had none of the exp packs listed?

TL;DR Version
If I download a mod updated for Pets (for example), and I don't have Pets, would the mod still run on the base game?

Thanks for any help.
Field Researcher
#2695 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bleueyedbrunette
Yeah stupid question here. Okay, I only have the base ts3 game, no expansion packs.

If a mod is updated for an expansion pack, would it still be compatible with my base game? What if there's multiple versions for different expansion packs available to download. Would those only pertain to people that have those expansion packs? Would it even matter which version I picked if had none of the exp packs listed?

TL;DR Version
If I download a mod updated for Pets (for example), and I don't have Pets, would the mod still run on the base game?

Thanks for any help.

I'm not positive, as I've always gotten EPs, but I'd say you're good, as long as it's not a mod for a feature from an EP. I hope helped a little, at least. Just make sure you're game is up to date.
Test Subject
#2696 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
I'm not positive, as I've always gotten EPs, but I'd say you're good, as long as it's not a mod for a feature from an EP. I hope helped a little, at least. Just make sure you're game is up to date.

Thanks! Yeah that was what I was thinking, just wanted to see if other people thought the same. lol
Mad Poster
#2697 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 9:57 PM
Try and check the PATCH level the mods are compatible with. That's probably more important than which packs you have unless the mods are for EP specific features.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#2698 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 11:31 PM
My question is is there a maxium age for Elders? I have one that just hit 100 days and I kinda want her to kick the bucket here soon. I know there are cheats I can use to just kill her off my self, but I would like her to pass on "naturally"

(Also, sorry if someone already asked this question)
Lab Assistant
#2699 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carlsn
My question is is there a maxium age for Elders? I have one that just hit 100 days and I kinda want her to kick the bucket here soon. I know there are cheats I can use to just kill her off my self, but I would like her to pass on "naturally"

(Also, sorry if someone already asked this question)

My elders bite the dust at 139 days, but that's because I have the age adjusted to something that works for me (I have really long YA and Adult stages). The maximum is 999 days, and you can lower the Elder length in the Game Options menu.
Test Subject
#2700 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx
My elders bite the dust at 139 days, but that's because I have the age adjusted to something that works for me (I have really long YA and Adult stages). The maximum is 999 days, and you can lower the Elder length in the Game Options menu.

I have aging set to Normal so the span for Elders is 17 days, but they can live past the span just like my elder Sim (her husband was also the same, but only lived to about 92-93 days). I think how long Elders live depends on how well their life have been i.e. fulfilling their LTW, maxing out skills, ect. Anyways, thanks for the answer
Page 108 of 385