Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 11:39 PM
Default Installing to wrong directory...
All my files are going to ...documents/ea games/downloads. The sims2 has been cut out of the path. And it won't let me reset it, or I'm too stupid to see where I can change it.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 2:17 AM
You can edit the S2PCI.ini file (in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer folder) using Notepad and set the save game path. Just change:
SaveGamePath=
to:
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\<userid>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"
or whatever your actual save game path is. Note that you need to specify the full path, starting with the drive letter.

After that, the default should always be correct.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st May 2014 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
You can edit the S2PCI.ini file (in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer folder) using Notepad and set the save game path. Just change:
SaveGamePath=
to:
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\<userid>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"
or whatever your actual save game path is. Note that you need to specify the full path, starting with the drive letter.

After that, the default should always be correct.

Hi,

I've got that problem too and I tried to fix it by the way Mootilda described. But when I wanted to save the changes I made, it said "access denied". Does anybody know a solution?
I hope that someone can help me.

Greetings
glibber
Site Helper
#4 Old 21st May 2014 at 10:44 PM
You probably have to turn off UAC (user access control) temporarily. Microsoft has decided to protect you against yourself, which is really frustrating.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd May 2014 at 1:09 PM
Thank you very much for your help. It works perfectly now

glibber