Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 1:11 AM
Default Buying Baby Clothes
Who else is enjoying this new hack? Or if you haven't heard, Chris Hatch has now made it possible to buy and change clothes on babies in game. It's still very new but there are now three sets of clothes available over on MoonlightDragon and hopefully lots more soon. I hear we might even be able to add hats, dummies (paci's) and maybe hair as accessories at the mirror. I can't wait! I think people with a longer age hack will love this. I have a double ageing mod but it doesn't affect babies and this made me wish it did.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 1:19 AM Last edited by sweetbaby160 : 28th Sep 2012 at 12:46 PM.
could you please post a link? To be honest, this is the first I've heard of it, but sounds very exciting, there have been so many really fab creaters making really cool defaults for the babies but it's something of a pain to have to quit the game to switch them out if going from a household with a baby girl to a household with a baby boy..

EDIT: found the site alright, I'm a twit, pardon me...

Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 1:30 AM
Could you post a link? I for the life of me cannot find it, and it sounds awesome.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 1:31 AM
I can't find it either.... Clearly I'm not as good at searching through sims sites as I thought I was! :-D A link would be appreciated :-)
#5 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 1:31 AM
Chris Hatch is a genius in my book, but that's a lil bit of overkill for me personally. Toddlers are already bad enough if they age into those fur suits but having to worry about baby clothing as well? Too much hassle for an age stage that lasts 1 day for most babies in my game. Nice to know it's out there though.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:11 AM
Back Alley Sims. It's a very adult site, so perhaps better not to link it.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:27 AM
I only have the baby in a white blanket instead of in a diaper. I'm content with that.

Because I was curious I just googled moonlightdragon and found babyclothes on their freeforum. First link that popped up in Google. Is that from Back Alley Sims? Didn't look 'an adult site' to me, that moonlightdragon freeforum.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:29 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 28th Sep 2012 at 2:45 AM.
I use a hack that allows male and female babies to wear different outfits. I have male babies in a blue llama onesie and female babies in a pink and purple dress. More variety would be nice though.

I believe Back Alley Sims is down at the moment though, right?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjamsim2love
Didn't look 'an adult site' to me, that moonlightdragon freeforum.

That's because moonlightdragon.freeforums.org isn't Back Alley Sims.
Instructor
#10 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:50 AM
I downloaded off of here, some sleepers. Which is fine, now babies have a hat and clothes. The downside is you can only use one colour for all the babies. So, of course I pick yellow, general neutral. But it would be cool if someone was making clothes for babies. Perhaps, if it works out, I won't be wanting my little ones to grow up too quickly!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 3:41 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 28th Sep 2012 at 3:55 AM.
Chris Hatch's site is Back Alley Sims which is an 18+ site so I didn't provide a link. It's his mod that allows for buyable baby clothes. MoonlightDragon is a regular sim site with a lot of baby clothes made by Theraven. 3 sets so far have been converted to work with this new mod.-The owner is a member on here too. She has a direct link on her site to the mod for those who are under 18 or who don't want to join his site. http://moonlightdragon.freeforums.org/portal.php So you don't have to join or visit Back Alley Sims (kind of like Sexy Sims so not everybody's cup of tea)If you like baby clothes it's totally worth registering and being approved on MoonlightDragon. Gwenke is the one looking at the possibility of hats, paci's and hair being able to be changed around as an accessory. Babies without a mod should be 2-3 days, but like I said this is for people that enjoy babies and I know someone on here has Hat's or someone’s mod and has babies for something like 8 days or longer - I just can't remember her name...
Edit: After a bit of a hunt, I was thinking of Simsica.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 3:53 AM
I know I'm being spectacularly useless today, but can you tell me whereabouts on the moonlightdragon forum I can find the direct link to the mod?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 3:56 AM
Um I just linked to it? Its okay I have days like that too.

Once you get approved there is a recent topic box on the portal page and it has 'CH mod' That takes you right to the thread with the download link. You need both the teddy bear and set baby outfit files plus of course some converted baby clothes.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 4:05 AM
Sorry, I couldn't see it on the page! I got distracted by all the pretty pictures of baby clothes..... It probably doesn't help that it's 4am here and I've been awake for, oh, way too long :-D

Found it now, downloaded it and very excited about it! Thanks for mentioning it on here, otherwise it could've been months before I came across it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 4:08 AM
I saw a link posted on GOS's Best Finds thread the day it came out.

Here is a little sample. You can still keep any default baby clothes or hair you have in

She was born in this default. (This is her sister-but same outfit)

I changed her to this one first.

This one later. $25 per outfit.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 4:11 AM
So adorable! I do love my defaults, but these'll be great :-) I hope that many more outfits become available for it soon :-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 4:13 AM
I put in a request for the white T-shirts with cloth nappies(diapers lol) on her site. Those are currently my favourite summer time default clothes.
http://moonlightdragon.freeforums.o...more-t1073.html I think I'm next on the list of requests so hopefully those will be up soonish.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#18 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 4:22 AM Last edited by esmeiolanthe : 28th Sep 2012 at 4:22 AM. Reason: Too sleepy to remember what I wanted to say
I've started the registration process, but haven't been approved yet, so I can't download anything to try it out. But I'm looking forward to being able to try it out.

I'd bet that the site is currently inundated with new registration requests because of this shiny new hack. *nods wisely*

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
#19 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 4:56 AM
In a month or two i'll probably give in and download, but for now the power of "NO" is holding strong with me. Mostly because I have to go through and delete 12 gigs of sims 2 crap sitting in various folders around the computer. Those are worthy of squeeing over though.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#20 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 5:34 AM
I'm with you, SCD. As cute as the pics are are, and as amazing as the hack is, my Sims barely have the time to shop for or sew their toddlers' outfits...and toddlers are around a whole extra day. Plus, I kind of like the generic diapered baby look, with their chubby legs and bellies that are apparently begging to be raspberried.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 5:45 AM
Oooooh I want this but Im too lazy to sign up and wait to be approved lol.

Having trouble getting onto the Back Alley site though.

Does the hack come with the baby hair too?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 7:04 AM
Lol. The hair in the pics is a seperate download from MoonlightDragon. It's a genetic curly one so the baby is born with hair the correct colour. The hack only allows you to buy and plan what a baby wears. It does come with two outfits, but I wouldn't bother with those, the better outfits for it are on MoonlightDragon.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#23 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 10:31 AM
OH MY GOOOSH! This is so awesome! Made my day. moonlightdragon is one of my favorite sites, they make really cool baby stuff. Unfortunately babies are often ignored in the world of Sims 2 downloads!

eta - Ah man I forgot my password
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 11:36 AM
awesome, now that I have lots of babies arriving in my new town, I really did need some different outfits for the infants. Fortunately I am already a member over at moonlightdragon, didn't have to wait.

Thank you for posting this info, and requesting more baby stuff, joandsarah77 .
Forum Resident
#25 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
That's because moonlightdragon.freeforums.org isn't Back Alley Sims.

I understand that, Darby
But there seemed to be confusion over that. That's why I was mentioning it.
This moonlightdragon site just seemed a 'normal' site and a link to that could be placed here. You must however register to get anything from there and that can take up to two days. I'm too impatient for that. And I'm not the only one, apparently, looking at the other posts, haha.
I won't download it, although it really is beautiful stuff ánd I saw at least some is non default, which is a must for me.
Page 1 of 3