Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 1:13 AM Last edited by no.1froggie : 21st Sep 2015 at 2:38 AM.
Default Changing or Recatagorizing items in CAS FIXED
I have tried many different ways of searching this topic online and not really getting much luck. I was wondering where the file was in the game files to change items in the game's CAS. Basically, I would like to be able to go in and change what catagories the existing CAS items are in. For example: The outer wear shows bathing suits. Really? Snow on the ground and there's townies running around in a bikini. lol I would like to be able to go in and just remove that category from the item. I know how to use S3PE just having difficulties finding the clothing. Thank you.

edit: I tried one more combination in google trying to find something to tell me how to do this and I think I found it here: http://modthesims.info/t/491174 However, I don't want the items to show up twice, as in the EA's version and my cloned one, how do I keep the original from showing up?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 2:09 AM
Well, first of all, swimwear is definitely not enabled for outerwear in a vanilla game. It must be a mod interfering when your Sims change into swimwear in winter. AwesomeMod used to have that problem, for example, and it is likely that others do, too.

But if you want to recategorise your CAS items yourself you can do this in various ways:
(1) You need to create overrides for the CASP resources which you then place in your Mods folders. The CASP resources hold the catalogue information, age, gender, everyday etc. You'd have to extract them from the fullbuild packages of the base game and all EPs. S3OC can help you in finding them.
(1)a) There are programs like Easy CASP Editor that can do this for you in batches. It was available at simlogical. There you can also find tutorials for both the program and on how to do this manually with S3PE.
(2) You can also edit clothes categories per save with NRaas Dresser.
(3) I'm sure there are other ways, too, but I can't recall what they were.
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 1:07 PM
Yeah, outerwear shows swimwear and a ball gown or two for me aswell
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 1:57 PM
The easiest way to make a CASP override is to:
Find the item in S3OC Click the Clone button (or whatever it's called)
Untick Rename/renumber
Save the file, then open it in S3PE and delete everything except the CASP

Then you can use whatever program you like to change the categories.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
The easiest way to make a CASP override is to:
Find the item in S3OC Click the Clone button (or whatever it's called)
Untick Rename/renumber
Save the file, then open it in S3PE and delete everything except the CASP

Then you can use whatever program you like to change the categories.

I haven't had a chance to try the suggestions but if I'm reading your correctly, deleting everything except the CASP, does that get rid of the duplicate in the game?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 9:06 PM
You should also check to see if any of the townies running around in their swimwear during winter have the insane and/or inappropriate traits. Sims with those traits tend to wear whatever they feel like.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by no.1froggie
I haven't had a chance to try the suggestions but if I'm reading your correctly, deleting everything except the CASP, does that get rid of the duplicate in the game?
I think it's the
Quote:
Untick Rename/renumber
that does the trick and guarantees that your exported resource is not a clone but the original resource and thus can serve as an override.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
I think it's the that does the trick and guarantees that your exported resource is not a clone but the original resource and thus can serve as an override.

I started going through some earlier before any replies, I didn't unclick the rename option but I changed the file name, will that be ok as an override if the name is different? How do you override it after I change things about it in S3PE?
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SecretNightMist
You should also check to see if any of the townies running around in their swimwear during winter have the insane and/or inappropriate traits. Sims with those traits tend to wear whatever they feel like.

My sim when she aged up to a young adult had a swimsuit for her outerwear and she didn't have any of those traits.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 2:01 AM
Sorry if I'm making this harder than it is, looks easy but till I figure it out I may have a lot of questions. So basically I find the item in S3OC, save it under a different name, Open the new file in S3PE and delete all except CASP. Then reopen it and change the locations of the item and save. What do I do with that file after I make the destination changes? Do I just put it in the mods folder or does it go somewhere else?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 2:23 AM
Moving to Create > CAS Parts.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 9:29 PM
Been a few days since the last reply, not sure if its because the post was move to a different location. Anyway, found this site about changing CAS item locations Here but again it doesn't tell you were to put the updated folder. Since it was a sims3pack I tried the mods folder. The new item showed up like it was supposed to but was a duplicate. I don't want a bunch of duplicates. How do I get rid of the original so the only one I have in CAS is my modified version?
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 2:44 AM
Spent some time searching and rereading this thread and I have finally gotten what I was looking for. I was tired of clothing showing up in catagories I just didn't feel they should be in. I also wanted to help clean out CAS to achieve a quicker CAS with items that I actually wanted. Here is how I did it:

You will need S3OC
Open S3OC and go to Cloning-->the CAS Part
Choose the item you are recatagorizing & click Clone or Fix
Change the item in the right hand side of the window.
Unclick Renumber/rename manually
Click save--->choose your mods packages folder for the save-do not change the save name.

That's it and you have created an override that will replace the items in CAS and move them to the catagories you want