Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 5:03 AM Last edited by Sims99Fanatic : 17th Dec 2012 at 5:16 AM.
Default Which cereals are better?
I think Kellogg and General Mills are good if you want to be healthy and not sacrifice taste especially General Mills on the taste and health. Post is good to indulge. I really love my cereal (like Jerry Seinfeld) I'll eat almost anything except for grape nuts and corn flakes because they just don't taste right to me. Also not a big fan of Fiber One. I generally don't consider health as a determining factor in buying cereals (but probably should) I go more by taste. One cereal I really miss very much is Blueberry Morning, a cereal that I can't find in stores anymore but was very popular in the 90's. So I wonder to anyone who likes cereal or loves it like me. Which are your favorite cereal companies (or brands) and why do you think they're better than the rest.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 5:14 AM
It's really just a Coke vs. Pepsi argument. They're all pretty much the same with minor differences (specialty cereals). As for me, I go for the generic Kroger stuff, because I am poor and hungry.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 8:03 AM
My new personal favorite is Krave. It's chocolate inside some sort of crust-like substance. It's really good.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 12:22 PM
Newman's Own has a line of less sugar (no corn syrup) and more or all whole grain cereal that is basically a sweet bran flake called 'Sweet Enough' . They're delicious! I also enjoy Kashi's Go Lean Crunch line which is also made of wholesome ingredients and less sugars. I figure, why waste your calories? You may as well get something good for them. These cereals satisfy my grain cravings and provide good nutrition too. I tend to favor almond milk over them.

Steel cut oats are also a wonderful cereal, any time of the year and served multiple ways. My favorite is with brown sugar, raisins, and walnuts. I never put milk on oatmeal.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 12:48 PM
Corn flakes. The simpler the better. Don't like cocoa, fruits, or sugary cereals.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 12:51 PM
I like cereals that have marshmallows in them.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 1:39 PM
I have Special K (kellogs) every morning with soya milk and a coffee, it's ok tasting, but i only eat it because it's healthy. If i had my choice it would be Sugar Puffs or Coco Pops!

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 2:25 PM
I like the Special K flavored cereals like the almond honey cluster one, or strawberry. I've never tried plain Special K but I'm sure I'd like it. Oh and I almost forgot about hot cereal. I love Quaker oatmeal.
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 5:07 PM
Crunchy Nut... Best. Cereal. EVER.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 5:52 PM
C1000 own brand 'special flakes' (yeah I have no idea what makes them special), with random fruits chopped up and mixed in. Dirt cheap and tasty, with no icky over-sweetened fruit.

Though every now and then I piss away an extra 60c on chocolate special flakes. I might do that this week, actually... it is almost Christmas...

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Helptato
#11 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
C1000 own brand 'special flakes' (yeah I have no idea what makes them special), with random fruits chopped up and mixed in. Dirt cheap and tasty, with no icky over-sweetened fruit.

Though every now and then I piss away an extra 60c on chocolate special flakes. I might do that this week, actually... it is almost Christmas...

Special flakes...that's like our Tesco selling a "extra tasty chicken" from the hot counter. I keep asking what makes it extra tasty!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 10:42 PM
Cheerios. Not too bland. Not too crazy.
I tried Kashi's Go Lean Crunch once. The rock hard clumps of cereal almost broke my jaw. I had to smash apart the clusters into smaller pieces with my spoon. Had fun cleaning up the splashed milk. -.-
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 11:39 PM
I like Lucky Charms :-D But here they cost about £8 for a box.... :-( So I don't get them very often. I like Kellogg's Fruit & Fibre and Oat So Simple, especially the honey and almond one and the golden syrup one. I don't eat much cereal though. Occasionally as a snack in the evening, especially when it's cold and I need the calories to keep me warm whilst I'm asleep!
Helptato
#14 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 11:59 PM
I like Cheerios and Shreddies (especially chocolate!)

I don't eat much cereal though.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 12:09 AM
I find it ironic how breakfast is considered the most important (and nutritious) meal of the day, and yet most cereals advertised to kids have lots and lots of sugar in them. Though, guilty as charged; that's the only reason I'd bother to eat it! Mmmm, dem mono-saccharides...

Oh, and Kellogs' Frosted Flakes = deliciousness.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Theorist
#16 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 1:24 PM
My favorite cereal is Froot Loops. I don't really eat cereal that much though, except sometimes in the evening as a snack like lauratje86 does. I go for yoghurt, fruit, waffles and various pastries for breakfast instead, if I have time.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Forum Resident
#17 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 2:54 PM
Cheerios, Crunchy Nut, Honey Loops, Special Flakes from Lidl/Aldi, and Frosted Shreddies if I'm in the mood for something really sugary.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Forum Resident
#18 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 3:16 PM
Honey Corn Flakes and Honey Stars all the way.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 3:23 PM
Trix and Cinnamon toast crunch!!!
Banned
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 6:57 AM
I can't get enough of Life cereal. The plain kind, not the cinnamon or any other flavor. That's one of my favorites.
Instructor
#21 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 7:49 AM
I've been on a Honey Nut Cheerios kick lately. It does say it Can lower choloresteral you know. Guilty pleasure would be CapnCrunch, but I haven't had that in over five years. It's funny though, grocery stores purposely put 'children's' cereal at a child's eye level, so that the kid sees them, and says I want that!
Instructor
#22 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 7:15 PM
My lord, I miss cereal.

Being a diabetic I have to avoid all the good ones and what's left is hardly noteworthy.

I used to love Cookie Crisp, Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Puffs, Lucky Charms and Clusters, to name a few.

I also adored Cocoa Pebbles but when my nephew was five he ate a bowl, then promptly threw it up - I swear to you ten times more came back up than he ever actually got down - and since that time I can't help but wince when I look at a box, even seventeen years later.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 1:53 AM
Forum Resident
#24 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 3:29 AM
I have been known to consume extravagant amounts of raisin nut bran. I don't even know why I like it so much. But whatever. It's a good source of fiber, and whatever makes my poop happy makes me happy too.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 7:33 AM
Rice krispies with milk for the win
Page 1 of 2