Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 7:33 AM
Incredibly awesome and simple to follow tutorial!!!!!!

Thanx a lot for your time and for sharing your knowledge
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 8:26 PM Last edited by littleminnie1000 : 17th Oct 2007 at 8:34 PM. Reason: I've discovered the answer!
Default Awesome tutorial but I'm a but stoopid!
Hey HystericalParoxysm, thanks so much for this tutorial, its awesome and especially good as I really want to delve into the creating pot with full vigour! But, I've managed to hit a brick wall at great speed; no matter how many times I try, after I've gone through the part in Homecrafter when you write a description etc and confirm that you want to import it into your game, I can never find the finished project in any section nor in my game itself, 'tis quite frustrating you see. Its sort of snubbed my desire to create seeing as I can't even get a wall to work If anyone has any ideas I would be so grateful, I'm certain that I've followed all the points down to every last detail but nothing is working as of yet.

littleminnie1000

[EDIT!!] I'm officially the biggest fracking idiot ever, please disregard the above post, I've got it sorted. Again, thanks for the uberly cool tutorial!
Test Subject
#153 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 7:16 AM
Wow!!! Such great tutorial you've got there, and so easy to follow.
Looking forward to doing more tuts here at MTS2...

Hope I'd be able to upload my works here... someday! >.<

Thanks so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 2:56 AM
This was very easy to follow, thank you!

www.spazshare.com Free image hosting Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I feel like a banana.
Test Subject
#155 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 4:51 AM
Uhm.........
Uhm.... Is homecrafter ONLY for windows a.k.a. pc? 'Cause I have a mac os 9.

If I had 3 wishes, I would want a 3 story home, $10,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,
and three more wishes.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 12:15 AM
check on the ea site....that's where you find homecrafter... they MUST have a mac compatable version
Field Researcher
#157 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 4:01 AM
This is a great tutorial. Except that I made my template thing but i don't understand how to get it into Homecrafter. I have it downloaded and everything I know you're supposed to create new wall coverings-add (+) i don't have a subfolder Home Crafter Plus in my projects folder. Do I create one or did i install it wrong?

Playing since 2004.
“Marsh's Sim Shit” —Sims, challenges/legacies, stories, lots, and edits (updated March 2020)
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 3:11 AM
I just looked through all these posts to make sure this hasn't already been answered and i want to check something. Since walls have to be resized to be used for mac users also. Can't we just start it at that size? Or does it have to be made in the original size and then saved at the different height when it's completed?
Test Subject
#159 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 4:56 AM
Much thanks HP ^^.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#160 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 7:33 AM
starwyn - the reason for the sizing issues and the recommendation to do it one size and then scale it down - is scaling. If you design the wallpaper at the shorter size - then it will be 'stretched' when it goes on the walls - it might not matter for some designs, but for others it definitely will look stretched.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 8:17 AM
[Quote]You must first resize your walls to 256x512 before saving as a .bmp. Walls at 256x768 (or ANY other sizing except 256x512) will show as grey for Mac users, though they'll work fine for PC users. Please resize before saving so your walls work correctly for everyone.[Quote]

What i mean is can we make the wall at 256x512 or do we have to make it at 256x768 and then resize it? Wouldn't it make the wall look squashed if we resize it to 512 after the wall is made? I'm a bit confused.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#162 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 9:00 AM
starwyn - The actual aspect ratio of the wall used in game is 256x768 so you should build your walls at that size so your graphics look correct. However, the actual texture size used by the game is 256x512 and if you don't resize to that size before importing, your walls will just look grey for Mac users. The game stretches that 256x512 graphic over the whole wall though - so though you lose a little detail in resizing, your actual textures will show up in the right place and won't look stretched.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#163 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 3:21 PM
umm im trying to download paint.NET and you said to download the 49.1 versions because it includes .NET 2.0 but i cant find it under downloads just 3.10 and 3.20 please tell me how to get 49.1 please!

Saltine crackers must rule the earth!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#164 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 2:23 AM
redautumn - we cannot be responsible for the regular changes over at paint.net. Go find a current version and follow whatever directions are on site to make sure you can run it. You might have to download .NET 2.0 also.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 7:57 PM
Very nice tutorial!
I have a quick question - can this tutorial and other endeavors such as recolouring clothing, skinning, and object recolours be done in Adobe Photoshop Elements (the lastest edition)? I'm not familiar enough with that program to know whether it has the required tools. I don't have it yet, but I might be getting it. Thanks!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#166 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 2:59 AM
bbear - no idea. If photoshop elements supports 'layers' then you ought to be able to do many of the things most of the tutorials go through (with your own learning of the program)

Test Subject
#167 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 3:30 AM
Default creating flooring tile
How would you make your flooring tile shinny? I would love to have shinny wood flooring.

Stonekeeper
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#168 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 7:22 AM
That's a special... hacked object - a shiny floor. You lay it over the flooring you have

Test Subject
#169 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 11:17 PM
Default shiny floors
Where would I find it at ? and what is it called ? I loved these floors when I saw them. I forgot if it was on here or a site. Thank you for you imformation on this.

Stonekeeper
Test Subject
#170 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 7:29 PM
It seems as though Homecrafter doesn't load every Maxis wall; why is that?

I'm specifically looking for a particular Maxis brick wall, and it (as well as many other Maxis walls) is not showing up in Homecrafter.

Any ideas?
Test Subject
#171 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:08 AM
when i get up to resizing for the sencond time i can't find how, i use GIMP as the graphics design thing :\

can anyone help?

Those who run and hide away live to die another day
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#172 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 1:22 AM
milka - Gimp book - online - free -- it's for an older version of gimp, but if that doesn't help, try looking on the web for general gimp tutorials.

http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/

Lab Assistant
#173 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 6:02 PM
Thank you so much for this tutorial! I've been wanting to make some new walls and this is great.

Lord let me live this day so that if I found it was my last I would have lived it no differently.

"It's the simple things in life you treasure."
Test Subject
#174 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 12:27 PM
ty so much :]

Those who run and hide away live to die another day
Test Subject
#175 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 2:47 AM
Paint.net will not let me open 2 at once. I open it then click on the shortcut again and my old window came up. Any way you know how to fix this problem???
Page 7 of 16