Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 12:46 AM
Default Sleeping Spot
Did anyone figure out a way to fix the sleeping spot blocking path issue?
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 1:01 PM
My Sims is very sluggish now too since I installed Pets. I was very thorough with the process of updating mods and clearing caches before installing and I also started a new neighbourhood (Appaloosa Plains). But now I have this slowing down all the bloody time. Short stalls comparable to when a sim is going to change outfit and the pc needs some time to load the next. But then every minute or so and sometimes more. My pc has no problem running Skyrim on the highest settings and I cant believe that The Sims would demand more. I havent tried one of the older neighbourhoods yet, maybe they work better.
I just dont know anymore where to look. All I can imagine is that all other sims and animals have the same routing issues as my sim on my horse has :/ Maybe this has something to do with this. I also see a lot of stuck errors coming along (msg from one of the Twallan mods) The bad routing is my other petpeeve with Pet. I wish they took some time to fix that.
Scholar
#28 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 3:54 PM
For the record, Mithrak, my computer breezes through Skyrim and freaks the hell out at Pets. And no, I don't know why.

Are you using Ellacharm3d's routing-fixed worlds? http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=1515002 She patched a bunch of the big holes sims get stuck in.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Scholar
#29 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 5:30 PM
I think it's Appaloosa plains doing it, because Sunset Valley, Riverview and Barnacle Bay still work pretty good. Hidden Springs is fine, too and, come to think of it, so is TwinBrook. It makes sense that it would be Appaloosa Plains freaking the game out. Appaloosa plains has all the regular spawners, and then there are the huge amounts of deer, wild horses and other, minor pet spawners. The other towns don't have as many, if any at all.

EDIT: I do admit that the game still lags in the other towns, but it's because I run my game on full settings, and I have a lot of mods. I'm just glad it doesn't crash often.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
#30 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:42 PM
The other neighborhoods have deer, wild horses, and minor pet spawners, too.

Scholar
#31 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 8:58 PM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 7th Mar 2012 at 5:12 AM. Reason: I finished my rant.....for now
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
For the record, Mithrak, my computer breezes through Skyrim and freaks the hell out at Pets. And no, I don't know why.

Are you using Ellacharm3d's routing-fixed worlds? http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=1515002 She patched a bunch of the big holes sims get stuck in.

Thanks for the tip
And it is great that the players come to the rescue of another bad new neighbourhood released by EA Im just getting tired of having to dread everything new that is coming from EA. How will they mess up my game this time?

Ive tried playing in Sunset Valley. It went fine for a while, but became choppy again after a few sim weeks. It is definately not my graphics card, because the fps stays high with many sims/animals on the screen. It just the tiny freezing all the time that gets to me. Also the stupid routing issues are annoying the hell out of me. Any time my sim drops actions from the queue because of a routing issue I lose over a sim hour. It is becoming ridiculous.
I dont understand why horses need that much space to turn in the first place. There is clearly room enough and still they start to move backwards in that stupid way. Same for when your sim wants to play with a pet using a toy. It is just like with toddlers. You see there is enough room, but still the action gets cancelled because according to the game there is a lack of room.
Imo EA really dropped the ball with Sims 3. Im completely done with this. Im tired of seeing every expansion pack adding more issues to the already existing pile glitches/bugs/retarded mechanics. They even do what they can to destroy any mod that makes the game actually fun.

Raaaahhh! Hm, sry for the rant. Have a

EDIT : Ellacharm3d's fixed Appaloosa worked for me. Thanks again for the tip and thanks Ellacharm3d for the fix!
Scholar
#32 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:13 AM
Honestly, I think the game is "leaky" somehow. It always seems to be drawing on resources it shouldn't need. Because no, there is zero reason Skyrim on max graphics should run better on the same computer than Sims 3 Pets on low graphics. And yet it does.

Instructor
#33 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Honestly, I think the game is "leaky" somehow. It always seems to be drawing on resources it shouldn't need. Because no, there is zero reason Skyrim on max graphics should run better on the same computer than Sims 3 Pets on low graphics. And yet it does.

I have a pretty old computer, and am saving up to replace it, but Skyrim runs beautifully on my computer. The sims? I feel like it's a bomb constantly ready to go off. If it isn't constantly lagging, it's crashing randomly. If I make a family in any neighborhood but Riverview I get the error 12 save error every two times I try to save. It's a nightmare. And the trouble started with Pets.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:20 AM Last edited by DigitalSympathies : 5th Mar 2012 at 3:20 AM. Reason: Grammar Police, Punctuation and Spacing Division
For me, I can run Skyrim, Metro 2033 and BF3 all on max settings. My computer is of moderate age, six years old, but has the latest and greatest of everything so it doesn't matter. TS2, some lag but then again I have more CC than 99% of other people who play it (around 150 GB or 110,000 packages). Sims 3? My computer starts to groan like when I try to render a seriously huge file in Vegas. 113 package files, and I take them out, and still it lagggggssssssss. Custom worlds? After a while, yes. I was playing Bridgeport and it ran just fine until my second time booting it up. It took around two hours to actually load it to the playable screen and just walking was so laggy that it didn't even *bother* to move the screen. It just stayed frozen and played the sounds and to go to map view where I could see everything rendered perfectly took around 20 minutes. So I boot up a fresh Sunset Valley, and not only does the problem follow me there, it gets WORSE. Sigh.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#35 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:59 PM
My game is slowing down again. The weird minifreeze every 30 sim minutes has popped up again. I thought it was fixed after installing Ellacharm3d Appaloosa routing fix and it worked as smoothly as before Pets for a while. Untill now. I havent changed anything since applying that fix. I'm still running the game on 1.31 and only use Twallan's mods. I'm also very thorough when updating the game, a reset town, saving, remove mods , delete caches, update and then put back updated mods etc. I also don't get any Errortrap errors.
I'm fairly experienced with tweaking games for performance and rarely have problems with games unless its a known bug. I'm at a loss now. To me it feels as if Pets broke my game. I can't pin down the thing that slows my game down in this weird way. It is definately not a fps issue, but something is stalling my game every few seconds.
I'm tired of jumping through hoops to make this game enjoyable.
Alchemist
#36 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 1:00 AM
I'm in the same boat as you, mithrak. I've used the routing fixes for worlds, but I get freezes every Sim hour in any neighborhood after I've played it for less than a full generation. Like you, I'm not getting error messages from Error trap, I reset the town when things get laggy, but nothing helps. This problem started with Pets. I never had this issue before in any town, and now I have it in every town since installing Pets.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 1:06 AM
Got the same issues as you, except for in the new world that came with Showtime.

I run no scripts/mods/cc/whatever. Just vanilla. Goddamn annoying.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#38 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 1:41 AM
I think that's a pretty good sign that it's coming from the EA side if things, Ive...

I'm joining the lag monster club as well. I can't even start a new world without it. Usually a fresh new world will at least run smoothly for a little while. Not any more.

Do we actually have to uninstall pets just to get our games back?

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 3:05 AM
I forgot to mention tho, I had this issue before pets. Got it after Generations.
Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 5:55 AM
Same problem here Ive, been lagging bad since Gen. However, I get extra bad lag in neighborhoods/families with horses for whatever reason. Whenever I try to play a family with a horse the game stutters so bad it becomes unplayable on big, complicated hoods like Los Aniegos. As soon as I purge the horses it plays fine.
Instructor
#41 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 6:03 AM
Well, horses have notorious routing issues, always getting stuck in places, backing up, etc. I imagine if that's going on all around the city, that could be an issue!!

Perhaps I'll try a neighborhood with no horses, see how that works.

Alchemist
#42 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 2:23 PM
I've tried using Nraas Register mod to disallow all the wild animals, horses, deer, strays, and it hasn't helped me at all, sad to say. I still get the freezing after about halfway through the first generation.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 12:06 AM
Yeah I have actually gotten this myself, doesn't always happen but it's usually some hours within the game. Although right now my graphics card is apparently going to stop working soon, I don't know when but I can't play games really on it, however I don't think that's what caused Sims 3 Pets to do it since it seems like a common occurrence for everyone. I don't even run mods (They started to annoy me with the non working and such).

Difference is Skyrim hates me, like Fallout did on my old computer aleast once a day, maybe twice after some hours of playing Skyrim it would crash to the desktop with no warning at all. Because I experienced this crap with Fallout on my old computer, and my NEW as in TWO years! shouldn't be doing this so Skyrim remains untouched since like November-December.. Yeah pretty much after I bought it because I could not be bothered. Although I heard Skyrim players have all had the same problem though so might have not been just me..

But now both games and all I can't play >.> Until I get a stupid new graphics card. So yeah Sims 3 Pets does the same, not all of the time and mostly in the hoods I have been playing for a while.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:50 PM
I found a quick fix for mine. Reset sim works in the other neighbourhoods (don't have problems in Starlight Shores) so I guess it's some stuck sim somewhere.
Instructor
#45 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 6:08 PM
I wonder if using "resetsim *" will mess up story progression? If you're lagging a lot and enter it in, does that mean that all sims, including those at work/school get sent home? Will it mess up job/school performance across your entire town?

But, I guess if it helps the lag... Anything is better than the lag!

Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 6:23 PM
Hehe, luckily I don't play with story progression
Alchemist
#47 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 6:26 PM
Yeah, if you reset sim, it's best to do it when everyone isn't at school/work. I like to do it around 6am. But it's only a temporary solution at best. If your town has routing issues and Sims are stuck in places, reseting them unsticks them, but the lags will start again eventually as the routing issues trap more Sims.
In my case, resetting didn't even temporarily help. The freezes I've been getting since Pets don't seem to be from routing issues/stuck Sims. Twallan's Overwatch also now checks for stuck Sims and resets them. I get a few messages about stuck Sims, but not enough to be causing lag. And the freezes every Sim hour keep happening no matter what I do, sad to say.
Instructor
#48 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 6:37 PM
Ugh, that sucks, Cali...

I've tried the overwatch thing, too, and it just seems to add even more lag.

Evidently this game is just not designed to play for long periods of time in the same town. Which one would think is the POINT of the game.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
Evidently this game is just not designed to play for long periods of time in the same town. Which one would think is the POINT of the game.

That's not the case at all, I've been playing a custom world I made for 22 sim weeks/ 5 Generations with no problems. My daughter has been playing a custom world I made for several generations, too.

If I get lag it's usually due to a single sim or horse being stuck somewhere silly (like in a hedge) so resetting that sim will fix it. This happens very seldom though.

I have Twallan's register mod and I used that to reduce the number of Wild horses to 2, as I found that 4 horses (the default amount) just congregated and got stuck in everything. Two seems more manageable- you can see the horses galloping around and drinking from lakes, but there aren't enough of them to routefail in silly places!

From my experience, I have found that having an under powered computer can cause lag in a world. What will happen is that sims will fail in their tasks and become unroutable. I noticed this a lot on my old computer, although I found that careful use of mods can help. For example, with Story Progression make the progression intervals longer, restrict the sim population, limit the number of immigrants, babies and 'push' actions.

Which worlds are you all using? It could be that some lagging is caused by bad routing, so that's worth looking in to.
Instructor
#50 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:40 PM
It could very well be my computer. I'm playing on a two year old laptop, though at the time it was purchased it was top of the line!

I've been playing in Harmony, which I believe is a medium sized world. I do notice that i get the popup for people who are late/missing work somewhat frequently. I'm only in the middle of a 3rd generation...

I like your idea about lowering the number of wild horses, I'm going to do that right now for the next world I'm in. I also didn't think about making intervals longer. Which "segments" do you recommend the most as far as the ones that contribute most to lag?

Page 2 of 4