Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 5:22 AM
Default Install worlds without launcher
Hi! I'm having launcher woes - getting the "Sims3Launcher has stopped working error" and I'm at my wit's end. Tried doing a fresh install of the game (including all EPs) and Origin. Tried updating a number of things including IE, Flash, Air etc. Tried patching using the superpatch. Still nothing. This wouldn't ordinarily bother me so much since I can bypass the launcher to get into the game, but I bought Dragon Valley and can't install it - or any other custom content for that matter. Is there's a way to get the content installed without the launcher? Thanks very much in advance!
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 8:08 AM
No, there is no way to install a EA Store world without using the Launcher. Other content, such as community created custom content, can be installed using something like CCMagic, available on this site.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 1:52 PM
Hi,

did you clean your registry from any EA/Origin/Sim related entries after uninstalling The Sims and any other related content, like EPs, CC etc.?

I suggest trying this:

- Uninstall The Sims and stuff (EP, CC, Mods, Packages etc.)
- save User/Documents/ElectronicArts to new locations (backup)
- delete Folder User/Documents/ElectronicArts and subfolders
- Clean Windows Registry of all Sims related entries. Might be tedious to find all ;-) This is the important part, because there are always leftovers when deinstalling software and there will be no clean new installation.
- Reinstall Base Game only, try to install Dragon World

If its working, reinstall other stuff one by on and try again. Copy saved games/sims etc. back to new User/Documents/ElectronicArts folder.
Possibly a corrupted save game, sim, CC etc. is causing the problem and it will reappear after all.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 4:52 PM
Since getting the instructions to installing worlds without the launcher, I've been doing just that because I don't like using the launcher.
What you do is unpack the sims3pack with S3CE and rename the world package as .world.

When you unpack an object with s3ce, you will get as many objects as the package holds. So you will have to open them up (s3pe) and see which one is the world before you rename it.

The rest of the files, you can install through CC magic. Because this is an store world, you might need to decrapify the sims3packs before unzipping them s3ce.
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 4:58 PM
Going with what Ani said, here is a excellent tutorial explaining not only how to convert worlds to package files, but it also talks about removing custom content, ect...

Any time the launcher can be avoided, it should be done.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Any time the launcher can be avoided, it should be done.

This should be the motto of every simmer.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simhoon
Hi,

did you clean your registry from any EA/Origin/Sim related entries after uninstalling The Sims and any other related content, like EPs, CC etc.?

I suggest trying this:

- Uninstall The Sims and stuff (EP, CC, Mods, Packages etc.)
- save User/Documents/ElectronicArts to new locations (backup)
- delete Folder User/Documents/ElectronicArts and subfolders
- Clean Windows Registry of all Sims related entries. Might be tedious to find all ;-) This is the important part, because there are always leftovers when deinstalling software and there will be no clean new installation.
- Reinstall Base Game only, try to install Dragon World

If its working, reinstall other stuff one by on and try again. Copy saved games/sims etc. back to new User/Documents/ElectronicArts folder.
Possibly a corrupted save game, sim, CC etc. is causing the problem and it will reappear after all.

I've been using CCleaner for many years. It greatly simplifies eradicating unwanted Registry entries.
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
This should be the motto of every simmer.

Now I feel dirty.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 9:10 PM
(...)

The rest of the files, you can install through CC magic. Because this is an store world, you might need to decrapify the sims3packs before unzipping them s3ce.
You shouldn't decrapify Store content if you own it legally, just use s3rc or compressorizer. This will maintain compatibility with other creations, like 3rd party user created lots, that use the same items. Decrapified stuff will have a different and new ID.
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 9:58 PM
Learned something new here. I didn't know you could use S3CE like that. Good to remember.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 1:40 AM
Drat. Uninstalled everything, did a few registry cleans, reinstalled the base and still not working.

On the plus side, wealth of information here so hopefully one of those will bypass the problem. Thanks all!! Really appreciate it!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:31 PM
Since getting the instructions to installing worlds without the launcher, I've been doing just that because I don't like using the launcher.
What you do is unpack the sims3pack with S3CE and rename the world package as .world.

When you unpack an object with s3ce, you will get as many objects as the package holds. So you will have to open them up (s3pe) and see which one is the world before you rename it.

What about counters/cabinets? I've often read that not installing them via the launcher will result in problems with "corners".