Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 12:32 AM Last edited by Tigger379 : 25th Aug 2015 at 7:28 AM. Reason: Update
Default Uppper Arm Bracelet
This is a project I started about two years ago. I have scrapped and started over on it many times. I love the idea of creating upper arm bracelets, but I'm having trouble even getting a basic one to turn out right. One problem is that the texture appears distorted and has strange shadows. Update: The texture distortion only appears in CAS, so I believe the problem is my UV map. I must have some parts mapped over each other. I still can't figure out the morph states problem

My second problem is that the morph states aren't working correctly.

Meshing
I started the project by cloning the stacked bracelets in CASPartEditior.
I chose "add new design", put in a new mesh name, and clicked "Save As" and exited out of CASPartEditior.
Then I created my own accessory, modified the UV map, assigned bones, and copied comments from the original accessory.
I used the directx tool in milkshape to create lods 2 and 3, but aligned normals afterwards.
I did not use the directX tool to make the morphs. I duplicated the lod 2 and lod 3 meshes, resized them using wavefront.obj sim models, and copied the accessory morph comments.

Texturing
I exported the mask, specular, and base texture and modified those to match my new UV map. There is only one color channel. The overlay and part mask has a red square in the corner in CASPartEditor, which I am assuming means that it is blank or drawing from an EA texture in the game's database? Not really sure if I need to change those. After adding in my textures, I clicked "Save" in CasParteditor.

BGEOs
I created the BGEOs using Mesh ToolKit.
I renumbered the meshes after creating the lods and their respective morphs. I clicked on "Add Morphs to Clothing/Hair". I opened my package, selected the morph type, and clicked add morph to package. I clicked "Save Package" after adding the last BGEO.

If someone could help me figure out what I've been doing wrong that would be great! I have also attached an .rar of the package file.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Tigger379-NewUpperBracelet2015.rar (45.7 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content