Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 1:03 AM
Default pack/aspiration associations
this thread is to be about which Aspiration is best associated with each pack.

mine (pack/packs; aspiration/aspirations)::
University; Knowledge
Nightlife; Pleasure
Open For Business; Fortune
Pets; Family, Knowledge
Seasons, Bon Voyage, Freetime, Apartment Life; not sure.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 1:11 AM
Apartment Life I imagine could be Popularity, with roommates and reputation and social groups and those sorts of things.

FreeTime adds benefits for all aspirations. So I don't think I can associate it with just one main one.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 1:30 AM
Freetime: Pleasure
Bon Voyage: Knowledge (knowledge sims often want to meet Bigfoot)
Seasons: I'd say Family, since a lot of the weather based activities (water balloon fight, snowball fight) are cute activities for families to do, but of course you can do them with friends too
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 2:20 AM
Nightlife is totally Romance. XD
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 5:07 AM
Let's see, my picks would be:
University: Knowledge for the studying, Popularity for the Greek Houses and the Secret Society and the 'Big Sim' memory (the one if you max out the influence meter)
Nightlife: Pleasure because they were introduced there and because they like to just have fun, Romance for the dating options and attraction system, also kind of Popularity for the outings and meeting new people. Knowledge sims get to be a vampire.
Open For Business: mostly Fortune because making money, Knowledge maybe because of new things to learn (why did Knowledge never got the lifetime wish to earn 4 golden badges or something?), Family because work-at-home possibilities
Pets: Family because new kind of family members, honestly that's the only aspiration that gets a lot of stereotypical stuff out of this pack, you can sell Pets but it's not a great moneymaker for Fortune sims. Oh, but Knowledge sims have the werewolf to obsess over I guess!
Seasons: depending on the season, Romance & Pleasure, Family, Knowledge and Popularity. Add to that: Family gets work-at-home possibilities and a way to feed the family, Knowledge gets badges and the eggplant juice, honestly all aspirations have a juice that benefits them, but the eggplant juice is kind of the biggest benefit. Do Knowledge sims want to become Plantsims? And like Zena mentioned, a lot of new things to do for families and children, so Family too.
Bon Voyage: depending on the location, Romance & Pleasure for Twikki (better Romance), Popularity for Three Lakes (better relationship building) and Knowledge for Takemizu Village (better skill building). Fortune sims can buy expensive vacation houses.
Freetime: Knowledge if we're counting the badges, Family for the work-at-home stuff again, I'm not sure if Fortune sims earn enough with pottery and sewing to make them really happy, other than that it's a fairly neutral pack.
Apartment Life: Knowledge sims get a new lifestate, Popularity get living not entirely alone and roommates, Family because children finally got more things to play with, Fortune gets the helicopter :P
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 6:29 AM
The question is which one for Grilled Cheese? XD
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The question is which one for Grilled Cheese? XD

Base game?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 11:30 AM
I didn't even think grilled cheese was a proper aspiration until one of the EPs.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 12:23 PM
I'd say Freetime was Grilled Cheese. Though I don't really have a reason for that... other than I can't help but think of Natasha Una when I hear "Free time".

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 12:36 PM
I think grilled cheese came with Nightlife, but it might also be available in Freetime without NL.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 1:38 PM
Yeah, NightLife and FreeTime.

I'm still fairly impressed how cohesive all the Sims 2 EPs are when put together. When playing TS3, it felt like the packs there were just slapped together.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:59 PM
I agree @Bulbizarre , I definitely enjoy Sims 3 more when playing one or two EPs only with the basegame. With Sims 2 they all seem to fit together so well.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 11:38 PM
stuff packs::
Family Fun; probably Family
Kitchen & Bath; maybe Grill Cheese and Family.
the others; not sure.

holiday packs; likely Popularity.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 7:07 PM
IKEA stuff is definitelly family and a bit of romance
Celebration! stuff is also family
Glamour Life stuff is fortune
I'd also vote Kitchen and Bath stuff as fortune and maybe popularity (Grilled Cheese?)
H&M is definitelly popularity and pleasure
Family Fun stuff is either family or pleasure as well (but how quirky it is, I'd also say Grilled Cheese)
Teen Style stuff is mostly popularity (add a bit of pleasure in there)
Mansion and Garden is either knowlege or fortune
Holiday pack is family
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
Seasons: I'd say Family, since a lot of the weather based activities (water balloon fight, snowball fight) are cute activities for families to do, but of course you can do them with friends too
water balloon was University.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
water balloon was University.

Yes, as a prank, but not as a game (the wish is introduced in Seasons too)
Aside from that, I agree with your SP associations!
And Glamour Life is obviously for Fortune sims, maybe Popularity sims who rake in the money with books or paintings (they like the fame).
Ikea and H&M don't really fit in anything, but you could say that Ikea provides cheap furniture to Family sims' big families and Pleasure sims' low-effort lifestyle and for H&M, Fortune and Pleasure often want new clothes, so...
Celebrations: mostly a marriage pack, so fairly neutral except for Romance sims A Popularity sim is more likely to want a birthday party so they get even more out of this pack.
Teen Style stuff is, well, for teens, but it feels more like a Popularity thing to me, because of the social groupings. Family for very doting parents who give their kids really luxurious furniture (who of us got a thematized room from their parents?) and Fortune for similar reasons.
I think the only one left then is Mansion & Garden, which I give to the Fortune sims because of the green energy features and more stylish gardens.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:22 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Aug 2018 at 10:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
this thread is to be about which Aspiration is best associated with each pack.

mine (pack/packs; aspiration/aspirations)::
University; Knowledge
Nightlife; Pleasure
Open For Business; Fortune
Pets; Family, Knowledge
Seasons, Bon Voyage, Freetime, Apartment Life; not sure.

(Too lazy to read replies)
I don't see much point in associating them, because of a few than one fall under a pack anyway. I mean it's better to know what wants roles are gives for sim of that particular aspiration with related activities or tasks that are exclusive to the feature brough by the expansion pack, and thus collect data what each pack caters for what aspiration in terms of the respective orientated gears.

Why would knowledge be largely assosiated with pets? It has nothing going on, other than seeking to be turned into werewolve, which in general is a trend with any lifestate from all (except freetime) expansion packs.

Grow-up: apartment life provides new playground equipment other than out of trend swing, also a toy puppy. Lemonade stand gives them a way to earn a buck. Toy making station offers new toys for them. Bon voyage, seasons, free time are kids friendly. Pets offer children to take the responsibility of taking care of a rodent/bird before they earn the chance of having much bigger pets. Not sure If anything is suitable for them in NL or UNI.
Family: Nightlife opens up an group activity for these sims to enjoy - a restaurant that brings relatives closer. Also, family bound is strengten in winter literally, also school is out so kids have time to bond with family even more. Taking a trip to vocation provides a holiday for everyone (apart toddlers and babies).
Knowledge: University is probably strictly to them, because well for the overall education/studying focus it revolves around. Freetime in a nutshelf offers more If maxing out skills and badges isn't enough for them. A hunt for life states gives the possibilities for them from any pack. Autumn/Fall boosted skill rate is welcome for knowledge who are seeking to learn things faster, so it's a welcoming season for them.
Fortune: Livestock (selling own grown veggies and caught fish) and date gifts provide a way to earn cash. Digging tressure is a thing in Bon voyage, so fortune sims can take that as a nice cake. Freetime offers two new methods to earn cash (pottery and sewing). Nightlife allows the player to have them show off their wealthy with a car. Pets - selling them is a thing. OFB is obviously geared towards them. Owning an expensive flat like that single-dad with a daugther in Belladone Cove could be also an accomplishment or working their way up from cheap cold water flat too a luxury expensive mansion helps out as a fitting storyline for these sort of sims.
Pleasure: Nightlife-esque stuff. It's hard to tell what it can be assiosated under than with that pack, because I only know it for the wants it roles exclusively to that pack (or does it also offer from other dlc). Such sims can take a vocation to try new and experience exclusive activities to each destination hood, like throwing axes, swimming on a beach, camping
Populiarity: Little bit of popularity with the introduction tied to show business. Nightlife offers groups and outing, great opportunity for each member to get to know each individual sims of that group. Sims would probably have quite some friends already, so taking a vocation with good ones wouldn't be such a con. Summer is suitable for these sims due to its friendship boost.
Cheesecake: Just like with populiarty, except it's even more harder to assiosate them with any pack, other than painfully obvious it was introduced in nightlife and freetime, it has nothing going on because the related wants are related to one specific base game food dish.
Romance: Dating, Dining, and doing it all in spring season (relationship boost under that time period) is fun. Taking a partner under a vacation is also a good time to enjoy a romantic honeymoon to their respective pation destination hood.

Nightlife has the pleasure (obviously, since that's the aspiration that got introduced), romance (suitable activities exclusive that remind you of a data with certain downtown lots), popularity (groups and outings), family (restaurants brings relatives closer with a new experience).

Seasons goes along with anything really, some geared towards specific season: Family (as shown in the trailers) is offered with group activities such as snowball fights (just like shown in the trailer) and teens are offered to bound with family while the school is out, romance is spring's focus, populiarty takes the advantage in summer due to seasonal relationship boost, with skill rate increase in autumn/fall is the dream for all knowledge sims. Fortune -> food stock = money. Doesn't look like anything can be geared grilled cheese and I can't be certain with what can be catered to Pleasures (does that aspiration only roll wants exclusive to Nightlife's additions?)

As for bon voyage and apartment life, it depends on the type of aspiration-assigned sims that are played with. Who's taking vacation? A family, lovebirds, a bunch of good friends, anyone that's seeking to discover hidden lots (and take some 'souvenirs'), sims that are looking for some fun activities to try out?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.