Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 5:03 AM
Default Government/Disability Aid mod?
So I am currently running a story household, the story goes my sim is claiming she has a heart disability and needs government support in order to live, however the real story is she is a witch and doesn't want the community to know

Now to make this story come alive I have to currently keep inputting kaching so she can pay bills, apartment rent, groceries, and keep her cat fed and healthy! However in real life you don't use a cheat for finiancial aid you apply for government support! Is there by any chance a mod that will give her a small boost of money every week or so to help her out? Only for unemployed sims or if applied by phone or computer cause I don't want working sims getting financial aid if possible!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 6:45 AM
The closest thing I could think of is a career, for example the Struggling Artist's Pension.. It requires her to go off the lot once a week for an hour or so. (This is actually decently accurate, as you have to go drop off your income statement.) The disadvantage is that it sometimes pops up in career searches in the newspaper or computer. Not sure if there's a way to disable that.

There may be somehting a bit more suitable somewhere in the Custom Careers section, but I only skimmed a few pages so far. Note that once it's in, you don't want to remove it if any of your Sims have the job or it might break stuff.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#3 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zkettell
So I am currently running a story household, the story goes my sim is claiming she has a heart disability and needs government support in order to live, however the real story is she is a witch and doesn't want the community to know

Now to make this story come alive I have to currently keep inputting kaching so she can pay bills, apartment rent, groceries, and keep her cat fed and healthy! However in real life you don't use a cheat for finiancial aid you apply for government support! Is there by any chance a mod that will give her a small boost of money every week or so to help her out? Only for unemployed sims or if applied by phone or computer cause I don't want working sims getting financial aid if possible!

Why not get her to craft witchy objects in her cauldron, and then sell them? That should supply modest needs.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 10:24 AM
Theorist
#5 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM
Sheesh, I'm gonna move to a sim neighborhood, I get disability and it's far, far, far lower from the amount that mod gives. Disability and social security are not the same thing either.

Aside from that, there are many ways a sim can earn money without having a job, one of my sims best is digging for treasure. They go off to community lots occasionally, then sell all the stuff they get. Also, living in much smaller houses is cheaper and they can live quite comfortably in them. Bills are most often just under $100. each time. I find the small houses (1x1, 1-2, etc) have another big advantage, they spend less time going from one thing to another, or catching the bus or carpool, than huge houses and big lots while saving their needs to accomplish more. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 2:18 PM
If lower wages is what you seek, here are some: Disability, Unemployment and Welfare Careers
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 3:46 PM
Wow, those vary from the very generous to the very mean! I have Sims on welfare, but they're not just single Sims, so I use the familyfunds cheat or Cyjon's loan jar to give them the exact amount calculated for their family circumstances (weekly personal allowances of 300 for an elder, 200 for an adult and 100 for a child, plus rent allowances if they're living in an apartment, all paid at 6 pm on Sunday). The advantage of Cyjon's loan jar over other lending mods is that the money can be 'borrowed' each week, then the jar can be deleted, which wipes out the debt. I don't think of it as the Sims using a cheat, but of the Sims applying to me, as the government, to supply the money.

Other options might be:
- the money tree aspiration reward, which gives $40 a time if the Sim is in a good mood/has high aspiration and $1 otherwise; it 'blooms' three times a day, I think, so if your Sim stays happy it's a pretty generous personal allowance (though she might still struggle with rent, unless she has a very small apartment)
- if you have green energy sources, they often supply enough to cover the bills plus a little extra; when the mailman comes with the bills, you get a pop-up saying your energy production has exceeded your needs, and giving you Simoleons for the difference (it also saves you having to remember to pay the bills!)
- if you have things like the potter's table, sewing table, etc., you can manufacture and sell goods (she'd be sitting down to sew, which might be possible with her 'heart condition')
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
If lower wages is what you seek, here are some: Disability, Unemployment and Welfare Careers

I get the difference between Unemployment and Disability, but I don't see a difference between Disability and Welfare?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I get the difference between Unemployment and Disability, but I don't see a difference between Disability and Welfare?

There's a couple types of Disability benefits. Some of it is through Social Security/Canada Pension Plan/various other things like that and applies to people who were previously able to work, but now injured (American daytime TV channels often show ads for lawyers who deal with this sort of thing), while some people with disabilities just get welfare, although with a bit extra allowance sometimes. (It's a bit sad that I know so much about this.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 5:02 PM
There is a "welfare table" that enables the applicant to apply for welfare and get a check for their 'abilities' every day. Mootilda posted it back a long time ago on this page:
http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=3892134

If you're interested, it is editable in the texts so that it doesn't read quite as awkwardly as it was done. My poorer pixels, when between jobs use it. Quite good!

One of the important points is that once a pixel does find a job, the checks stop. "You have already got a career in XX."-ie, only unemployed pixels can use it-and that means totally unemployed. Not even having the 'unemployment career' will be allowed.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles