Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 8:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Household can't return from university
Hello everybody,

I'm having a strange issue.
My household just graduated and both got their degrees, so after finishing their semester this truck appears which brings them home.
Next, the load-screen appears, but when the home front (island paradise) has been load, the welcome-screen appears (where you can create a family, move a household, etc.)
But my family is nowhere to be found! Neither on the university.
I do have a back-up (I saved the game, right after they got their degree and only have two hours before they have to leave)

I tried almost everything I could think about, neither can share nor save a copy of my family in the library (which DO work with all the other families...?)
Unsubscribe from the university before leaving wasn't a solution either...
The "resetSims *" cheats doesn't work either, nor re-installing "University life" & "Paradise Island".
I've also tried by deleting following files:
•CasPartCache.package
•compositorCache.package
•scriptCache.package
•simCompositorCache.package
•socialCache.package.package

The only thing I can imagine that could have messed up my game would be: editing my university-town, while playing at university, by copying the hospital from my home-front and placing it at the university.

Can anybody help?
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 8:55 PM
Do you log in while playing? If this is what I think, it will help if you log out of your game profile in the Sims 3 before moving from one location to another.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 4:43 PM
Are you using any custom content? if so, have you tried removing the CC, deleting the cache files, then testing to see if your game still has the same issue or not?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 8:13 PM Last edited by werismyki : 11th Feb 2014 at 6:44 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4328279, 4328280
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Do you log in while playing? If this is what I think, it will help if you log out of your game profile in the Sims 3 before moving from one location to another.

Thanks for your answer, but it didn't worked

Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
Are you using any custom content? if so, have you tried removing the CC, deleting the cache files, then testing to see if your game still has the same issue or not?

Also, thanks for your answer, but didn't work either