Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DumBrunette1012
my university doesn't work even after i got rid of all my hacks and uninstalled and reinstalled, help! i can get into the game and do stuff in buy mode but i can't play the clock in the left hand corner of the screen just doesn't start! i really need you help i have dieing to play and can't!

some help me i think i am gunna cry if no one does. :weep:
Advertisement
#52 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 7:49 PM
Please Help! Wud Be Much Apreciated =)
After installin sims university sucesfuly, i tried to get into a house, it loaded but was stuck on the screen, after restartin my computa i could get in2 the house but the clocks were froze and so were my sims. Iv read about other ppl havin the same problem, can anybody help me? Please! :confused: Thanx 4 your time!
Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nova-storm
ok I just need to know what I am donig I did not pick a University when I firts starter the new game. So now that I am ready to put some kids in the University
I can seem to fig out how to get to it?? Help

When you click on the neighborhood, in the preview before you go INTO the neighborhood, there is a little icon right below the preview pic. you can click on it and it will take you there. or in the neighborhood screen where you choose a house, look up at the top of the screen, and you will see the menu button. that will take you where you need to go, too. hope this helps!!
#54 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 6-loradelonge-9
After installin sims university sucesfuly, i tried to get into a house, it loaded but was stuck on the screen, after restartin my computa i could get in2 the house but the clocks were froze and so were my sims. Iv read about other ppl havin the same problem, can anybody help me? Please! :confused: Thanx 4 your time!

i am having the exact same problem. right now i am uninstalling and reinstalling, again, and hope to god it works because i am really upset about this!!!!!!!! :weep:
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 3:08 AM
Default University:Get Fresh Hot Help Here
Ok I am gonna give you a little example of wat happened to me. I had the Old version of the game Wich is as every knows>>>Sims 2. I also had tons of downloads with tsrenhancer that I had used for the Specter Family alterations. Well anway I went to install the Uni ontop of all that other Crap and everything seemed to turn out ok with my Downloading and all. So I open up the game to play it and was able to go into a University College and all. But when I tried to go back into the neighborhood to enter the Specter family household the game suddenly sent me a flash box indicating it was about to crash, and it did. So I decided to delete everything I downloaded that did not pertain to Sims 2 game directly and reinstalled the whole game entirely wich included Sims 2 and Sim2 Uni, but keep in mind that when I clicked on Unistall button for Sims 2 Windows wizard box pops up and warns me that I must first Uninstall Uni and than Sims2 verson so I did. When I attempted to install the Sims2 all over again Instead of that logo popping Up the University Expansion Pak logo box pops up. I just was so confused at that point.

So I just went along with the installation method cause I had no choice. The final outcome of all this >>>>>>>>>>>>it works out just find now, and Ive had no problems since. I tested different neigborhoods , households, and campus.So try this method out also and it just might work for you.
Test Subject
#56 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 3:18 AM
i cant go to classes
how do you go to your classes? Because the instruction book does not tell you but mentions classes constantly. even my little hints on the monitor tell me about classes but how do i attend one? and do assignments?

i can't even go to the final exam! :weep: :confused:

please please i begeth of you kind souls.
Test Subject
#57 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 3:20 AM
and.. in the booklet it tells me that happy sims will go to their classes automatically... but they don't
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 4:20 AM
Default just an idea
Um...if you click on your sim in the hour right before class starts you should get a menu about college or university or something like that. If you click on that you should get a choice to go to class. Same thing for doing an assignment.
Test Subject
#59 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 2:02 PM
there is a prima guide for the university and in theback there is a full Sims 2 Guide as well BEST BUY has it for 19.99 (louisiana)
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lumia
Hey people -

I didn't find anything concerning this. Here's the problem:

Yesterday I spent about 2 hours installing Universtiy (making sure I didn't have any hacks, updating all the new objects etc.) I followed step by step all the isntructions that were given in LJ-thesims2 and ModtheSims2.

I started playing and everything worked just fine, till I noticed that all my costum make up (except the one I created myself and that is located in the SavedSims folder) and the costum eye colours are gone. They won't show up in the game and bodyshop - although I transferred all the files into the Downloads folder.

Has anyone heard of similar problems / experienced that? My furniture seems to work, also my custom clothes etc are still showing up.

As I said, my self-created stuff is showing up, so I tried to move some of the eye-colours and make up from my Downloads folder into my SavedSims folder, but that didn't make any difference. Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem, someone over at LJ has the same thing happening.

Help is highly appreciated.

I had the same problem, and it was user related. I tried to update using SimPE, and because I was not familiar with the program, and there weren't any instructions on the use of the scan function and making the downloads EP ready, I completely SCREWED up my game. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled both the Sims 2 and the EP. I had backed up my downloads folder prior to the SimPE disaster (thank goodness!). I copied that downloads folder into my game, and it worked fine. I am slowly but surely finding all the content that will not work and deleting it. Does anyone have a comprehensive how-to on using SimPE for making my downloads EP ready. The batch thing changed EVERYTHING--including hair, makeup, eyes, etc. That is why they did not show up the first time after installing the EP. :howdy:

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Instructor
#61 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 6:46 PM
hi guys i have a problem and i hope you will help me

first of all i wanna thank you for all the explications given here....ok today i wa splayin with the sims 2 university..my sim was cookin for her husband and suddendly kitchen starts to burn....so the alarm was on and i thought fireman would arrive soon....no!he doesnt' i called him on the phone but nobody comes...and even the police with a thief doesnt come...why so?i have no hacks no recolours nothing just clothes,make up and hair with some mesh...but theres nothing wrong with it...i deleted all careers downloaded on this site...but i cant understand why fireman and policeman don t come.....i made a scan with SimPE and the clear installer and then at last with sim 2 pack scanner....but this last one gave me only 4 "hacks" wanna know what?
the cornocupia the snowman and the xmas tree.....help me
Test Subject
#62 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 12:30 AM
BUILD YOUR DESIRED DORM then open the cheat window (ctrl+shift+C) then enter "changelotzoning dorm" from the Prima Guide book
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#63 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 4:49 AM
Please post any questions you may have regarding the EP in the Sims 2 Help forum. Be sure to read a bit there first. your question may have been answered already.

Thread locked.

RG
Locked thread
Page 3 of 3