Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 10:58 AM
Default Uploading uninteresting faces
Is having a unique face still a requirement here? I'd like to upload my own creation but all facial sliders are set to 0 (part of keeping file size low) and screenshots are limited (since I don't have my gaming pc anymore). I didn't even consider uploading until recently when someone else uploaded a sim based on her without crediting me.

And no I won't upload a generic sim - she has lots of progress to offer.
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 11:48 AM
Hi there,
The point of "uniqueness" is to distinguish from sims that could be made by randomising a sim or a sim made from the presets of facial features. If you've sculpted your sim with sliders, even if the face isn't particularly "interesting", as long as it is not like the preset or randomised EA looking kind of sims, then hopefully it should be okay.
To be honest I'm not really sure what having all sliders set to 0 means, as that can have very different effects depending on what slider it is. But if you mean a kind of neutral face with no particularly extreme features, I think that should be alright.

Regarding the screenshots, to upload your sim you will need to provide some good quality screenshots, for a sim I think the least needed is a close up of the face in a well lit in game room, rather than in CAS.

A better place to ask if your creation is okay to upload would be the creator feedback forums if you're able to change your sim if needed, or the creator issues forum, where staff can respond with more accurate info and advice
Providing what screenshots you have of the sim will be helpful there too.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 12:30 PM
I'm not sure if your sim would be accepted or not, only a moderator or admin would be able to answer you there, which is why the creator issues would be a better place to post.

Though, another thing to consider is if it's worth uploading your sim. If the only reason you want to, is that someone uploaded a sim based on her without giving credit, it might be better to ask them to give you credit or even report their post if you feel you've been ripped off there?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 1:03 PM
All uploaded sims must be unique, and that does not require sliders. If you want to know what the upload requirements are then take a look at the Creator Guidelines. The image you provided looks like a standard bin sim to me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 1:11 PM
Well, she's unique in that she comes with all the skills/rewards etc the game has to offer. But if you're only interested in appearance ...
Tartan McBadgerface
#7 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 4:14 PM
An unedited base or bin sim or minimally edited one would not be accepted. Unlike in real life, the sim's personality and skills doesn't really come into it as these can easily be set or changed on any sim, while the creation of a unique looking sim is more of a challenge. Otherwise, someone could upload an entirely unedited base sim with an enthralling story about how they saved a family of dogs from a well. The story and the personality might be great, but it doesn't mean that the sim is
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 4:57 PM
I don't thank skill challenges can be completed on the fly (most of them have their own requirements). Besides, I wouldn't call her unedited, it's just that those edits consist of removing every unneccessary byte and then finding some acceptable base game (same look for everyone) outfits. Or in short: creating a super sim in the smallest file possible.

Do you want me to post all her accomplishments while you decide if they can easily be added?
Tartan McBadgerface
#9 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 5:04 PM
Career and skill achievements can be added with testing chests or an external mod like Nraas. It's awesome that you've played your sim through to achieve things with her, however, we like the majority of sim upload sites, approve sims based on their appearance. That doesn't mean that the sim has to be conventionally pretty or beautiful, but when downloading a sim, the vast majority of downloaders go for appearance, because personality can be set and achievements can be unlocked as they play (or cheat, if they wish).

Appearance will always be what we assess sim uploads on, so achievements wouldn't come into it. We view sliders set to 0 as unedited, regardless of hair, makeup and clothing choices.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 5:43 PM
One last try before I give up on this Model The Sims site:

Which cheats/mods can add those stats to your sim?

And btw, wouldn't you find it nice having a sim who already accomplished/unlocked everything instead of creating one (using mods)?
Tartan McBadgerface
#11 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 5:54 PM
The skill and career cheats can add several of these and Nraas mods can add all of them.

Unedited (by way of in-game sliders, custom sliders aren't necessarily required) bin or pudding sims from any version of the game won't be approved, even if they have more career and skill accolades than Barbie has accrued since 1959.

Our guidelines.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 6:30 PM
I think the point is that what makes each sim unique is their face (possibly also bodyshape with TS3/4). Clothes, skills, personality and other things can be set in other ways, or achieved. Why would you want to start out with a sim with a perfect skillset? There's little else to do with them, then.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 6:58 PM
You could add her to your household as an overpowered butler.

I guess the reason Carl's site accepted my upload is because you see the title first there and not any faces. Besides someone else already uploaded an earlier (pre-GEN) version of such a sim on that site back then.

On this site I would have provided you with all relevant achievement details.
Tartan McBadgerface
#14 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 7:02 PM
Carl's site isn't primarily known as a download site, so their rules will be different for uploads. There isn't much use in debating this any further as the sim wouldn't be approved here for the reasons outlined above.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 7:04 PM
Not only that, but I'd wager that for a lot of people, having everything already completed would take out some of the "magic" so to speak. Half the fun in something like The Sims is playing and figuring out things for yourself. Having unique looking Sims isn't because MTS wants you to pass some unreachable beauty standard. It's so that people can appreciate what work went into creating them instead of what you did with them personally with skills and whatnot.

Also, there's not guarantee that once someone downloaded it that they wouldn't just wipe all of that away anyway. I know that would sound devastating, but it's just the nature of downloading Sims. People most often download them because they have a specific use for them in particular. Having unique features encourages people to download because they can appreciate it more. It's not a question of good looking. Just "unique".

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: asked a& answered