Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 2:40 PM
Default Is Maxis The Creators of TSM?
I was just wondering. I notice in game the logo is also Maxis. Since the game has the 'feel' of a Maxis created game (Sims1) and the video of P&N live chat refers to Maxis (I think) does that mean this is an all in one try at a 'comeback' for Maxis?
If it fails does that mean "Maxis" team won't be working on things like Sims 4 etc?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 3:32 PM
Maxis don't exist anymore and haven't for some time. I think they were bought out by EA? Or something along those lines. They're not involved in TS3 at all, and were only involved in TS2 for a couple of years.
Theorist
#3 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 4:10 PM
Maxis /does/ still exist, though not as an actual stand-alone Team. Apparently, though, they still have a location in EA studios entitled "Maxis." For instance, Maxis created the Spore games, with Will Wright as head designer. Will W. left EA to work on solo projects in 2009, "Stupid Fun Club" and then a TV show, but still is active.. just not with EA.
Sadly, though, they didn't make TSM. They didn't have anything to do with the latter half of The Sims 2 and Sims 3 at all, I wonder if they ever will.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/