Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#16326 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
I'm still using the most recent Insiminator (DEST version). I suppose it's possible it spawns some of the long-term corruption that we get warned about, but I've been running some of the same hoods for seven or eight years now, and frankly the game wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable for me without both Insim AND SimBlender. But Insim (and its various spawnables and "teleport here") get used by me more than almost anything.

All this said...I've never seen Insim mentioned on the long lists of corruption warnings.

That's a huge comfort to know, thanks so much. I don't use Insim for crazy stuff, mostly rerolling LTWs and adding Want Locks so it behaves more like TS3. Also to disable relationship decay, because it's unrealistic friends stop being friends after three days.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16327 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:43 PM
It's not recommended to have both insim and simblender, as we know for a fact they conflict (since they do the same thing), but a lot of people do any way (including me). Using one of them, should in no way be corruption-inducing (unless you do corruption-inducing things with them, like interact with the universal NPCs). Changing LTWs is fine.
Scholar
#16328 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
It's not recommended to have both insim and simblender, as we know for a fact they conflict (since they do the same thing), but a lot of people do any way (including me). Using one of them, should in no way be corruption-inducing (unless you do corruption-inducing things with them, like interact with the universal NPCs). Changing LTWs is fine.

I guess maybe I haven't had a problem because I tend no to use them for overlapping tasks. I use InSim for most things (skills, relationships, careers, property, aging, etc), and I think I only whip out SimBlender to rename a Sim or push them into plastic surgery. (If there's a spawnable InSim object that does names, I've never found it.)
Mad Poster
#16329 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldFalcon
Is it easier or safer to change a LTW with the batbox or SimPE? (There IS a LTW to become an Ecological Guru, right?)

You need Pescado's uni_ltws_sns hack for that. Assuming UC, get it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#16330 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:46 PM
I use the Simblender , Insim ( sim version) and the Sim Manipulator and have never had any problems with that combination either. Just for giggles I made copies of all 3 mods and threw them all in dl folder with absolutely nothing else in there and then ran the HCDU on it , all it showed was this

Report Start 7/27/2014 4:29:25 PM

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Total Hours Pregnant - Suspension
Group ID: 0x7F1D0F49
Instance ID: 0x00001002
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\InSIMenator Sim version\InSIMenator (UV) v2.9 SIM Edition.package
\downloads\Sim Manipulator\Sim_Manipulator.package
\downloads\Simblender\Sim Blender.package

End Of Report

1 possible conflicts detected.

I Know the HCDU isn't the be-all and end-all of detecting methods and troubleshooting , but it's pretty interesting ( to me) that only that one BHAV even raises the "possible conflict" flag. I'll randomly use whichever one I happen to access first for whatever also , I don't always use the same one for the same function.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#16331 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:01 AM
Let's not start the whole debate again. If one is interested, go back in this thread and you can read Mootildas explanations on the subject. I know a lot of people use both, myself included, with no problems. But just because you don't see the problem, doesn't mean it does not exist. And you not having problems does not mean someone else won't. One should be aware of the risk of using mods that conflict. It can do harm we are not aware of.

And it doesn't matter if you use them or not. If they are in your downloads folder, your game is loading both, and that's where problems can rise.
Instructor
#16332 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:24 AM
Hello all. I've got two questions.

1. Does TS2 Double Deluxe come with store edition? The only other game I have that definitely would have store edition is Fun with Pets, however I lost that game months ago and it isn't installed on my laptop.
2. If yes, does this give me some chance in helping to make my neighborhoods compatible with UC? (I've read Simsnetwork's guide and I think I understand.)
Lab Assistant
#16333 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
Hello all. I've got two questions.

1. Does TS2 Double Deluxe come with store edition? The only other game I have that definitely would have store edition is Fun with Pets, however I lost that game months ago and it isn't installed on my laptop.
2. If yes, does this give me some chance in helping to make my neighborhoods compatible with UC? (I've read Simsnetwork's guide and I think I understand.)

No, Double Deluxe did not have Store Edition. Only University Collection, Best of Business Collection and Fun With Pets Collection. Sorry...
Field Researcher
#16334 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
You need Pescado's uni_ltws_sns hack for that. Assuming UC, get it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/

Thanks folks. I forgot the Sim Blender had that function. Sunbee, you linked me to the right hak directory (Apartment Life) but the RTFM specifically says the hak should only be used with a Seasons + Uni setup. It would be nice, as always, if Pescado had told us what "Don't even think about trying it." alluded to. I'm considering assuming that since the file's last modified date is from 2007, he was referencing a complete EP installation at the time and never updated the file because it's worked fine with all subsequent EPs, but my apprehension about the warning is probably the reason I didn't have this hak installed prior to now.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Instructor
#16335 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DistantWords
No, Double Deluxe did not have Store Edition. Only University Collection, Best of Business Collection and Fun With Pets Collection. Sorry...

Ackgrh. Thank you.
I just wish I knew where the hell it came from.
Top Secret Researcher
#16336 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:50 AM
Are married couples supposed to have the pink Crush hearts? I could've sworn the pink hearts get replaced with red love hearts.
Lab Assistant
#16337 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
Ackgrh. Thank you.
I just wish I knew where the hell it came from.

Store Edition was also something you could have downloaded from Origin if you registered a base game version of Sims 2 (original game, Deluxe, Double Deluxe, Holiday Edition I think it was called, etc) at one point. I got my digital version of it in 2009 and it let me play the game without a disc, since Store Edition was the 'newest' version of the game. According to a Wiki I read, it was included in Apartment Life, but it was NOT on my copy of Apartment Life so I don't know where they got that from. Maybe reprints of Apartment Life?

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2_Store_Edition
Instructor
#16338 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:07 AM
Hi, all. Kind of having a weird problem with InTeen in my game, and I'm curious if any other InTeen users have encountered it (and resolved it without necessarily ripping out InTeen). I know that Mod The Sims isn't responsible for supporting InTeen, but I thought, what the heck, I can ask here before bugging the poor people at Simbology (they always seem so overwhelmed with questions and uncooperative people there).

So, my problem is that certain families won't age. It's as if I'm playing with aging off. I can age them up with cheats or mods, but they don't age per day like a normal Sim. The weird thing about it is that it's only happened to three households. I have a dozen other households that age just fine. Also, this has only happened to households with a baby in the family. But it doesn't affect every household, once again. I've had InTeen in my game for about six months now, and this problem only started happening a few weeks ago. I've raised a generation and a half with InTeen in, no problems.

Weirder yet, if I move one of the affected households to a completely new lot, they start aging normally again.

Anyone else have this happen? I'll add that I confirmed InTeen as the problem through the 50/50 method. With InTeen out of my game, those three affected households age just fine. With InTeen being the only thing in my Downloads folder, those families won't age.

Besides that, I'm playing with the collection discs, downloaded off of Origin when they were selling the game still. Currently running off of Fun With Pets, using the Apartment Life version of InTeen. I understand that the collection discs were never supported, but I took my chances anyway (anything to make Young Adults more interesting! Why can they woohoo, be engaged, and buy wedding clothes if they can't get married?)

Thanks to anyone who has a clue why my game is being so quirky. It's not really a huge problem in the end, since moving them to a new lot does seem to resolve the issue. I'm just wary of it continuing to happen.

Edit at rinarunine: Yes, that's normal for them to have the Crush, since that is their short-term relationship. Instead of Love, they should have wedding bands next to the Crush heart.
Field Researcher
#16339 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rinarunine
Are married couples supposed to have the pink Crush hearts? I could've sworn the pink hearts get replaced with red love hearts.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: "Crush" is a strictly short-term relationship state, whereas "Love" is a strictly long-term relationship state. You've no doubt already noticed that the crush state is possible without love--the STR just has to be over 70 with romantic interactions introduced past that point. If you've ever tried to break up a couple through arguments, you would notice that they can lose the crush when their STR dips below 70 STR, while still being in love because the LTR is high. These two states, love and crush, seem to function entirely independently; they just follow the same rules, one for STR, one for LTR.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Instructor
#16340 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DistantWords
Store Edition was also something you could have downloaded from Origin if you registered a base game version of Sims 2 (original game, Deluxe, Double Deluxe, Holiday Edition I think it was called, etc) at one point. I got my digital version of it in 2009 and it let me play the game without a disc, since Store Edition was the 'newest' version of the game. According to a Wiki I read, it was included in Apartment Life, but it was NOT on my copy of Apartment Life so I don't know where they got that from. Maybe reprints of Apartment Life?

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2_Store_Edition

Hm. This is quite a mystery.
I've just been looking around my Program Files (x86) and store edition has been nowhere in sight. I do have apartment life though, so it might be because of that like you said.
At the very least, I've backed up my game and just downloaded UC. I'm gonna give it a go and see what happens. The worst is that I have no neighborhoods and have to go on a mad dog hunt for store edition and eventually go crazy because of this.

In short, this will either go very well or very terribly.
Forum Resident
#16341 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:35 AM

Long answer: "Crush" is a strictly short-term relationship state, whereas "Love" is a strictly long-term relationship state. You've no doubt already noticed that the crush state is possible without love--the STR just has to be over 70 with romantic interactions introduced past that point. If you've ever tried to break up a couple through arguments, you would notice that they can lose the crush when their STR dips below 70 STR, while still being in love because the LTR is high. These two states, love and crush, seem to function entirely independently; they just follow the same rules, one for STR, one for LTR.
Exactly so. The red love heart gets replaced with the wedding rings after marriage (with the engagement ring replacing red heart as an intermediate), so that may have been what was being thought of.
Undead Molten Llama
#16342 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:35 AM
@SleepyTabby: Most likely something you have is conflicting with InTeen. That's why it works when Inteen isn't in. IOW, it's not necessarily InTeen itself that's causing the problem but rather that you have something that doesn't work in combination with Inteen.

Have you downloaded any new hacks recently? If so, remove them and see if the problem persists. If it works, then you know that one of those new hacks is not liking Inteen. Sometimes load order -- forcing that to hack load either before or after Inteen, whichever it isn't currently doing -- will resolve the issue. Sometimes, however, you'll have to decide which you value more and ditch the one you value less because it's an irreconcilable conflict. Also, have you run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility? This can help you to pinpoint stuff that is conflicting with Inteen and, again, such issues are sometimes resolved by fiddling with load order. Be advised, though, that just because the HCDU tells you something's conflicting, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Some hacks conflict by design. For instance, Inteenimator Flavor Paks conflict with Inteen itself; they're supposed to because they're overriding Inteen behaviors, which is why you need the Flavor Paks to load after the "base" Inteen.

So, in short it can be a puzzle to solve, but I'm betting, like I said, that you have a conflict with Inteen somewhere. Of course you CAN simply not use Inteen, but if you value it, then you have some detective work to do, but hopefully the issue can be resolved.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#16343 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:54 AM
Thanks, iCad. I thought along the same lines as you, actually. But I removed all my hacks (and every other piece of custom content) EXCEPT InTeen, and the problem persisted. I removed all my flavor packs, hoping it was one of the problems. They were clean, it's only the main mod that causes this problem. The G part of InTeen (I think that's the file you put in your Program Files) doesn't seem to be problematic. It's just the files you put in your Downloads.

I had tried the HCDU before doing the 50/50 method, too, and no conflicts that I hadn't already resolved with loading orders showed up. I thought it would be a hack conflict too. But the problem seems to exist on its own. Confusing. I just wonder if it's a hiccup, since I'm using the collection discs and I accidentally installed Store Edition.

Thanks for trying to help though. Sadly, I've done those steps, and this is what my detective work led to me (and baffled me with).

Hope that makes sense this time. I tried to word that in my first post, but clarity isn't one of my strong points.
Top Secret Researcher
#16344 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:02 AM

Thanks so much for the input, EmeraldFalcon and Tzigone! it's been a while since I've jumped into an already-married couple and I forgot about this completely. For a second I thought my game was buggy.
Undead Molten Llama
#16345 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:05 AM
@SleepyTabby: Bummer. In that case, I don't know. It's only a few families, you said? Maybe try leaving everything in but moving one of the problematic families out of their lot and then back into it? Sometimes things just get stuck and moving out/moving back in clears things out. I have that problem with freshly-minted YAs moving into dorms sometimes, not with aging, obviously, but with the semester clock getting stuck. Perhaps whatever is stuck is what is making aging in combination with Inteen not work for those families? It's worth a shot...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Instructor
#16346 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:15 AM
I think we troubleshoot similarly. I have tried moving them in and out of the same lot, but they won't age. However, moving them to a completely new lot does make them age again. It's the only acceptable solution I've found so far. I don't intend to take out InTeen, especially for an ultimately trivial thing. I've enjoyed it too much, as it makes Young Adults more playable to me, and it's fun that teens can argue with their parents finally (couldn't seem to mouth off before all the adult interactions were unlocked).

Thought it was worth asking around though. Seems like a funny little issue, but I hadn't seen anyone else report it. If it starts affecting my entire 'hood, I'll be more concerned.

Thanks for helping out, though!

EDIT: A thought did occur to me. Monique's individual aging mod doesn't leave tokens or anything, does it? I installed that, misunderstanding her text and thinking it was just an object (the one for Pets). I noticed it seemed to be applied globally to my Sims, but I thought I'd test it out anyway, 'cause curiosity killed the cat and all. I understand that aging mods tend to conflict with InTeen. Still, I did use it on those families that are affected by the anti-aging glitch (and on other families as well). Since then, I have removed the mod and deleted the cache plenty of times. But if it leaves any tokens, might those still be conflicting with InTeen?
Mad Poster
#16347 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:16 AM
Newbie question because I'm not use to having Season's installed and it's been years since I last played it and blahblahblah... but what can you do with vegetables? I know you can use fruit in the mixer to make juice, and put fish in the fridge to cook sparkly special foods, but when I put vegetables in the fridge nothing new pops up or anything... So far I've only ever sold them in small grocery store businesses.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#16348 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:17 AM
Thanks, I haven't even touched bodyshop, odd it just suddenly showed up.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Undead Molten Llama
#16349 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:22 AM
@SleepyTabby: Great minds, my dear! Well, glad you found a solution. Sometimes lots just go weird. :p
EDIT: And yes, it's possible that mod leaves tokens behind. That would explain why moving them to a different house would fix the problem, if the token is attached to the particular lot.

@BigSimsFan: You can use vegetables in the juicer as well. For instance, if you have Sim drink eggplant juice, they'll gain a skill point in a random category. If you go to SnootySims, they have a chart with the various recipes. Other than that, you can also stick them in the fridge to make all your food, not just fish dishes, sparkly. You have to cook new food to see it, though. And you have to have enough fresh food points to make, say, a whole multi-serving meal sparkle.

EDIT: Here's the chart, since I just realized I don't have it bookmarked on this machine, and I want it to be: http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=juices

Instructor
#16350 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:24 AM
@BigSimsFan12, I think that's all you can do with veggies. Too bad there aren't any special recipes for them, like there are for fish.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm getting pretty suspicious that it must have left some sticky token or something behind. Sorry, Simmies, but you have to age, so looks like you're getting evicted. I don't want your kids to be babies forever. They're cute and all...but toddlers are more adorable. I am sorry about the home business, though. Have to start over, though, little guy.

It'll be interesting if that totally resolves the problem. Only way to find out now is to keep playing. Poor me. :p
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 654 of 1000