Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:18 AM
How can I ressurrect pre-made deceased sims with no data-base on Sims 2?
So, I am very curious on if I could resurrect the Calientes and Lothario parents, also Skip Broke back to Pleasantview - I don't know if this is possible, but I mean resurrected with their icons in normal color, not grey, on their family trees. To say the least, I actually know NOTHING on how to use SimPE or any other tools that can make it, seriously, I never installed any tool.
But I am so curious to see Flamenco back to the Caliente house, or maybe Adriana and Nicolo back to Lothario house, that would be kind of funny to me. The fact is that I don't know how to use SimPe, and, I already heard there are some specific Sims that could corrupt the game if resurrected.

For those who know exactly how to use it without any risk of damaging the game: How can I make it? And are these I'd like to resurrect dangerous to glitch/corrupt the game?

Any help is DEEPLY appreciated!

(Also: My Sims 2 version is Ultimate Collection, if this would help on the question)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:24 AM
I'm pretty sure if you resurrect them in the normal way, you will cause corruption, precisely because they don't have all their data. Presumably if you wanted to resurrect them you would have to create character files for them and link them, but I don't know which resources you would need to create or how you would go about doing that.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 3:40 AM
The Sims Wikia has a pretty in-depth tutorial on how to do it.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:16 AM
Many of the dead pre-mades you can't resurrect because they are not complete sims, they have missing data and will simply corrupt your hood. it's certainly not as simple as using those methods from the Wiki. Look up each sim first and only bring back those that says it's safe to do so.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:49 AM
The absolute safest way to "resurrect" these dead sims would be to recreate them in CAS/Bodyshop and put them in the neighborhood that way. Their character files in vanilla neighborhoods are missing data and messing with the broken sims can make that neighborhood unplayable. Since you're not great with SimPE, you could just pretend the clones you made in CAS are the real thing, just without the proper family tree links and memories.

If you wanted, you could download Meetmetotheriver's fixed dead Pleasantview at her livejournal. I don't know how much you've played your current Pleasantview but if you don't mind starting over, Meetme fixed up the premade ancestors so you can safely resurrect them. You'll have to remove your current N001 folder and replace it with the N001 from Meetme's LJ. She also has Strangetown fixed as well.
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 10:47 AM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 6th Aug 2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Fixed the link
You can read this thread that explains how to fix Melissa Sims, one of the premade deceased Sims in Olive's backyard. If I remember correctly, she's one of the most borked deceased Sims, and apparently the methods used by the OP worked.

@Jawusa could probably help you with this.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dolcefroot
So, I am very curious on if I could resurrect the Calientes and Lothario parents, also Skip Broke back to Pleasantview - I don't know if this is possible, but I mean resurrected with their icons in normal color, not grey, on their family trees. To say the least, I actually know NOTHING on how to use SimPE or any other tools that can make it, seriously, I never installed any tool.
But I am so curious to see Flamenco back to the Caliente house, or maybe Adriana and Nicolo back to Lothario house, that would be kind of funny to me. The fact is that I don't know how to use SimPe, and, I already heard there are some specific Sims that could corrupt the game if resurrected.

For those who know exactly how to use it without any risk of damaging the game: How can I make it? And are these I'd like to resurrect dangerous to glitch/corrupt the game?

(Also: My Sims 2 version is Ultimate Collection, if this would help on the question)

They are still not safe to resurrect even after fixing them, now I fixed them and cloned the several times to make sure there clean then put them in my "Beginning Hoods" series.
I have also fixed them in the hood so a lot of the corruption was stopped because of the deleted sims and if you just want to check them out http://www.simfileshare.net/download/121828/

Just remember I have no idea if all the corruption was fixed so use it with this.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#8 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 9:39 PM
Calient & Lothario ancestors; all of them start as "No Character Data" characters. some page in the wikia site tells how to resurrect such characters; and links to a download of them. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui..._character_data

Skip Broke; game starts with 2 of them. one is a "No Character Data" character; the other is not.
with the "other", only change would be to "link" him in SimPE; "Other" tab of Sim Description resource, "Linked" line. afterward he would be safe to resurrect.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:43 AM
I've been trying to find this old link for you for days - FINALLY found it. The Mediafire link in this post includes extracted copies of most of the dead Maxis base game sims. The poster said that not all of them are exact copies.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....136#post4712136

This way you don't have to resurrect any of the Maxis ghosts. Just pop some of these clones in your game and pretend you brought them back to life!
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 8:54 PM
Default guide on sims wiki
Quote: Originally posted by dolcefroot

I used the guide on the sims wiki to bring back adriana and diane pleasant, i dont recall errors afterwards but you should know due to these sims the neighborhood is known to be already corrupted because these sims were deleted. You will not get the original facial features sadly enough. But i use the sim blender to edit the clones faces and the lot debugger to regenerate portrait. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ms_back_to_life Adriana face seems to start with the 2d elder face template and is highly customized.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 6:54 PM
A quick update for y'all awesome people who helped: I've downloaded SimPE and now I will try to make the clones n' stuff. The only thing is that I definitely think I got the wrong SImPe, since my '' neighbourhood memories '' window doesn't open at all (cause I am currently trying to get the pink dot off Bella Goth to get her back on the game).
Has anyone else a download for the exactly SimPE (for Ultimate Collection)?

Anyways, I will take your opinions on simple getting ok by pretending the clones are the originals, hah! xD
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:08 PM
The version of SimPE I have that works with UC is SimPe_0_73_44-QA, which is the same one I used before UC.

Hope that's useful information.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh