Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 1:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural
WA glitched beyond repair?
I've never had issues traveling with WA before but all of a sudden the game despises me.

My sim and her roommate went to Egypt, made a small fortune exploring tombs, and when it was time to go home, My sim pulls up to the house alone. No roommate.... and also no UI. Nothing was clickable, there were no menus, no nothing. It was as if the whole user interface was just...gone!

I am not getting any clones and my sims arent invisable. There are no empty boxes in the wants, as there are no wants, icons, bars, anything. I can still use the keyboard to open the cheat interface (only way to close the game!), speed up or slow down time, and move around the screen, but my sim seems content to go on with her life without me or her roomie! Am I going to have to reinstall my game and purge my save files? I've put a lot of time into this family!

Ive seen some people say that you shouldnt save while on vacation. This is all well and good for those who havent left yet, but what about people who already have? Is there any way to -fix- this issue?

so far ive gone through all the 'fixes' suggested in the FAQ short of deleting my whole save file and starting over.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 2:40 AM
You've tried ErrorTrap too, and that didn't help?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 12:35 AM
error trap? cant say i heard of that o_o

please elaborate! if itll help ill try almost anything!
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 2:13 PM
Error Trap is a mod from twallan, find it here:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap

Make sure to use the one the corresponds to your patch level.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 2:57 AM
ok so the trap at least told me WHAT the problem was, even if it didnt solve it. Apparently the roommate is broken. >_<

im gonna just start this family over. But just so I know, does this happen often when multiple sims go on vacation together? If so, im sending people solo from now on.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 5:21 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
Didn't get Traveler and DebugEnabler? Details in the wiki.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Didn't get Traveler and DebugEnabler? Details in the wiki.

I followed the instructions and it not only deleted the problem sim altogether but it also started deleting every sim in every house I tried to play after that. I give up. This thing is fried. thanks for trying guys but its so badly damaged now that starting over is all i got.