Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 11:01 PM
Ways of Making Sims Smarter?
I'm just wondering, is there any way of say, rebalancing sim autonomous actions (not eliminating them) or something like that so that they seem smarter?

Examples:
- Forcing sims to autonomously keep their needs above yellow would go a long way in reducing frustration.
- Expanding the distance sims keep from fires
- Etc.

I'm thinking of mods like this: http://montigolegacy.com/2014/09/21...athroom-tweaks/
Quote:
- When exiting, sims will move 4 slots away from the all-in-one.
- All sims will wash their nasty hands after using the toilet/urinal.
- All sims will flush when done.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 11:12 PM
I'm confident that my sim do learn hiden skills by watching others do it. E.g. Some of my sims don't clean the dishes. But when I tell another sim to clean them couple of times, the sim that didn't clean after himself started to do so. Same with kids. If first they didn't clean the dishes having seen the parent do them they started to clean them aswell. I don't know if this is what you mean.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You are talking about modifying the AI. I've seen some mods do certain little things to make sims smarter. Most of them are elimination mods like "no autonomous blah blah blah." I also saw a mod that makes every sim much cleaner, they would clean the house more even without the clean trait. In Sims 4, someone wrote a mod that makes sims use the toilet before going to bed autonomously.

Indeed I am. I think one of the consistent issues that simmers face is that the AI seems unbalanced in favor of miscellaneous things like computer gaming, and you end up with issues like sims pissing themselves on community lots, making the "I'm tired" complaints all the time, or starving to death on a regular basis.

I'd like to know if there's a way to fix this, or if we're stuck with dumb sims until the end.
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Indeed I am. I think one of the consistent issues that simmers face is that the AI seems unbalanced in favor of miscellaneous things like computer gaming, and you end up with issues like sims pissing themselves on community lots, making the "I'm tired" complaints all the time, or starving to death on a regular basis.

I'd like to know if there's a way to fix this, or if we're stuck with dumb sims until the end.

I think that AwesomeMod have some options of sims doing these things themself, meaning that they take care of their needs. But I cant remember if it is only the active household that these options apply to.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 2:28 PM
I think Retuner over at NRAAS industries might be helpful here. With it, you can finetune pretty much anything as far as I can tell. It's quite involved and I never quite got the hang of it but it's possible this is what you might want. Without a complete AI overhaul, which is pretty impossible as far as I know.

About the watching, I concur. My slob sims are much cleaner with neat or not-slob sims in the house.