Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 5:51 PM
Default An alternative to dickhurt's mod, to let toddlers travel to community lots
I'm currently playing along in joandsarah77's Community Spirit Contest. For the last round we are to build a community lot with toddler-friendly facilities. Now, I'm not just building the lots, but playing the families "for real" in a dedicated new 'hood ,made specially for the contest. So I really want my toddlers to go to the community lot with their parents and/or siblings. I think most people use dickhurt's Allow puppy kitten toddler riders for this purpose, but this is no use to me as it requires Pets, and my highest EP is Open for Business. I probably could use a teleporter to get the toddlers there, but I'd much rather they rode in the taxi with the older Sims.

I feel sure I once read about it being possible (presumably with a mod) to take toddlers to a community lot, provided you had OFB or higher, but ever since I got OFB a couple of years ago, the only such mod I can find is that one by dickhurt. So may I ask, does anyone know of an alternative mod and where I can find it?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 7:25 PM
Found only this one: http://modthesims.info/t/164403
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 4:45 PM
Thanks Annaminna! Age them up to children, and then back into toddlers when they get there? I'm not sure that using a teleporter might not be simpler! As I recall, when aged back down they'll probably be wearing a new outfit. Still I suppose that might be an advantage -- Sims toddlers are even worse than real ones when it coms to how expensive their clothes are and how quickly thy grow out of them -- so some free toddler outfits might not come amiss! Another thing to watch is that, as children, they don't have an F grade and immediately get removed by the social worker.

I had rather thought/hoped that someone might have made a mod just for toddlers after OFB came out, and dickhurt's mod just extended that to puppies and kittens. But, if no such mod exists, I think I'll back up and save my game, and try fanseelamb's method as well as a teleporter, and see which I prefer.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 5:36 PM
I just use the teleporter method. I don't really trust Dickhurt's mods, and I'll only use them if they are well known to be fine. I don't know much about that one myself.

As an aside though if you're looking for cheaper clothes for toddlers, Chris Hatch has a shop at home teddy bear for baby and toddler clothes (it's really designed to enable shopping for baby clothes) which charges only $25 per outfit, much more reasonable. I believe there is a hacked clothing rack just for babies/toddlers as well which charges the same, but I haven't tried it out.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:56 AM
I'd just use a teleporter. Aging up and down is more likely to invite corruption.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 12:10 PM
Teleporter all the way.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~