Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:51 PM
Good to know that you saw a proportional increase in production value. I don't think I'm happy with it quite yet but the feedback's been good, so I'm just going to see what I can do to make life easier. These episodes are eventually going to be a monthly thing, so I'll want to have a particular format and a particular production process. It seems to have worked for Episode 1 here and Episode 2's been getting off the ground. You probably know where I stand on deadlines, but I'll be pretty happy if I can have it done by early September.

Also that's definitely not it for this thread, I don't really know why I said it would be.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 8:37 PM
That's definetly awesome! I like the fact you're making it a monthly thing: you'll have time to improve more and more as you put together the episodes.

As for this thread, I guess it gets frustrating putting so much work into an artistic project and not getting many responses. If I were you, I wouldn't think much about it; just continue with what you like, or live, to do, and this thread will be there to have another communication channel for your series.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 1:28 AM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 12th Oct 2018 at 1:42 AM.
Just wanted to give a little update on the status of Episode 2, because I'm not happy with the way I've been handling it; I may have bitten off more than I can chew. In planning an episode of a significantly more ambitious nature than the previous ones, I've failed to consider the recent changes in my personal situation. I've gone from one part time job to two part time jobs plus a full-time education, and that's seriously reduced the amount of time I'm able to spend. What's more, I've run into a number of major technical challenges and I haven't been able to fix them to a satisfactory degree. I'm now starting to get to the point where I have everything I need to record the episode itself, but recent experiences with the post-production process have given me plenty of reason to believe that won't be an easy stage.
It's a hobby, and it's a hobby I still have loads of passion for, but the odds seem to be against it at the moment. I've gotten some lovely feedback and supportive messages over the past few months but even that may not be enough to push the series forward. I still want to be able to make an episode a month someday but that's definitely not going to happen this year.
Storage space is also still at a premium: I'm recording onto a 5 terabyte hard drive but thanks to the specifications of my gameplay footage, those 5 terabytes have filled up very quickly.

On a more optimistic note, I've been personally benefitting from my now near-constant responsibilities and my increased income. Realistically, this episode is going to be the best one yet by far and I suspect it'll draw more people in as well. So far there's been a very large discrepancy between the intended end result and the actual end result; the experience I've accumulated in producing videos is making it increasingly viable for me to have sequences live up to my initial expectations.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 8:20 PM
Offf sounds tough, but I'm happy you're having a better real life. This things should go first; and surely, if you're determined to continue with the series, you will be able to do it! Hope everything continues being good for you and don't worry, you will surely make something that's up to your expectations!
Page 2 of 2