Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#376 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:57 AM Last edited by mangaroo : 11th Apr 2011 at 4:59 PM. Reason: fixing width
Quote: Originally posted by TheHologramMan
Here is a new mod to allow adding and removing abilities from Sims. This is similar to the debug option to switch Professions but allows removal of abilities and also adding more obscure ones. The commands can be found under the "Debug..." menu added to every sim.

The list of abilities exposed by this mod are:
Advisor,Combat,Commerce,Constable,Execution,Gathering,Geology,
Herbalism,Jester,Lore,Lutecraft,Magic,Magicraft,Medcraft,Medicine,Metalworking,OffensiveSpells,
Performance,Poisons,Politics,Royalty,Scoundrel,Selling,Tactics,Treatment,UtilitySpells

The faith abilities were not exposed. Certain abilities are tied to the profession (like memorizing spells, pickpocketing, faith conversion) and are not affected by this. I honestly dont know how many of these are useful but you can add spells to any sim now including Monarchs.

4/11 04:00 UTC
v 1.1 - Added more options to menu
* Edit in CAS - Made a copy here to clean up the root menu on Sims
* Change Faith To - Change between the 3 faiths. Can fix problems with menus not appearing on Sim but must be done with another sim active.
* Add Change Fatal Flaw / Legendary Trait menu
* Add Max Motives (maximizes many good motives and minimizes some bad ones)

This works nicely, but unfortunately only for my heroes Can you make this working for usual npcs as well ? My monarch married a peasant girl and i made her selectable. Now i would love her to be able to have some abilities too :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#377 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 3:06 PM Last edited by mira_moone : 11th Apr 2011 at 5:32 PM.
I'm still looking for Rick's dll. Gah, it seems I'm the only one who needs help to find it, ergo me be stupid
Help, please!

EDIT:
Don't want to clutter the thread with a new post. THANK YOU Akbaa!

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Lab Assistant
#378 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:56 PM
Here you will find it : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344

You have to download this : d3dx9_31.rar
Test Subject
#379 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
Yes, you're right. For Sims 3 CC the fields will be missing and if you just take a Medieval one all references would need to be redone. But I have an experimental solution:

Attached you'll find a version of the CASP Wrapper for S3PE that will also read regular S3 CASP resources and turn them into Medieval ones:

Steps to turn S3 CC into Medieval CC:
  • Install the wrapper as explained in the readme
  • Make a copy of the package you want to turn
  • Open the copy in S3PE
  • Find the CASP resource, where in the value pane you'll see "WARNING: This is not a Medieval CASP!"
  • Go into Grid and set the Clothing Flag for Profession (I have made it so that flags for all professions are preset)
  • Save the package and put into your Medieval mods folder

This will only fix problems with the CASP format. In my test with the New Years hat there were clipping issues, which the wrapper obviously can't fix.
The Wrapper will set the elder and teen blend info index to the one for fit. I hope that it won't matter because there are no teens and elders in Medieval. I also set the outfit material to "cloth". And the version info will be changed to that of Medieval.

This will break your CC for The Sims 3, so work on copies!

Huge thanks for this, you are the man!
I've done some hair conversions from TS3 to TSM and everything works fine.

Lab Assistant
#380 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 7:50 PM
I am kinda curious about the hairs now. They are working, but i noticed that some of these hairs look awfully big for those heads. I heard that the head mesh has become smaller since Sims 3, now is there a way to change the hair scale as well ? What tools would you use for this ? Blender ? Or is it rather simple and can be done in SimPE ?
Firestarter
#381 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 9:49 PM
Does anyone know how the game is caching scripts? I've made three mods to unlock Forging, Potions, and the Food and Drinks, but they only seem to work well on new games. Starting a new game with them, they all work, but trying to get them to work with a current game, pretty much nothing. I've deleted every cache file I could find and nothing refreshes it.

My mods are up at my site in the Medieval section of Sims2Workshop.
Inventor
#382 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotroxy777
I'm glad it worked
Test Subject
#383 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 12:31 AM
Would it be possible to do an upload of the hair transfers? I have S3, be I dont have it installed... and I dont really want to install it just for the hairstyles. lol
Lab Assistant
#384 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fox Maiden
Would it be possible to do an upload of the hair transfers? I have S3, be I dont have it installed... and I dont really want to install it just for the hairstyles. lol

You dont need Sims 3 for this. You only need to edit the hairs in SimPE
As for uploading the hairs, i am not sure, but i think the original authors must agree to that..
Lab Assistant
#385 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:08 AM
Default Your Skins
Hello, I just want to know where you got your green skins etc for medieval - I really would like to have a place with just elves or green skinned fantasy type characters?
Test Subject
#386 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:49 AM Last edited by hotroxy777 : 12th Apr 2011 at 10:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fox Maiden

I can do that but like @akbaa wrote in the post above I need a permission from the authors first.
Test Subject
#387 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 1:57 PM
It would be great if some of the authors would give permission for uploads of the hair conversions. I know I tried to use SimPE the other day and it was all greek to me... but I'd love for some new hairstyles.
Test Subject
#388 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:10 PM
Default Cheating Mod Problem
Good Afternoon Everybody,

First of all, I'm sorry for my poor English.

I've a problem with testingcheats mod and I didn't find an answer anywhere... :S

I've downloaded testingcheat mod, unziped, putted it in the game folder, and also I add downloaded the .cfg folder needed...

What I'm doing wrong? It's supposed to work and I can't use the "DisableQuestPerformance" Cheat :S

Please help me...

Thanks,

Francisco
Field Researcher
#389 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:42 PM
I've changed my commands.ini file from "TestingCheatsEnabled=0" to "TestingCheatsEnabled=1", and I have downloaded the mod, replaced the original resource file and placed the mod file at Electrinic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages and the cheats are still not working for me. What am I doing wrong?

[edit]: I've also tried adding that mod and the no-intro mode to Electrinic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Mods\Packages and still none of them is working
Lab Assistant
#390 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 8:10 PM
To VELOCITYGRASS or anyone who can: Help, please...

I used the CASP Wrapper to do a hair conversion from TS3 to TSM. The hair shows up in CAS looking as it should, and it fits the sims head perfectly. But the hair turns my sims eyes into hair.

The 3. hair color option in CAS (the one used for hats and ribbons) seem to have taken control over the sims eyes, replacing the apple of the eye with a round spot with no iris. I can change the color of the round spot with that 3. hair color option, but at the same time the color applies to the hair. If I choose green the round spot becomes green as well as some of the hair. The eye color option under eyes no longer work. When I change the hair into an original hair, everything turns back to normal.

Any suggestions as to what I have done wrong, or as to can be wrong?
Test Subject
#391 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minaki
I've changed my commands.ini file from "TestingCheatsEnabled=0" to "TestingCheatsEnabled=1", and I have downloaded the mod, replaced the original resource file and placed the mod file at Electrinic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages and the cheats are still not working for me. What am I doing wrong?

[edit]: I've also tried adding that mod and the no-intro mode to Electrinic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Mods\Packages and still none of them is working

I've exactly the same problem :S
Test Subject
#392 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 11:03 PM

I think what you guys miss is the d3dx9_31.dll you put in Game/Bin
You can download one in this post

(But I'm really not certain)
Test Subject
#393 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happyopi
I think what you guys miss is the d3dx9_31.dll you put in Game/Bin
You can download one in this post

(But I'm really not certain)

I've already done it and didn't work :S

(Sorry about my English)
Lab Assistant
#394 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 2:15 PM

For once you only need to do ONE! if you change the commands.ini you don't need Treeags mod. So either leavethe commands.ini alone and put
Treeag - TSMTestingCheatsEnabledCommands.package in
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages
or leave the mod out and change the .ini

#2 there is no resource file to replace !! It's simply a new one that might look like this (depending who's framework you prefer):
Quote:
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/DCCache/*.dbc
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

and goes to

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval

Do not overwrite any of the other resource.cfg in
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin
or
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared
or
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Win32

-le
Test Subject
#395 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 5:32 PM Last edited by [email protected] : 14th Apr 2011 at 10:07 PM.
Default No dress available
I made this MOD to use SIMS (only female) without Clothes.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Naked.rar (2.1 KB, 3546 downloads) - View custom content
Description: No dress Available in CAS
Test Subject
#396 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 8:00 PM
Could someone write up a quickie 'For n00bs' tutorial to do hair conversions? I have so many nice ones from 3 that I'd love to use in medieval.
Test Subject
#397 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 8:54 PM Last edited by samko2223 : 14th Apr 2011 at 9:07 PM.

Please video or screenshot tutorial.I can not understand
Sorry for my English
Test Subject
#398 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samko2223
Please video or screenshot tutorial.I can not understand
Sorry for my English

I can try but I dont know that my english is good enough too
Lab Assistant
#399 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 1:46 AM
So I've been trying out some different eyes from TS3 in the game to see how they work, and I really liked the way these looked, but found this one very odd problem:

I don't have TS3; is this something I would be able to fix myself?

paysites suck.
Test Subject
#400 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 6:08 AM
I can try but I dont know that my english is good enough too

It does not matter and thank you
Page 16 of 24