Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#351 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:40 PM
We're not talking about playground stuff, Juju, we're talking about the infant stuff (baby bouncy chair and baby gym)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#352 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 2:01 PM
what so the infant stuff is'nt inclueded with the game?!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#353 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 2:18 PM
I'm not happy about them not including the infant stuff in the game. When TSR said they removed that video because it might not be in the final game, I had a feeling it wasn't going to make the final cut, but I was still hoping. It's disappointing because I want to be able to do something with babies besides just having them lay in the crib all day.
Theorist
#354 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 2:32 PM
I'm more than just not happy. I'm very disappointed It was one of the main reasons I'm getting AL. I still hope they're keeping it as a secret, but from what I've learned from EAxis so far... I think it's more likely they didn't make the cut. It's a huge letdown.
Instructor
#355 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 2:44 PM
I'm totally with you, treeag. I too REALLY hope they didn't take the baby stuff out of AL. Especially if they are going to turn around and sell it in the store! >< Though there are a lot of things I am excited about in AL, the baby stuff was a really big want of mine. I know Eaxis probably thinks that since babies can't skill or anything yet, there is no reason to give them anything to do besides lay in their crib, but there are a lot of just plain fun things in the game as well (pets come to mind...they really have no point game-wise...they are there to add realism and fun to our sims' lives). Sim babies need fun things to do too! XD

Dream
Mad Poster
#356 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 2:46 PM
How can it not make the cut?! It's babies that lay on their back and make funny faces! I've seen the video back then and they didn't seem glitched to me. My guess is they are either in the pack but everyone's bound to secrecy or they are actually going to release them in a yet another EP. And then again there is still a possibility that they are keeping them and including them in Sims3. They did it with the birds, so I wouldn't be that surprised if they actually do that.
Theorist
#357 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 2:53 PM
I don't really see the reasoning behind the "keeping for TS3" theory. Stuff for TS2 cannot be put into TS3, just how stuff for TS1 isn't compatible with TS2, so they will have to recode everything for TS3 and maybe put a different texture more suitable for TS3 world. That is if they're being lazy for not making a new mesh altogether.

The only logical explanation (if they did take them out) for me is that they're making another EP or at least an SP focused on infants and toddlers...
Instructor
#358 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 4:13 PM
they confirmed this is the last Ep in one of the chat logs i read..however knowing them, there will be another SP or 2 before we hit ts3.....that being said i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they took it out to put it in the store from hell...

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Mad Poster
#359 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
I don't really see the reasoning behind the "keeping for TS3" theory. Stuff for TS2 cannot be put into TS3, just how stuff for TS1 isn't compatible with TS2, so they will have to recode everything for TS3 and maybe put a different texture more suitable for TS3 world. That is if they're being lazy for not making a new mesh altogether.

The only logical explanation (if they did take them out) for me is that they're making another EP or at least an SP focused on infants and toddlers...

Right now TS3 is full of TS2 items, and I doubt that the coding is that much different from Sims2. It's still meshes, joints, textures. And if they got that much and the animations right, there's not much work left to add in into TS3. Besides, SPs don't contain new animations and functions, and they said themselves that more EPs are not in their plans.
Alchemist
#360 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Wow, less than 20 days before we get to have it. I can't wait! And if there is one more EP after this, it would be about time to start announcing it in the leaflet, or at least in the leaflet it should tell us if this will be the final EP.

The AL chat said there were no plans for further EPs
Theorist
#361 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 5:26 PM
I don't recall seeing any TS2 items in TS3 AFAIK, coding is much more than just animations and meshes, it controls how an object behaves, how a sim interacts with it (motives, wants, yada yada) and whatnot. I believe it'll be very different, but then again I can be wrong and somebody more savvy than me probably can clear things up.

Meanwhile, animations are very easy to be put in SPs, a single object can contain an animation itself without much coding needed... I've extracted an object from a certain uninstalled EP of mine for my own personal use and it has its own animation, works just fine. We've seen it happens with Happy Holiday SP so I wouldn't surprised if they do come out with some SPs.

Yes I know they said no more EPs planned, but as of yet I still have my doubt. I think they're still waiting for TS3, whether it'll get delayed or something to decide if they'll make another EP. If they ended up having more EPs though, I believe it'll be a little late than usual if they haven't start working now.

So, saving them for the store/EP/SP still sounds a lot more logical than for TS3 to me. It just doesn't really make sense. Not to mention they have a whole different team dedicated for TS3...

Back on the topic (LOL), I REALLY hope they're not putting them on the store (eek). If they do, then it's only gonna make it even more obvious that they're milking cash from us. Sigh, still hoping for the best here, having them as a surprise in AL. A girl can dream...
Scholar
#362 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 5:47 PM
Quote:
I don't recall seeing any TS2 items in TS3 .

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! practicly almost all the items are reamde form TS2 seasons.,...yes...there are new items to...but in almost all the pics/videos you can see at least one seasons object in it
Theorist
#363 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 6:10 PM
Not kidding you. Maybe I am that observant..... I honestly didn't remember seeing any TS2 objects Maybe because I'm not interested in TS3 much, both graphic wise and feature wise. I'll end up getting it though, I believe, just for the sake of completing the collection. I'm pathetic, I know.
Alchemist
#364 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 7:15 PM
Yes, a lot of the objects in TS3 are remade TS2 stuff. Which is really kind of lazy, imo.
Sockpuppet
#365 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 8:34 PM
Like I've done with TS2, I'll wait for the 3rd TS3 EP before buying it !

I've got a lot of things to do with TS2 !

EDIT: Another Q&A
http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia...nevent#foreword
Theorist
#366 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 3:54 AM
So it just hits me, why out of all the fansites that have previewed AL, none of them dare to state whether the baby objects are gone or not? All of them chose not to talk about it at all although they know people are wondering. I smell something fishy here...
Scholar
#367 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 3:59 AM
ya i guess. personaly i really dont care. babies live for 2 days anyway... and once they hit toddler most of the time i boolprop them into kids so it dosnt make much of a diffrence to me.
its just a shame they had to lie to evryone like that
Theorist
#368 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 5:06 AM
But it's great for pics and stories, night racer
Instructor
#369 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:30 AM
Quote:
So it just hits me, why out of all the fansites that have previewed AL, none of them dare to state whether the baby objects are gone or not? All of them chose not to talk about it at all although they know people are wondering. I smell something fishy here...

Also a lot of the reviews say things like, "We couldn't cover it all, so there are more surprises in store!" so I am holding out hope that the baby stuff is in there and the reviewers are being told to stay mum about it.

Quote:
ya i guess. personaly i really dont care. babies live for 2 days anyway... and once they hit toddler most of the time i boolprop them into kids so it dosnt make much of a diffrence to me.

I personally play every stage it's full days alloted and often have my sims do things that aren't always the most efficient way to "win" the time management game because I like to make up stories about them and not everything is about skilling or skipping "boring" parts. Little items like baby bouncers and gyms just add that much more to my play style because babies in real life like those things.

I have some custom baby objects that are nicely done, but they don't make noises and some of the animations are weird as is to be expected since no new animations were made for them. I think it's nice to have Maxis stuff where there are noises and lights and animations and everything to complete the object.

Dream
Sockpuppet
#370 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 11:43 AM
Well, it's true no article talk about the "brush their teeth" feature !

And that's why, there was 2 chats, because there is a lot of new interactions !
Lab Assistant
#371 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 1:18 PM
I was reading the article mentioned above. This line caught my eye "With each new expansion, EA makes sure the packs work well together." I thought it would give you guys a laugh.
Alchemist
#372 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
I was reading the article mentioned above. This line caught my eye "With each new expansion, EA makes sure the packs work well together." I thought it would give you guys a laugh.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry lol
Theorist
#373 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 2:50 PM
Don't they work well together? I think they do
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#374 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:16 PM
In terms of updating the functionality of objects is where EA fails to do, especially with SP's.

I, too, am very upset that EA removed the baby stuff. There is literally almost nothing else to do with babies other than feed them, bath them or change their diapers, interact with them which is only a couple of things to choose from, and put them in the crib or on the floor. And that's it! This needs to be changed.

EDIT: A few more fan event articles posted at Snooty's!
Sockpuppet
#375 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:25 PM
Don't be afraid, I think the fansites were too focused on the apartment, playground and witch features, they missed the baby stuff !
Page 15 of 19