Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#701 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 11:54 PM
AT MY CUSTOM BOARDING SCHOOL:

No. You are in the middle of class, Miss Learn. It is not a good time to run off to change your tampon. WAIT UNTIL LUNCH!

WTF Mr. Learn stop making out with your wife's co teacher. What in the world. . .

At night: Damnit why are you guys fighting. YOU GUYS ARE BUNK BUDDIES!!!

(LOL I was so not creative on naming the teachers at my custom school.)
Advertisement
Inventor
#702 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rinarunine
"Eat your burned food. EAT IT. LEARN THE TASTE OF FAILURE."

*snickers* :D

Yeah, I sometimes mock my poor, burnt-food-eating Sims too. "You will eat your carbon and you will like it!" or "Lobster costs $30 a pound. I don't care if it's ash. Stop gagging and eat it!"

"Oogie oogie oogie~ Oog oog oog~" When my sims dance.

Ohh, is that that disco tune? "Oogie oogie ooh, ahgah oogie ooh ooh!" I love that tune! That shiz is my jam! :D

Too bad TS2 doesn't have a Disco station like TS1 did. At least we still get to hear Oogie Oogie Ooh on the karaoke machine, right?

"STAAAAAAAAAAHP HATING EVERYONEEEEEE." Lucas immediately rejecting every single friendly advancement. He's destined to have no friends.

Ahh, the curse of the Grouchy Sim.

Is there an actual upside to Grouchiness? Sloppiness is a time-saver; it helps you wolf down food faster, and you get to pee in the shower. Serious Sims get more fun out of cheap junk like reading newspapers. Lazy Sims suck, but at least they can go longer between meals and they don't have to wait until they're dead tired before they'll let you send them to bed. Shy Sims don't need to be constantly inviting people over just to keep their Social need a healthy shade of green.

But aside from being able to kick the trash bin over at will, Grouchy Sims, well, suck. So if you find any redeeming qualities to Grouchiness (aside from the trash can thing), please let me know.
Top Secret Researcher
#703 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Is there an actual upside to Grouchiness? Sloppiness is a time-saver; it helps you wolf down food faster, and you get to pee in the shower. Serious Sims get more fun out of cheap junk like reading newspapers. Lazy Sims suck, but at least they can go longer between meals and they don't have to wait until they're dead tired before they'll let you send them to bed. Shy Sims don't need to be constantly inviting people over just to keep their Social need a healthy shade of green.

But aside from being able to kick the trash bin over at will, Grouchy Sims, well, suck. So if you find any redeeming qualities to Grouchiness (aside from the trash can thing), please let me know.

The funny part is that he's not a grouchy sim! His stats are mostly in the Shy and Neat department though. From what I've noticed, Grouchy sims are less likely to cheat, if you can get them married. xD

Am I the only one that misses the Big Band station from 2 since it's not in 3? ): Made my own custom station with 1920s jazz / big band music for 3.

A new one:

"Why is there a balcony in the bathroom? What the Hell, Maxis. Who designs these houses?"
Lab Assistant
#704 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:16 AM
Maybe there isn't a special benefit for them, but I kinda like my Grouchy sims! They have unique conversation animations, and what's interesting is that even when it looks like they're not enjoying a conversation, many times they're having a good time. It reminds me a lot of a few people I know IRL - to everyone else, it looks and sounds like they're arguing, but to them, they're just having a normal conversation.
Inventor
#705 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:18 AM
Am I the only one that misses the Big Band station from 2 since it's not in 3? ): Made my own custom station with 1920s jazz / big band music for 3.

I'd like to bring back the Disco station for TS2. I also think it's a travesty that there's a Far East vacation spot yet there isn't a station that plays Chinese, Japanese or Korean instrumental music. I was talking about that in another thread, and someone else suggested that I could create my own Far East station. I might just do that.

"Why is there a balcony in the bathroom? What the Hell, Maxis. Who designs these houses?"

Exhibitionists, obviously. "Hey, everybody! I just took a massive dump in here! Who wants to see it?"

(Then again, as someone who once created a "femme fatale" sort of Romance Sim who had nothing but a big sheet of window glass between her Strut Your Stuff showerheads and the sidewalk, I may not have room to talk. >_> )
Top Secret Researcher
#706 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rousseau
Maybe there isn't a special benefit for them, but I kinda like my Grouchy sims! They have unique conversation animations, and what's interesting is that even when it looks like they're not enjoying a conversation, many times they're having a good time. It reminds me a lot of a few people I know IRL - to everyone else, it looks and sounds like they're arguing, but to them, they're just having a normal conversation.

This. My entire real-life family. From an outsider's view, they look like they're at each other's throats. They're just talking about cheeses, I swear.

I'd like to bring back the Disco station for TS2. I also think it's a travesty that there's a Far East vacation spot yet there isn't a station that plays Chinese, Japanese or Korean instrumental music. I was talking about that in another thread, and someone else suggested that I could create my own Far East station. I might just do that.

Maybe you can make a Disco station, too? :D

Exhibitionists, obviously. "Hey, everybody! I just took a massive dump in here! Who wants to see it?"

Haaaaaaah. I got a few sims that house might be good for. ;D But seriously. I think it's one of the basic, cheap townhouses in base game. I don't even.
Inventor
#707 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:28 AM
I really need to be faster with my edits. >_>

This. My entire real-life family. From an outsider's view, they look like they're at each other's throats. They're just talking about cheeses, I swear.

Yeah, I guess there's some entertainment value to be had in Grouchy Sims (and people) and their interactions. It's why everybody likes Francis from Left 4 Dead so much, right?

Hey, there's a thought: A Left 4 Dead family in TS2! I could make it the eight survivors from L4D1 and L4D2, then somehow come up with two families with eight zombies each, then sandwich the survivors' house between the zombies' houses for bonus style points....

Maybe you can make a Disco station, too? :D

I'll look into it. Is there anywhere where I can dig up the Disco stations from TS1, perhaps?
Top Secret Researcher
#708 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:34 AM
I really need to be faster with my edits. >_>

Yeah, I guess there's some entertainment value to be had in Grouchy Sims (and people) and their interactions. It's why everybody likes Francis from Left 4 Dead so much, right?

Hey, there's a thought: A Left 4 Dead family in TS2! I could make it the eight survivors from L4D1 and L4D2, then somehow come up with two families with eight zombies each, then sandwich the survivors' house between the zombies' houses for bonus style points....

I'll look into it. Is there anywhere where I can dig up the Disco stations from TS1, perhaps?

Iiiii don't think legally, no. But I mean if you have the game yourself, there's nothing stopping you from taking your LEGAL COPY OF SIMS 1 and moving the songs over to a custom station.

Emphasis. Needed. Yes. We're being watched.

New one:

"You don't stop dancing until I SAY you can stop dancing!"
"Your baby is screaming. Stop playing videogames."
"Don't play with the cat, she just bit you! DARWINISM. DARWINISSSSSM."
"I should just set the house on fire. Last one living earns my love." After a huge fiasco with parents being late for work and kids peeing themselves because the maid was cleaning puddles in the bathroom.
Mad Poster
#709 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 1:01 AM
"That does it. You get to move." Yet another routing failure in the upstairs hall immediately after coming home with a long-desired promotion. It then took me 90 minutes to get them a house that would suit that they could afford, but that's another matter.

I love grouchy sims. When they like you, they like you and won't hear a word against you. My two favorite one-nice-point sims have distinct behavior patterns. One will go out of his way to harass people who have cheated on, fought with, or otherwise screwed over someone he cares about. The other was not only the dynamo of the family, continually keeping things afloat when they seemed about to go under (that was her Fortune side); she would take on shy girls as her personal responsibility, bringing them home from school, going home with them, bringing them along when invited to other people's houses, singling them out to interact with on community lots, and queue-stomping people who were making them uncomfortable. She has a solid cadre of girlfriends who, if you put them all together, only have about half her social points.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#710 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 4:39 PM
Iiiii don't think legally, no. But I mean if you have the game yourself, there's nothing stopping you from taking your LEGAL COPY OF SIMS 1 and moving the songs over to a custom station.

Emphasis. Needed. Yes. We're being watched.

New one:

"You don't stop dancing until I SAY you can stop dancing!"
"Your baby is screaming. Stop playing videogames."
"Don't play with the cat, she just bit you! DARWINISM. DARWINISSSSSM."
"I should just set the house on fire. Last one living earns my love." After a huge fiasco with parents being late for work and kids peeing themselves because the maid was cleaning puddles in the bathroom.

OR if you use Spotify you can at least listen to the Sims1 music legally there. Just search for the sims 1 or sims houseparty.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
#711 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:54 PM
"Your husband just Woohooed with the maid RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU and you're just worried about the book on the floor. This is Strangetown, not Free Love Town
"WHY WON'T YOU DIIIIIE?"
Whenever a Broke/Dreamer ages up or gets married: "My babies are growing up."
"Nooooo. You have to do your term paper, stop blowing bubbles!"
"Oh my god SHE'S IN LABOR!"
"Look at you, you built a snowman and now you've got a cold. Wimp, go to class."
"Franny J., your husband can wait to woohoo go feed your children."
"You ditched school to dance to the SPICE GIRLS? Really?" (Happened way too often)
"Oh my god HE'S in labor!"
"Sara, I know your three husbands are great but your twins are playing in the toilet again and need to go to bed. What did I just say? No making out right now."
Scholar
#712 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
"You ditched school to dance to the SPICE GIRLS? Really?" (Happened way too often)

Ah, that brings back memories of when my tween best frenemy (although I don't think that word was in use back in the 1990s...at least I didn't know it) introduced not-yet-a-tween me to the Spice Girls. I never really saw the appeal of trying to be grown up when still a kid, but for a while I was driving my father crazy (my mother liked them too, and found my behaviour funny, but he thought they were trash, though he was too kind to say it to me) by doing the high kicks every time I heard their music, insisting he take us to see the movie, and then, having seen their outfits, joining my frenemy in tying up my shirt so it looked like a crop-top and wearing it like that the whole way home. So yeah, not just Sim behaviour...

Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
"Oh my god HE'S in labor!"

And this brings back memories of the first time I ever played Strangetown, back with basegame-only. I knew the storyline already and was watching Pascal in fascinated anticipation, but that was the first birth in my game, so I freaked out a bit watching it. I think I said something like, "Oh no, oh no, oh no, now it froze, oh no...WOW!" with the last bit caused by seeing the cutscene, which I thought was very cool. And then a load of giggling.
Inventor
#713 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
And this brings back memories of the first time I ever played Strangetown, back with basegame-only. I knew the storyline already and was watching Pascal in fascinated anticipation, but that was the first birth in my game, so I freaked out a bit watching it. I think I said something like, "Oh no, oh no, oh no, now it froze, oh no...WOW!" with the last bit caused by seeing the cutscene, which I thought was very cool. And then a load of giggling.

Seeing the little Plumbob come out of the UFO-style hatch in the big Plumbob always tickles me. And the cutscene's pretty cute too. "No no, Dad. Don't reject the little green baby. Don't...ahh, there you go. That's better."

One of my homemade community lots is the Ultimate Foodie Fair, which has about twelve food contest tables. I caught myself barking "You will eat Kiki's food and you will like it!" at the various food judges, along with odd snippets like "I think that bicky sub is worth a Blue Ribbon, don't you?".

I'm passionate about my food contests.
Scholar
#714 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:53 PM
Seeing the little Plumbob come out of the UFO-style hatch in the big Plumbob always tickles me. And the cutscene's pretty cute too. "No no, Dad. Don't reject the little green baby. Don't...ahh, there you go. That's better."

One of my homemade community lots is the Ultimate Foodie Fair, which has about twelve food contest tables. I caught myself barking "You will eat Kiki's food and you will like it!" at the various food judges, along with odd snippets like "I think that bicky sub is worth a Blue Ribbon, don't you?".

I'm passionate about my food contests.

That sounds like a fun contest. Any chance you will upload a hobby lot or two?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#715 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:57 PM
"I don't even like this boy anymore. Why did I put him into my game and have my self-Sim marry him?"
Inventor
#716 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
That sounds like a fun contest. Any chance you will upload a hobby lot or two?

I guess I could do that.

It's better than Sue's Secret Kitchen in that you don't have to wait for the food judge's very long cooldown time before entering another food contest; you can just move on to the next table. There's also a large kitchen in its own building, which includes a cornucopia (so your Sims can learn how to cook Holiday Roasts). Just cook up several dishes for the food contests and start making the rounds. By the time you're done with the last table, the first table may be ready for you again.

I'll have to check and see which EPs and SPs are needed for that lot to work before I go uploading anything, though. (ie. You need to have Holiday Stuff for the cornucopia, of course.)

Quote: Originally posted by dtfan
"I don't even like this boy anymore. Why did I put him into my game and have my self-Sim marry him?"

Because love is a battlefield and you're determined to rise to the challenge and make the relationship work? :D
Top Secret Researcher
#717 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:53 PM
"Augghh. Aughhhh. WHY CAN'T ANYONE MAKE GINGER HAIR RIGHT." After sobbing over Skysim's pink reds and pinker reds.
Scholar
#718 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 2:53 AM
"Get out of there!"
"Come back here!"
"Leave them alone!"
"If you won't stop flipping each other off, I'll turn that bouquet's autonomy off entirely..."
"What the...?"
"What are you laughing at? I don't see what's so funny."
"You're a vampire, you don't want to eat that take-out."
"You have a coffin, use it."
"Stop hissing/growling at invited guests!"
"Let the baby sleep!"
"Did you just say 'Bleh!' to your toddler?"
"Townies, get off the porch! And leave that paper where you found it!"
"Put that baby/gadget/newspaper/teddy-clone down." (This said when they either have better things to do, or are hogging something somebody else wants.)
Lab Assistant
#719 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:19 AM
"Get your food."
"No don't get a bubble bath."
*cancels bath*
"Get your food now"
"Don't even think of doing yoga"
*fire*
"Wow now look what you've done,go extinguish that."
"Stop jumping about screaming,get rid of the fire"
*fireman comes and sim goes back upstairs to stargaze whilst the food is still there*
"That's it." *makes sim get abducted"
"Maybe you'll meet Bella Goth there."
Field Researcher
#720 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:20 AM
"Ah, hell no, you won't."

In any context. In many cases.
Instructor
#721 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:26 AM
"Don't you dare lay that baby in the snow."
(To the Nanny) "Oh my god you are the worst NPC. How are you still alive? How are these kids still alive? You've just pissed yourself!"
"You need to pay these bills. Don't lay them down in the bathroom."
(To the mother/father sim) "That is your son's bed. Get out of the racecar bed."
(After a sim ages up) "Mother of god, what are you wearing?"
Top Secret Researcher
#722 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:58 AM
Put the baby down!
Leave the baby alone!
Let the baby sleep!
Oh no you won't!
Well go inside before you pass out from the heat next time! Why do I need to babysit your temperature?!
You're useless! (to the nanny)
Get off the computer!
Omg, that poor child is so ugly (would never say that in RL but some Sims genetics...don't mesh well..and they are just pixels)
That is not your bed!
Scholar
#723 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:18 PM
"Why are you dying? Nothing's wrong with you... Oh, you're just teaching the dog to play dead!"
"You nearly tied yourself up in your own jump-rope, and that made you discover you love Fitness? Okaaaay..."
"So cute!"
"Why are you drinking a beer? You're a kid!"
"Why doesn't this computer work? Why are you thinking about a chair? Oh, it's on the wrong end of the desk..."
Field Researcher
#724 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:01 PM
´Wow.´ When I went downstairs and Don was suddenly making out with a random sim.
´STOP STANDING IN THE WAY.´
´Get out of the room. How can he cheat on you if you´re standing in the room. No, don´t admire the painting. Out.´
´Space... Too. Small.´
´Seriously. Grow up already.´ When Cassandra had to go upstairs like 9 times to help Christina with her birthday and she just wouldn´t grow up.
´Why do you stop playing kicky bag? You didn't even start yet. *tries again* Hello. Did you even hear what I was saying.'
Mad Poster
#725 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:23 PM
"Why do you have to throw up in every toilet?" In Tarlia's cleaned Strangetown Jenny Smith is younger, and is currently pregnant. She keeps running to different toilets to barf. I have to say the Sim with the worse morning sickness is Ophelia when she becomes an adult.
Page 29 of 169