Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:07 AM Last edited by the_darkest_one : 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:46 AM.
Default Mods that broke after 2.0 patch
So, I've read through just about every thread on the forums for TSM. Since I couldn't find the answers I was looking for I decided its time to start my own thread. If anyone can solve any of the following issues I'd be grateful as I've spent the bulk of my day reinstalling, troubleshooting and just pondering at some points trying to figure out whats wrong.

My game is using patch 2.0.113
I have resources.cfg in the appropriate folder location
I believe I have the script mod .dll file in the correct location too

Mods that dont work:
1. Grim's Core mod breaks my game completely and leaves me stuck on loading screens, so I have removed it for now
(file: GrimsMedievalCore_V_2_0_13_beta)
2. Dynamic professions are also not working for me and leave me stuck on the loading screen to get into my kingdom (not the main screen)
(file:TZ-DynamicProfession)

I have a feeling that there are others but I have not been able to try just yet.

Mod that works:
1. nointro
2. The medieval skintone for women, though the texture looks badly distorted
1. Jonha's Sliders now work, completely forget to change the commands.ini file to enable testingcheats... of course I would forget because I reinstalled the whole game today =|

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:14 AM
Grim's Core version 3 works just fine w/ patch 2.0.113. Have you tried updating it yet?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamergirlx
Grim's Core version 3 works just fine w/ patch 2.0.113. Have you tried updating it yet?

updating Grim's files? The only one I've found was the one I mentioned above, is there a new one out there now?
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:26 AM
The latest version is still listed as beta, but you can find it here: http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1216784
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamergirlx
The latest version is still listed as beta, but you can find it here: http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1216784

That wasn't the one I had, I had GrimsMedievalCore_V_2_0_13_beta, the one you linked was version 1? Either way, that one didn't work either. =(
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:41 AM
lol don't drink and post, friends XD

Took a look at my package files and I'm using GrimsMedievalCore_V_2_0_13_beta. Works just fine for me w/ the new patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:47 AM
Ah no worries. This is super frustrating for me, but I did manage to fix the sliders issue... One thing down at least.

On another note... I'm curious could you post your resource.cfg file?

|Kaos|
Instructor
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 2:07 AM
The files I use are all available here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344. I have heard of issues with other mod files, so if you're not using these give it a shot.