Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 5:36 AM
Default kids stay later, etc
I had a mod called "kids stay later", it stopped working & I removed it - probably a conflict but want to FIND it again.
ALSO: can't find a mod to make the gardener come everyday - for those huge plant-filled lots. Next best is one I found that keeps everything perfect.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 7:31 AM
Everyday gardener is by Pescado, must be in mods directory. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/
dailygardener

Children stay later: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=99418
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 7:52 PM
Thanks! The gardener is the same one that didn't seem to work; at one house where the gardener was already coming every 3 days, I fired the gardener and rehired, thinking the mod would take over - it didn't. But I've re-downloaded and will test. Same with the kids-stay-later; I HAD the hack in downloads but it stopped working. Wonder if sub/sub folders are reason why..

Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
... at one house where the gardener was already coming every 3 days, I fired the gardener and rehired, thinking the mod would take over - it didn't.

I know Pescado had a mod for nannies where it was necessary to spawn entirely new nannies after installing the mod for the programming to take effect (Pescado recommended killing off any nannies that were already in the game.) Perhaps this is a similar problem where you need to kill off your existing gardeners and spawn new ones?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Thanks! The gardener is the same one that didn't seem to work; at one house where the gardener was already coming every 3 days, I fired the gardener and rehired, thinking the mod would take over - it didn't. But I've re-downloaded and will test. Same with the kids-stay-later; I HAD the hack in downloads but it stopped working. Wonder if sub/sub folders are reason why..

It may be. I don't remember why I decided so that everything in my Downloads is in folders and sub-sub folders but not game mods. I think this is related to load orders.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 3:34 AM
Guess so, Ann; the gardener comes every day, but still can't keep up with all the hedges and flowers in this house!

Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 3:41 AM
If you have maxis hedges, replace them with Windkeeper's plastic hedges, it will make less work for gardener.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 4:26 AM
For house with a huge amount of landscaping I use these. http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg5.htm

The Magical Hedge Shears. I just pull them out whenever things get out of control instead of leaving them on the wall, so sims can still do some gardening and I only use them in fancy gardens with a ton of plants.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 9:15 AM
There are also fences that look like hedges. I use this TS4 conversion in my game. I know I saw another more realistic looking one on a blog somewhere, but I can't find it now.
Theorist
#10 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 3:07 PM
I had those shears and sims were totally obsessed with trying to view them. Didn't matter if they were on the roof or any other inaccessible spot, they went nuts over them. Maybe someone could check out his mod and see if he set it that way. Many of Simslice's mods seemed to have Maxis type humor added to them. (:

There are plastic hedges that look just like Maxis, might also be a bit cheaper in price, not sure who made them, the files in game say wind, possibly a longer name from TSR? EDIT: Annaminna already mentioned them, pretty sure those are the same ones and don't look any different than Maxis. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I had those shears and sims were totally obsessed with trying to view them. Didn't matter if they were on the roof or any other inaccessible spot, they went nuts over them. Maybe someone could check out his mod and see if he set it that way. Many of Simslice's mods seemed to have Maxis type humor added to them. (:

That's probably a case of just lowering the fun motive transmitter. I've never understood the need of modders and object creators to max out the attracters.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 7:53 PM
I found it! Here's the other more realistic fence that looks like a hedge.

https://youngcardinalsyoungbloods.d....org/21041.html
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 10:05 PM
Thanks RoxEllen, I got those. PS the rose-hedge that shows in foreground of my pick is also a "fence".

Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:58 AM
Yeah, I got the obsessed viewing as well. That's why I only bring the shears out for long enough to use them and then sell them back.