Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 1:09 PM
Default Desktop recommendations for Sims 2?
Hi guys (Warning: computer dummy here )
Recently I've been planning to get a desktop, I'm not planning to use it for heavy duty gaming, or any games at all aside from Sims2
I played Sims2 on another computer before, but let's just say...the game kind of stopped working...? the computer isn't 100% mine regardless, so I can't fill it up with all the custom content I'd like to get
I had a neighborhood I'd love to continue building up, I had all the expansion packs/stuff packs and a sad amount of custom content (But I'm looking to download more on the new computer)
P.S. I have a habit of inviting alot of sims on one lot until there's about 30, just thought I should include that
So if anyone could suggest specs for me, it'd highly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:23 AM
You'd probably want to start with determining what's your budget (in what currency) that you're willing to invest on a desktop.

Then you'd probably want to determine whether you'd want a pre-made computer, or have access to someone who can compile the PC parts for you.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 9:26 AM
MYR 2k - 2.5k (Malaysian Ringgit)
Due to my lack of knowledge on computers, I think it'd be better to go for a pre-made computer.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:17 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 21st Jul 2018 at 4:59 AM.
Do you have an electronic stores near you that you've seen some pre-made desktops? Maybe you can take pictures of their specifications for us to compare (that are in your price range).

If you're just looking for general information on what to look of in a desktop computer, then maybe some of these ideas can help:

1) Prefer an SSD instead of a hard drive. You'll help reduce loading time with your game.
2) Make sure the video card in the desktop is a dedicated hardware, and not something integrated with the motherboard. Having a dedicated video card reduces the workload on the CPU on the motherboard when processing images you see on screen.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 4:49 PM
I've looked into what you recommended and talked to some other people for suggestions, and got desktop recently, thanks for helping!