Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 4:58 PM
Look in her memories. If you have Freetime, she may have reached a point threshhold and gone permaplat, and this is recorded in her memories. I know because the same thing happened to a student of mine when he graduated. I was shocked - I have other sims in the same household who I run at Platinum for much longer periods, who are still normal. I didn't install Freetime all that long ago, either. But at least it meant he was mellow with his bride's frantic running around wanting to do EVERYTHING on Twikkii Island during their honeymoon.

But if you don't want to be Permaplat yet, you can turn it off with the batbox.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 8:49 AM
thank you so much Peni!! I did look into Robyn's memories, doesn't say anything other than "I can die happy now" (Plat memory) which is awesome, mildly creepy coming from someone fresh from uni but ah well she's now happily married to her uni sweetheart & living at his mom's thankfully Scott is the heir to the family anyways being the only male...
Scholar
#103 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 11:01 PM
well I began this challenge way back in March, majority of the 2nd gen are adults now, starting their own little families but I finally learned how to post pics LOL (huge thank you to WhiteRider & DustingDustin ~yeah I'm kind of a dummi sometimes, cannot believe I didn't even see the upload bit below)...anyhoo, here are my starter families, I am proud of them & can't believe how 'attached' I've gotten to them...

Introducing:

[IMG]WITHERS FAMILY[/IMG]

Mom Briar, Dad Liam, Teen son Jasper, Child Emmett & Toddler Bella
(okay okay yes I was reading Twilight at the time)

I can't remember what all the aspirations are other than Liam who is a horn-dog, being a Romance sim (LTW 20 lovers) & Jasper who rolled as Popularity (LTW mayor) I'm thinking that Briar rolled as Family...this is my favorite family, they have a gorgeous home on the edge of town, surrounded by the forest, even with Liam being a skirt chaser, he mostly respects & truly loves his wife so tries hard to keep things discreet. Thankfully Katelynn (?? think that her name) the maid is in full agreement, even if they get up to mischief in the attic when Briar's at work...

[IMG]LIAM & THE MAID[/IMG]

Jasper proved to be very musical, his first stop after school or even as soon as he woke up for the day was his guitar...

[IMG]JASPER & GUITAR[/IMG]

EDIT: GRRRR okay still trying to figure out the pics apparently...
Scholar
#104 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 1:45 AM
hopeing this works lol
Screenshots
Scholar
#105 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 9:24 PM
First family photo of the Withers:

[IMG]family photo 1a.jpg[/IMG]

fresh from the CAS

[IMG]family photo 2.jpg[/IMG]

Jasper is a young adult, both Emmett & Bella are teens & the child is Jacob the first in-game born child of the neighborhood.
Screenshots
Scholar
#106 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 5:55 AM
[IMG]welcoming almond.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]almond and briar.jpg[/IMG]

well after majority of the kids moved out, Briar got a bit lonely & really wanted to adopt a kitten, so Liam called the agency as a surprise & just as Briar came home from work little Almond arrived!

[IMG]Briar & Liam as elders on bench.jpg[/IMG]

all the kids have moved out now, gives Briar & Liam time to enjoy their golden years together....thinking they'll have to finally have that dream vacation that they've put off for so long, as long as Liam can avoid hitting on any of the hotel staff...
Screenshots
Scholar
#107 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 6:12 AM
alright time to move on to the other starter families...

2nd rolled family, was the Thomas household, single AF mom Lark, her teen daughter Tiffany & her toddler daughter Robyn...

[IMG]snapshot_bacef3el_bacef3e2.jpg[/IMG]

later on Lark found love with a local bowling champ named Neil (somebody or another, I've forgotten his last name) & they had a small backyard wedding...

[IMG]nsnapshot_3aec4c5a_1acbfa40.jpg[/IMG]

not long after both the girls grew up & left for college, Neil & Lark welcomed (natural) twins Tina & Timothy. It appears that Tina has inherited the looks in the family while Tim has been saddled with most of charm (that's really all he has to rely on) this is the most recent family photo, taken at the twin's birthday party...

[IMG]nsnapshot_bacef3e1_1b75152e.jpg[/IMG]
Screenshots
Scholar
#108 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 6:33 AM
thirdly there's the Redwood family, a 3gen roll

Sylbil the grandmother, her daughter Sasha, child Savanah plus the twin toddlers Scott & Sophia...

[IMG]snapshot_9acfd909_faced90a.jpg[/IMG]

Sybil was the first sim I have EVER had who passed on from old age & she did it on a dream date (LTW 20lovers)

[IMG]sybil[/IMG]

it took a couple sim months but then she did make a reappearance, hasn't been too scary for anyone, just floats around checking up on things...

[IMG]sybils ghost[/IMG]

family photo:

[IMG]faimlypic[/IMG]

yes that's Sybil's resting place in the background I've since moved her urn to indoors under a portait that Scott (who was closest to her) painted.

All the kids moved on to college & did quite well, they all joined the same greek house too. While away at school, Savanah met Greg Murray & they are currently planning a wedding while running a home business down the street.

Sophia hasn't met her one true love yet, but she's fresh from graduation, figures there's time left to worry about that later, is currently getting her portait studio off the ground.

Scott met & fell head over heels for his Greek sister Robyn Thomas, who moved back home with him recently. They just had a lovely wedding & a spectacular honeymoon.

[IMG]scottrobyn[/IMG]

Scott did prove to have quite an intense interest in robotics, so while at school he crafted his first servo which he gave to his Mom for company until he returned home. Little did he know that elder Sasha had been so lonely for so many years as she tried to raise 3 kids by herself. I am sure he wasn't expecting that not long after she activated "Victor" she'd be walking down the aisle with him!
Screenshots
Scholar
#109 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 7:42 AM
I just realized that I triple/quad posted previously (guess that makes this 5th post) & I'm sorry for the irritation there....wondering if anyone else is still doing this challenge, I have briefly checked out the yahoo group for this, but find it a) clogging of my inbox & b) little too complicated (group set up, not the challenge) for my attention span...

last of the 2nd gens are just finishing up uni, it's just the Thomas twins that are left, & the future spouses of a couple alummi. I am not sure who taught Tim Thomas how to do the Hula (possibly older sister Robyn who went to the islands with hubby Scott Redwood for honeymoon) but I when I came back from making a quick coffee, I realized I hadn't hit pause, lo & behold Tim was teaching the entire greek house (8 members at the time) plus two guests in the kitchen @ 330am (Simtime), after a good laugh at the spontantaity (crap spelling sorry), I did manage to get some really cute pictures. First time I had witnessed something like this, I guess I really should back off from the micro managing for a few mintues at a time, just to see what else they get up to
Inventor
#110 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:08 PM
Your neighborhood sounds fun sweetbaby. I'm still doing this challenge, although I lost my first neighborhood due to corruption and so had to start over. I've a brand new neighborhood with bunches of pre made houses and community lots. I've started to play, but have had to stop since my sims for some strange reason have developed an obsession with dressers. The first house I played was okay as it was one adult and his two toddlers. The toddlers obviously left the dressers alone and dad had his hands full thus couldn't obsess over the lone dresser. But my next house has several kids of varying ages and I need to get my deco dressers working before I play some more. I hate the look of bedrooms without dressers, even if I don't use them. If I ever decide to get those finished, I'll be back to playing! ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Instructor
#111 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 5:33 PM
I decided to try this challenge ^^ So, I have 4 families.

Easton Family
Emily Rose Easton - Elder, Fortune, Leo
Aidan Scott Easton - Toddler, Taurus

Abbot Family
Anthony James Abbot - Adult, Knowledge, Aries
Eva Summer Abbot - Child, Aquarius
Andrew Chase Abbot - Toddler, Pisces
Matilda Sophie Abbot - Toddler, Scorpio

Montgomery Family
Joseph Lucas Montgomery - Adult, Romance, Gemini
Autumn Olivia Montgomery - Adult, Knowledge, Aquarius
Connor Mason Montgomery - Adult, Pleasure, Cancer
Sarah Anne Montgomery - Elder, Fortune, Aquarius
Oscar William Montgomery - Teen, Scorpio
Richard Cole Montgomery - Child, Gemini

Sanders Family
Meredith Leah Sanders - Adult, Knowledge, Pisces
Chelsea Angela Sanders - Adult, Knowledge, Virgo
Jake Dylan Sanders - Elder, Fortune, Capricorn
Addison Kate Sanders - Child, Sagittarius
Charlotte Abigail Sanders - Child, Capricorn
Elizabeth Hannah Sanders - Child, Virgo

I just finished playing the first round with the first family (Emily and Aidan).Aidan is now a child, living with his grandmother.
Aidan Scott Easton

Emily Rose Easton
Test Subject
#112 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 8:45 PM
I just started on this yesterday. I used the Pleasentville 3.5 neighborhood so I have lots and townies but the town has no citizens except the families in the challenge.

I got four families:
Family 1: Three people (adult female, teen female, toddler male)
Family 2: Four people (elder female, adult male, adult female, teen female)
Family 3: Four people (elder male, teen female, child male, toddler female) added a placeholder adult female who then died when a piece of space junk fell on her.
Family 4: Five people (elder male, teen male, child female, two toddler females) added a placeholder adult male who ended up being struck by lightning
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 3:06 PM
I've Just started this one, and I'd love to share it along with someone else, so if you're doing it or want to, post here!
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 11th May 2012 at 9:39 PM
Default My Blog
Here is the blog of my progress so far, for anyone sticking around over here.

http://badswansprosperity.wordpress.com/

If you're interested, there's an active yahoo group for this:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group...yguid=527785470
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:11 AM
I have recently come back to playing sims (the actual households) from taking a break and only building houses and apartments.... and playing Civ4. I tend to blend multiple challenges along with my own rules into my own type of game play, but I do enjoy starting a new hood using most of prosperity rules. I even roll to see what skin type, eye color and economic class they are. I thought I would share the results with everyone so you can all cringe with fear like I did. But hey, what good is this game without a challenge, right? "Toddler" is becoming a scary word for me.

Total Households: 11

I used Platinum Simmers Random Sim Name Generator (http://www.platinumsimmers.com/page...-name-generator) to get the family names.

1) Shorr: low class; total of 6
Vernetta: Toddler F
Willian: Toddler M
Iva: Teen F
Zena: Adult F
"Uknown": Infant (will kill off "daddy" in the game to give kids a face in their family tree)
Audrie: Elder F

2) Mollenhauer: low class; total of 5
Alanna: Teen F
Henry: Teen M
Shane: Teen F
Maximo: Child M
Karina: Toddler F

3) Aceveda: low class; total of 1
Rudy: Adult M

4) Doyne: low class; total of 1
Brenton: Adult M

5) Viscosi: low class; total of 4
Rickey: Child M
Lashon: Teen F
Karri: Teen F
"Uknown": Infant (will kill off both parents in game after it's born)

6) Shambrook: low class; total of 3
Rosendo: Adult M
Lemuel: Child M
Blanca: Elder F

7) Hatstat: low class; total of 4
"Uknown": Infant (will kill off both parents in game after its born)
Fidel: Child M
Myron: Teen M
Lauri: Teen F

8) Vandorien: low class; total of 6 <----------This is the household I'm dreading to play the first two rotations! Each rotation is a sim week.
Kareem: Teen M
Sol: Toddler M
Cordia: Toddler
Star: Toddler F
Valentin: Toddler M
"Uknown": Infant (will kill off both parents in game after it's born)

9) Stapler: low class; total of 3
Augustine: Child M
Peter: Elder M
Roxie: Adult F

10) Brevig: Upper class; total of 3
Aja: Elder F
Gemma: Child F
Samira: Toddler F

11) Stanco: low class; total of 1
Efren: Adult M

Well, that's the New Hood's Population. I have just picked out the templates but have yet to begin adding buildings. The story for this hood is that new families have moved in for jobs as there were none available in their previous locations, with the exception of the Upper class family whose girls moved in with their wealthy grandmother after their parents died. For infants I speed up the pregnancy so it is born within a few sim hours and the parents are killed off quickly in the game.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 8:25 PM
I am definately going to try this! I don't normally do many challanges but this sounds amazing. Thanks!! :D
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 9:29 PM
Sorry for DP, but i've just finished creating my familes! Randomized everything, including gender, star sign, aspiration, turn on and off, names/last names, and appearance. Here is a list:

5 Families

Family 1: Loghry

Sim 1: Adult, Lyle, Popularity, Scorpio
Sim 2: Toddler, Matt, Pleasure, Virgo
Sim 3: Adult, Ma, Popularity, Taurus

Family 2: Crosswell

Sim 1: Adult, Kathi, Fortune, Taurus

Family 3: Flurry

Sim 1: Child, Luke, Fortune, Scorpio
Sim 2: Toddler, Doretha, Popularity, Gemini
Sim 3: Child, Dessie, Fortune, Saggitarius
Sim 4: Elder, Gerard, Pleasure, Saggitarius
Sim 5: Teen, Angelo, Family, Aries
Placeholder: Angelina

Family 4: Fogleman

Sim 1: Teen, Sun, Pleasure, Cancer
Sim 2: Child, Kitty, Family, Taurus
Sim 3: Child, Justina, Romance, Leo
Sim 4: Adult, Shaun, Popularity, Virgo
Sim 5: Child, Deann, Fortune, Saggitarius
Sim 6: Teen, Iola, Pleasure, Virgo

Family 5: Whitlatch

Sim 1: Child, Michaela, Family, Taurus
Sim 2: Child, Doug, Pleasure, Virgo
Sim 3: Toddler, Alejandro, Romance, Libra
Sim 4: Teen, Homer, Knowledge, Cancer
Placeholder: Shani

I listed toddler and child aspirations so i can just check this list when they turn to a teen. I only got 1 knowledge sim and tons of pleasure sims which was kind of odd. Goinf to build all of the houses tomorrow. Great challenge!
Test Subject
#118 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 7:09 PM
ok, so this is the very first challenge I'll try to finish (also, my first post here at all!). Couple weeks ago I didn't even realize of something like Sims2/Sims3 challenges.

I rolled 4 families, here they are:

1st family (Watsons):
- Teen girl named Gail, her aspiration is Knowlege, zodiac sign is Gemini;
- Child/girl named Dorthy, her aspiration will be Popularity and her sign is Cancer;
- Toddler girl named Vera, her aspiration will be Family, her sign is Virgo.

2nd family (Humphery's)
- only adult women named Taylor, with aspiration Pleasure and zodiac sign Leo.

3rd family (Keen's)
- Child/girl named Marylou with future aspiration of romancing, her sing is Aries;
- Toddler girl called Helen, her aspiration will be Popularity and her sign is Aquarius;
- Teen girl (!) called Donna with her aspiration of Pleasure, her sign is Aquarius too.

4th family (Weisses)
- only adult man named Jamison, his aspiration is Popularity and his sign is Gemini.

I have used a online dice, so imagine how suprised I were when I rolled two families with same members :p
Can't wait to play, I'll try to post some photos later

(forgive me my english, I'm still trying to improve it)
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 1:48 PM
I've tried this out a couple of times with a pen and a paper, just to see what kind of scenarios I can get. My dice really likes elders with the romance aspiration
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 1:54 PM
I just recently started this, actually my second attempt. I'm currently in round two and these are the families I rolled

1. Family Gray
Adult Female, Family, Cancer
Adult Male, Knowledge, Libra
Teen Male, Knowledge, Capricorn
Child Female, Aries

2. Family Soroya
Teen Female, Fortune, Gemini
Child Female, Gemini
Toddler Female, Cancer
Toddler Male, Capricorn

3. Family Eonon
Adult Female, Popularity, Saggitarius
Child Male, Aries

4. Family Dashner
Elder Female, Family, Saggitarius
Adult Female, Family, Capricorn

5. Family Faris
Adult Male, Romance, Libra

6. Family Roth
Adult Female, Romance, Saggitarius
Teen Male, Family, Gemini

I didn't roll aspirations for the younger sims yet, because I think that's more fun to do right when they grow up to teens.
Test Subject
#121 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 10:53 AM
http://rossendalethesims2.blogspot.com/ here's my prosperity challenge blog
Forum Resident
#122 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 7:32 PM
I have just started this challenge I have all my families moved in and houses built, which was really fun to do as I haven't really ever played properly or without cheats - probably post pictures and descriptions later.

I've also built my own community lot but was curious as to why it was suggested that we place a community lot. It doesn't elaborate in the rules.
Forum Resident
#123 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 8:14 PM
For my first family, the Merrythought's I rolled:

1 Adult male, Family Aspiration, Pisces - Lucas.
1 Child Female also Pisces - Harriet
1 Toddler female, Scorpio - Lilly
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#124 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 8:36 PM
For my second family, the Jenkins' I rolled
1 Teen female, Knowledge, Aquarius, Tamara
1 Teen male, Family, Leo, Drew
1 Teen male, Romance, Sagittarius, Reese
1 Teen female, Popularity, Aquarius, Candice

3 of these sims aren't my creations - I only made Drew.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#125 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 8:59 PM
I also started the challenge again a few days ago. I was really lucky with rolling I guess, every family had and adult:

1. Carstairs:
Virgil: Adult Male, Wealth, Leo
Sarah: Adult Female, Knowledge, Scorpio
Beverly: Adult Female, Popularity, Virgo
Patricia: Toddler Female, Leo

2. Austerlitz:
Gustav: Adult Male, Family, Cancer
Gerlinde: Elder Female, Romance, Saggitarius

3. Guildenstern:
Alfred: Adult Male, Family, Taurus
Morgan: Adult Male, Popularity, Aquarius
Margaery: Child Female, Taurus
Sarah: Toddler Female, Saggitarius

4. Fairfax:
Christine: Adult Female, Knowledge, Saggitarius
Michael: Teen Male, Wealth, Pisces
Donald: Child Male

So, this were the families, and after about three ingame weeks they already look like this:

1. Carstairs:
Sarah got three children, a pair of twin boys (Jeremy and Theodor) with Virgil as father, and a toddler boy Gabriel with Gustav Austerlitz as father (they're having an affair going on).
Patricia grew up to adult with popularity aspiration.
Beverly married Gustav Austerlitz.

2. Austerlitz:
Gerlinde died of old age, sadly without a platin status.
Beverly Carstairs married Gustav and they got two children, Alan (now a teen with knowledge aspiration) and Anton, still a child.

3. Guildenstern:
Margaery and Sarah are adults now, both with family aspiration.
Alfred and Morgan adopted a male child, Tristan, who is a teenager with knowledge aspiration now.

4. Fairfax:
Christine married townie Ti-Ning Dresen and they had twins, two boys called Sebastian and Timon who are still babies.
Michael became an adult, married a female townie whose name I forgott (shame on me) and moved out.
Donald grew up to an adult with romance aspiration, but still got engaged to Patricia Carstairs. Even though he regrets it.

I simply love how the families become entwined after a while of playing. My favourite challenge I guess.
Page 5 of 7