Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 8:54 PM
Default Game Version 2.0.113: Makeup Porting?
One thing I noticed about the sims medieval is, it has almost every make-up category from the sims 3(excluding full-face makeup). Now I was wondering if this is the case could we not use make-up mods for the Sims 3 for the Sims Medieval? I mean we can use skins(except the face texture-portion is f***ed up), patterns, and even sliders/eye replacements so shouldn't makeup also work to some extent? I mean the only thing that makes me wonder is how the face is setup differently in Sims Medieval, so I'll probably test this out and get back here on this if it doesn't work.

[OT]I'm also wondering why you can only choose from the favourite area for patterns in CAS, and why favourites from build mode don't get ported over. Also, Sims Medieval seems to have a limit of how many custom patterns you can use at a time(from external package files).
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 5:25 AM
Well..that didn't work.
I'm a little surprised they aren't compatible considering how alike the makeup systems in the two games are...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 7:50 AM
Default Porting
You can only recolor EA's textures in the CAS now. When I put in the new patch and got the 'make up' I lost all my favorites in the CAS. All I have are colors now. EA giveth and EA taketh away. While I use the makeup on virtually everyone to keep them looking alive and human, I used my favorites quite a bit in the CAS. I guess they had to do it because of crashing and freezing issues in TSM-CAS.
Some fabrics when I port them over don't show up and some crashed my game terminally so that I had to reinstall. Every patch seems to take something else away or louse something else up. This game is so limited even hard working and imaginative modders are having a hard time keeping it interesting.
I'm interested in the progress you guys make, but my machine has a hard time handling anything that replaces defaults, like skins. Anything you can add to the coloring book makeup will be welcomed with open arms.